Main Draw - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17,255
                     
Main Draw

It took almost 5 hours too long, but here it is finally, the worst draw of the season:

www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2013/6718/mds.pdf

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 07-14-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Transcender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,578
                     
Re: Main Draw

Nice draw for Arguellito.

Guys, give Bogota a chance. It is a first-year tournament with some good players in a busy week where all the top players always play Hamburg or rest. It will grow in years to come.

As for the crappiness of Newport every year, that I have no idea ( or solution).

Horacio Zeballos - Maximo Gonzalez - Eduardo Schwank - Carlos Berlocq - Diego Schwartzman - Facundo Bagnis - all the other Argentinos
VamosHoracio is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17,255
                     
Re: Main Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosHoracio View Post
Nice draw for Arguellito.

Guys, give Bogota a chance. It is a first-year tournament with some good players in a busy week where all the top players always play Hamburg or rest. It will grow in years to come.

As for the crappiness of Newport every year, that I have no idea ( or solution).
It might not grow or get better, not all tourney's do, this is the worst possible start for a new tourney, new tourney's usually start off well, not poorly, Johannesburg didn't last very long and it had better draws than this.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17,255
                     
Re: Main Draw

Quote:
O. M. G. I can really see Vasek making it to the semis if he plays good tennis and his 1st serves go in. If that happens, don't see much problems until Anderson. Vasek has one of the best draws of everyone, please don't blow this chance!
Not quite, Michal has been playing pretty well lately and Vashy just lost to Karlovic, plus probably Bedene in R2, I don't think his draw his nearly as good as you are making out.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 20
Posts: 4,120
                     
Re: Main Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Not quite, Michal has been playing pretty well lately and Vashy just lost to Karlovic, plus probably Bedene in R2, I don't think his draw his nearly as good as you are making out.
Yes, I know Vasek hasn't been in great form, but I think if he plays 80% of his best tennis he could make the semis.
juddy96 is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Registered User
 
Sauletekis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pafos, Cyprus
Age: 29
Posts: 11,826
                     
Re: Main Draw

This is a joke and no, I won't give any chance to Bogota. That Arguello and Struvay vs. Qualifier match, in a hardcourt, giving 20 pts to the winner, is just making joke of the whole ATP points system.

Proud fan of:

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,578
                     
Re: Main Draw

Maybe I will admit I feel bias because I am from South America, however, tournament in Johannesburg is in a region where tennis isn't huge. In South America, especially Colombia, tennis is big - and really growing. They have 2 really good singles players and a great doubles pair. In South Africa, the tennis wasn't growing and neither did the tournament, so this time next year, we'll see with Bogota.

Horacio Zeballos - Maximo Gonzalez - Eduardo Schwank - Carlos Berlocq - Diego Schwartzman - Facundo Bagnis - all the other Argentinos
VamosHoracio is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17,255
                     
Re: Main Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
This is a joke and no, I won't give any chance to Bogota. That Arguello and Struvay vs. Qualifier match, in a hardcourt, giving 20 pts to the winner, is just making joke of the whole ATP points system.
Can't really talk about Struvay as he's a WC, better than some others that's for sure, the qualy will probably win it, anyhow, similar things have happened before, the draw would have been better if so many players didn't pull out, I wonder why they did, qualy draw would have been better too obv.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 371
                     
Re: Main Draw

This tournament will never be successful if it remains where it is on the calendar...Hate to say it but the bulk of the guys wanting to play on hard court this year are Americans and they'll never come down here because of the whole LA controversy now and the majority of the big name South Americans are in Hamburg. You'd think they would have at least gotten DelPo or Raonic though. You won't even get lower ranked Americans though with Binghampton Challenger played the same week. Good Luck Bogota enjoy your two year run.
Capriati Rules is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,964
                     
Re: Main Draw

What is the proble here? Few lower ranked players have a great opportunity to make at least an ATP Main Draw or reaching the second round of an ATP 250 event like Duckworth. I really look forward to this open draw although Anderson, Tipsarevic or Giraldo/Falla should take the title here.
outrider is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 20
Posts: 4,120
                     
Re: Main Draw

Doesn't Bogota have some wacky altitude as well? Maybe this is another reason why guys like Raonic or Delpo don't come here?
juddy96 is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17,255
                     
Re: Main Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capriati Rules View Post
This tournament will never be successful if it remains where it is on the calendar...Hate to say it but the bulk of the guys wanting to play on hard court this year are Americans and they'll never come down here because of the whole LA controversy now and the majority of the big name South Americans are in Hamburg. You'd think they would have at least gotten DelPo or Raonic though. You won't even get lower ranked Americans though with Binghampton Challenger played the same week. Good Luck Bogota enjoy your two year run.
There were some Americans who pulled out here who aren't playing Binghamton.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17,255
                     
Re: Main Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosHoracio View Post
Maybe I will admit I feel bias because I am from South America, however, tournament in Johannesburg is in a region where tennis isn't huge. In South America, especially Colombia, tennis is big - and really growing. They have 2 really good singles players and a great doubles pair. In South Africa, the tennis wasn't growing and neither did the tournament, so this time next year, we'll see with Bogota.
Actually I think it was because of Anderson.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 371
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
There were some Americans who pulled out here who aren't playing Binghamton.
They would have never played Binghamton now anyways with their ranking since they are either DE to us open or guaranteed wcs...see point about boycotting due to LA as well.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Capriati Rules is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17,255
                     
Re: Main Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capriati Rules View Post
They would have never played Binghamton now anyways with their ranking since they are either DE to us open or guaranteed wcs...see point about boycotting due to LA as well.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Can't boycott LA anymore cause it doesn't exist, and why boycott it anyway?

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome