Mens Tennis Forums banner

Friday OP & Scores!

48K views 2K replies 117 participants last post by  Seeker 
#1 · (Edited)
Center Court starting at 13:00 CEST
Nikolay DAVYDENKO (RUS) vs. Filippo VOLANDRI (ITA)
followed by
Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs. Guillermo CORIA (ARG)
followed by
Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG) vs. Christophe ROCHUS (BEL)
followed by
Andreas SEPPI (ITA) vs. Richard GASQUET (FRA)

Court M1 starting at 13:00 CEST
Wayne ARTHURS (AUS)/Paul HANLEY (AUS) vs. Mario ANCIC (CRO)/Ivan LJUBICIC (CRO)
followed by
Mark KNOWLES (BAH)/Daniel NESTOR (CAN) vs. Michael LLODRA (FRA)/Fabrice SANTORO (FRA)
followed by
Bob BRYAN (USA)/Mike BRYAN (USA) vs. Leander PAES (IND)/Nenad ZIMONJIC (SCG)

#102 ·
Deivid23 said:
Volandri

0-15 netted bh
15-15 return long
15-30 fh long
15-40 nice attack Kolya, Volandri´s bh goes long
30-40 Volo attacks, ends with volley, kolya can´t bring it back
40-40 Volo hitted a great cc bh, then goes to net and ends with overhead
adv-40 Volandri overpowered Kolya, his fh goes long

Game Volandri on fh cc winner, leads 4-3*
What's the overall standard of the match like? It's on live, but I am not at home.

#104 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
Neely likes him and that is another reason not to like him.
:lol:
Neely would go for any player as long as he's widely disliked...

#105 ·
I said this in GM about Volandri. He should after the US Open, just go off the tour and remodel his serve, if he wants to take the next step as I said with deivid, it doesn't need to be fast, get some kick on it, vary it and move it around a lot better than he does now.

#109 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
I said this in GM about Volandri. He should after the US Open, just go off the tour and remodel his serve, if he wants to take the next step as I said with deivid, it doesn't need to be fast, get some kick on it, vary it and move it around a lot better than he does now.
he needs a crash course how to serve

#110 ·
Rogiman said:
:lol:
Neely would go for any player as long as he's widely disliked...
Well I don't have a problem with Kiefer so much. Haas is a lot worse in that regard, but unlike Australopithicus robustus, she actually knows how to construct a point that makes sense.

#112 ·
Swisha said:
he needs a crash course how to serve
I remember the 3rd greatest Austrian of all time Gilbert Schaller went away and fixed up his game and came back and beat Sampras at RG and did quite with his limited talents. Volandri has more ability than that.

#115 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
I remember the 3rd greatest Austrian of all time Gilbert Schaller went away and fixed up his game and came back and beat Sampras at RG and did quite with his limited talents. Volandri has more ability than that.

lol yeah thats true...its kinda sad watchin him and knowing that he could do a lot better with a solid serve

#116 ·
It's time for a good break!!! C'mon, Kolia!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.