Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ask the Board Thread

TT 
183K views 3K replies 185 participants last post by  anny 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
In this topic you can ask all question related with Tennis Tipping, Managers thread will be only for applying to manage tournament.

The Current TT Board Members are:

BMT360
Randy
a1canada
Shahrastani1986
dinkulpus
MikiKuba

#840 ·
I know suggestions are supposed to come at the end of the year but I don't want to forget this one:

I think players should be allowed to commit to play doubles with a random person. What this means is that somebody can commit for doubles without having to find a partner. The manager would make randomized pairings before the final entry list.

Just food for thought

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#841 ·
I know suggestions are supposed to come at the end of the year but I don't want to forget this one:

I think players should be allowed to commit to play doubles with a random person. What this means is that somebody can commit for doubles without having to find a partner. The manager would make randomized pairings before the final entry list.

Just food for thought
Interesting idea. You'd only pair up people asking for a random partner, I guess. Some do not want to play doubles.

#844 ·
Minding the standard Fact sheet , simple logic tells me that I should not be LE.

Fact Sheet

Type: Challenger
Surface: Hard
Date: May 19th
Tournament website:

1st Singles Entry Deadline: Sunday 11th May 6PM CEST
Period for changes and doubles commitments: Sunday, 11th May 6:01 pm CET – Friday 16th May 6:00 pm CET
Draw size for singles: 32 (56 direct entries, 8 qualy spots, 32 player qualy draw)
Draw size for doubles: 16 (28 direct entries, 4 qualy spots, 16 team qualy draw)
Time of the draw:
Assistant manager:

Code:
[B][U]TT RANKING POINTS[/U][/B]

W....90
F....63
SF...40
QF...21
R16..9
R32..0
Q....3

@valac222 : in the challenger thread you said you don't know but now in the Ask the board thread you know !?!?

I'm waiting for other board member answer(s) also please :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#856 ·
The rules are very clear on this point, you have to send to the person given in the OOP and nothing else is counted as valid picks. You can always suggest a rule change in the next off-season rule review. I will vote against it. The manager only does this when he's not around to post diffs on time the next day.

#857 ·
Just noticed rugsal25 is in both the Mestre and Nottingham draws...he committed to Mestre first but didn't send any picks there.
So I guess he forgot about committing to Mestre...do I keep him in the N'ham draw?

#858 ·
He should be OUT from Nottingham :eek:

Code:
- Players are only allowed to commit to one tournament per week.
- If a player commits to two different tournaments in the same week, the first commitment prevails.
- If the double commitment is not noticed by the managers, points gained by the player in any of the two tournaments will not be considered.

#862 ·
Hi, this is just a question for future reference, because I think it's too late for me to act on it now:

I'm in the final of the Nottingham I CH for this week. Would that have granted me an SE into tournaments in the next week, and if so, which ones?
It would have granted you an SE into any of this week's challenger tournaments if you asked ahead of the 2nd deadline, which was yesterday.

You can ask before you actually reach the final, if you don't know if you'll make it or not until it's too late. Just post in the thread where you'll be playing that you request a SE in case you reach the final of "xxx", typically after you've reached the SF. You'll then get it if you're successful, if not then it will be like you never asked.

#868 ·
I have this in Wimbledon, Could someone of the board confirm that I take the right decision :p

My partner and I were replaced in the doubles draw, because my partner did not send (I did). Neither of our opponents sent either. Anyway, we were in the same situation as TenisColombiano/Palin6o (their opponents didn't send either, and only one of them did), and we got the same amount of matches correct, however I got more SR's correct. However we were replaced instead of them, apparently because of our rankings. I was just wondering if that decision should have instead been based on who had more correct SR's, before resorting to rankings.

#869 ·
Since noone in the board has answered yet I'll make a stab at it.

Replacing is done before play starts. You don't know who will take the spot yet but you know where they will land. So the fact that the lowest ranked pair managed to outscore someone is not important and you made the right decision. That's my take on it.

#871 ·
Believe its 3 weeks the rankings from three weeks prior to the start of the event.

#874 ·
Bry, can you check if I used the correct rankings for Manta please? I'm not second guessing myself :lol:

#884 ·
If one player commits to doubles before the deadline but the second player has not confirmed, do I count them?
What about if one player suggests to another that they play together but that is not confirmed?

#887 ·
When I left TT in the past I sadly made the mistake of having my name removed from the ranking threads. So I had to start my ranking all over. But since I played in Jan. of this year those TT's are showing up in the number of Tournaments I have played. Since my rankings were all lost shouldn't the number of TT's played be restarted as well? Also when will ranking points again start dropping off my rankings?