Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - 5 winners. Congrats - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 56°N 102°E
Posts: 3,285
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

D3 Tipsarevic
BU Nishikori

PAW: #94(15 nov 2010) --> #71(7 feb 2011)
purtov45 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,843
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

Day 3

Pick: Tipsarevic
BU: Nishikori
KittyTennis is offline  
post #213 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
rvugt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nijmegen
Age: 31
Posts: 6,943
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 2 is in the post #4. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter who the opponent is, as long as your pick actually plays the match
You are wrong here. You pick Bellucci in the match Bellucci-Harrison! If a WO from the side of Harrison is done, the pick changes, as you might have wanted to pick somebody else if this happened. So BU pick is counted!

Member of Suicide tennis board!

For all tt results from the past:

http://tt-statistics.info/
rvugt is offline  
 
post #214 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:11 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
rvugt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nijmegen
Age: 31
Posts: 6,943
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

Day 3: Anderson
BU: Nishikori

Member of Suicide tennis board!

For all tt results from the past:

http://tt-statistics.info/
rvugt is offline  
post #215 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered User
 
tenniscreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 797
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 2 is in the post #4. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
You are wrong here. You pick Bellucci in the match Bellucci-Harrison! If a WO from the side of Harrison is done, the pick changes, as you might have wanted to pick somebody else if this happened. So BU pick is counted!
I cannot be wrong or right since this situation is not mentioned specifically in the rules, it's an opinion, yours is maybe better because you have more posts than I do.
tenniscreep is offline  
post #216 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered User
 
igmIGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,275
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

Day 3: Anderson
BU: Nishikori

PAW(9) Brisbane'17,Atlanta'16,WIMBLEDON'16,Buenos Aires'15,Memphis'15,Valencia'13,Newport'12,Buenos Aires'12,Atlanta'11
Runner-Up
Miami'17, Halle'16,Stuttgart'16, Munich'16,Memphis'16,Valencia'15

SUICIDE(5) Australian Open'16,Montpellier'15,Vienna'14,Dubai'14,Doha'14 winner(9) Rome'17,Marrakech'17,Brisbane'17,Rio de Janeiro'16,Brisbane'16,Kuala-Lumpur'15,Newport'15,Winstom-Salem'14,Washington'14
igmIGM is offline  
post #217 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 20,811
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

D3: Lopez
BU: Anderson

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #218 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered User
 
Chris 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,527
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

day3 del potro
backup nishikori
Chris 84 is offline  
post #219 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 16,136
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 2 is in the post #4. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
You are wrong here. You pick Bellucci in the match Bellucci-Harrison! If a WO from the side of Harrison is done, the pick changes, as you might have wanted to pick somebody else if this happened. So BU pick is counted!
Rubbish. I might have wanted to pick Bellucci no matter who his opponent was. So you can't change things by deciding that you know what I might have wanted. Only I know that.
Anyway your opinion is invalid on this issue, because you apparently don't know the difference between withdrawal and walkover. They are not remotely the same thing.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly; 03-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.
buddyholly is offline  
post #220 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:49 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 16,136
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 2 is in the post #4. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
I cannot be wrong or right since this situation is not mentioned specifically in the rules, it's an opinion, yours is maybe better because you have more posts than I do.
It is mentioned specifically because a backup is used only in the case of a walkover or withdrawal of the ''main pick''. Therefore it specifies that when your main pick plays a match, it is a valid match.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #221 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Registered User
 
tenniscreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 797
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 2 is in the post #4. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It is mentioned specifically because a backup is used only in the case of a walkover or withdrawal of the ''main pick''. Therefore it specifies that when your main pick plays a match, it is a valid match.
Sounds about right
tenniscreep is offline  
post #222 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered User
 
Adder A216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Veenendaal, Holland
Age: 48
Posts: 3,422
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

3. Lopez (Monaco)

Rankings:
TT singles: 79 (65)
TT doubles: 178 (113)
DTT singles: 26 (6)
DTT doubles: 15 (9)
FITD: 34 (1, aug'09 )
ST: 40 (24)
PAW: 54 (46)


Playing TT with Machiavelli
Playing in formerly DTT with Diego36arg
Adder A216 is offline  
post #223 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered User
 
jfrtennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 515
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

Day #3: Tipsarevic
Backup: Anderson
jfrtennis is offline  
post #224 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
rvugt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nijmegen
Age: 31
Posts: 6,943
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 2 is in the post #4. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
I cannot be wrong or right since this situation is not mentioned specifically in the rules, it's an opinion, yours is maybe better because you have more posts than I do.
Well, maybe it is not really well known, but the fact is that there is a board of suicide tennis! And I am in it! And we are discussing at the moment how this should be handled! And I think most of us agree on the fact that if a match is not played like it is in the OOP, it doesn't count! And an opinion is not better because you have more posts, that is for sure nonsense.

I know that in the past the rule is implemented like we mentioned, so a withdrawal of the opponent of the player, BU will be used!

And buddyholly, a little bit more respect on the forum might be nice. I am not saying things if I have no reason to.

Member of Suicide tennis board!

For all tt results from the past:

http://tt-statistics.info/
rvugt is offline  
post #225 of 435 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered User
 
mariagsc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 266
                     
Re: Suicide tennis - Miami 2013 - OoP for Day 3 is in the post #4. Good luck

Dia 03 - Anderson
BU - Haas

TT
Single:
CH Cali 2012

Doubles:
(w/ Direnan) - CH Rio de Janeiro 2013; CH Lexington 2012
mariagsc1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome