Mens Tennis Forums banner

Restart the world

4K views 54 replies 23 participants last post by  mseles1 
#1 ·
I wont get into boring details but i (with the rest of my class) got some kind of a punishment(i see it as one) to create the world, the paper is not limited in the Number of pages or words only the quality of work its 50% of the final grade of the course :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: if i will fail this my degree will be Postponed in a year bc i will have to Register again for the course.

so i thought i will use the Wisdom of crowds.

If any of you could restart this world what would u have done? would u divide the sexes equally 50%-50%? will you eliminate languages​​? Cultures? Religion? if so what kind? will you bring back other languages​​? Cultures? Religion?
how many americans will you take? chinese? Norwegians, Indians, Africans, Philippines?

i was toying with the idea of telling her that i will leave everything the same beside her and this class but im not sure she will like it :cool:

Please do not drag this into a Political/religion or culture debate, just say what you think.

thanks. :hatoff:

See less See more
#4 ·
I would make everything the same except limit the number of humans to 1 million and forward science by 100 years. thus we would have no issues with resources and environmental problems, plenty of space and nature and sheer endless possibilities for everybody.

#5 ·
But doesn't that immeidately bring other difficult questions like who decides who can procreate?

OT: While it might mean the world is a more boring place, I can't help thinking that speaking one language might help a lot of the misunderstanding. Also an innate gene that stops mankind (emphasis on the "man" in this instance) from wanting to make war on each other, and do other cruel things - in other words, abolish the concept of "inhumanity". The inclusion of such a gene should also take care of any adult abusing a child, and by extension, create a world without such abhorrent things as child and sexual slavery.

Reactions: Mong Mong
#11 · (Edited)
You can't restart the world without knowing how it began. Even we don't know how humans began. For all we know ancient aliens could have created our planet million years ago, and humans were just a result of a scientific genetic experiment.

... [/I will stop it right here]

You just did not, :lol:. I just finished my Friday-ly 2000 essays a merely twelve hours ago, so I'll reserve my thoughts until I have recollected myself of the sleep I have missed.

#14 · (Edited)
not sure if anyone care but i got an A+ (in israel its 100 perfect)

i did a mistake in the begining and tried to think what my prof' wanted me to write, what should i do to get the A+ but with the help of a smart friend (thank u Ann) i understood that my prof request was impossible from the begining, how can i Divide the world into races if there isnt any?
i know what u will say there are Blacks and whites etc etc but on what should we based our Difference or division between us?
on looks? whites, blacks, Coloured?
on On a geographical basis? Europeans, Asians, Africans
on Tribes? Zulu, Cherokee, Xhosa

or maybe According to biological characteristics? i have blood type O+ maybe the population should be based on blood type, O+/-, A+/-, B+/-, AB+/-? after all nature divide us into different kind of blood type
it is Known that different blood types bring to the formation of different types of antibodies - proteins that the immune system sends to destroy invaders. This fact rise to speculation that nature developed various blood types to help us fight various types of infections, and each person will be more resistant to infection blood type "specializes".

One proof was presented in 2003, when SARS broke out in Hong Kong. Statistically, it turned out that people with blood type O infected less of the virus and came hypothesis that O blood type immune to clots than those with other blood types.

Johann Friedrich Blumenbach a German physician, naturalist, physiologist, and anthropologist divided the human species into five races in 1779.

the Caucasian or white race - Includes most of the inhabitants of Europe and Western Asia.
the Mongolian or yellow race - Including the residents of Asia, east of the Ural Mountains, China, Japan, etc..
the Malayan or brown race - Includes most of Africa (except north), Australia, New Guinea and other islands in the Pacific.
the Ethiopian, or black race - Includes the Indians of the Americas (excluding the Eskimos).
the American or red race - Includes the islanders of the South - East Asia (Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, etc.)

BUT, if we can divide us into 5 who not 6 and 9 or 15? who say when to stop? even inside "whites" there are Nordic, Alpine and Mediterranean.
how about more Light skin english end german or more dark like the Spanish, French, Italian? so even inside the "white" u have difference.

Thinking in categories of race is merely a means to explain and justify the reality of exploitation and enslavement.

Not only that the categorization to races, and in fact this feature Africans reference only, was used to justify slavery in historical reality when people enslaved completely to making a profit by their work, but also present in categories such thinking is only a means of maintaining order in complex social reality.

The term race has no existence of its own, and it continues to be relevant because it is used, even if you have noble intentions.
So ignorant, racist and academics researchers of exploitation of racial discrimination as sinners the same assumptions about the existence of races They all sinners Relying the same assumptions about the existence of races.

I think mixing is a source of improvement not degeneration.

#16 ·
long story but it was in the class, im just glad its over

and yes i agree with u, sadly it does more bad then good

#20 ·
Please do not drag this into a Political/religion or culture debate, just say what you think.
:confused: & :lol:
Go swimming, but stay out of the water.

CD hit the nail on the head - a decreased world population would also be my number one wish.
I wouldn't want religion banned as it clearly brings comfort to numerous individuals. Removing war, vengefulness from holy books would make many of the world faiths more palatable. Which in turn would make it possible to live a day without reading of yet another middle eastern horror occuring.
Deforestation of the Amazon would be outlawed & harsh penalties applied.
Sharks & other wildlife wouldn't be vilified.
No-one would be forbidden bacon.

#26 ·
I would sprinkle fairy dust on militant atheists and religious fundamentalists and turn them into open-minded, religious progressives and the world will will be full of less angry and spiteful people.

#43 ·
Punky, congrats on your A+. I believe you have the notoriety now to to actually settle disagreements in this thread :D

But first i want to ask one question from the actual equation - It first says "create" the World.
On this base were your few first questions, like the sexes percentage, the number of people per nationality, etc.

So where did this "restart" word come in the equation, as it messes up the whole question imo, by making the rules of such an idea extremely unclear.

If we get to create a new World, we might imagine doing that on a newly found planet, which is exactly like the Earth, but let's say 10 times smaller.

We can assume that moving to this new planet is no longer a problem and the Earth is not in danger at all, we just have found this planet and we decide to create a new world there.

We have discovered this planet, so it's our right to rule it and the whole world on Earth agrees and has no problem with it. The planet itself is owned by the UN.
The UN has granted us a certain funding (in gold), which would be enough to create the bases for life up there and we have the full rights to decide how it will happen, who will go there, who will live where, etc. full powers. We're the President of the whole thing.

From there on we could write a really long book on how things would work up there.

Starting with some obvious decisions we could make - Same language. Everyone should speak good English.
Of course it won't be forbidden to speak your own language with the people who do, coming from the same place on Earth, but speaking English would be obligatory and essential.

The currency would be precious metals - Gold, Silver, Bronze.

The planet would be separated in Continents, States, Cantons. All of them with their President, reporting to the President above, up to ourselves.

No army, small numbered police, coming from Kfor and fully controlled by the UN.

People will be elected by CV, just as a job application. If one of the family is elected, the rest follow.

Offers from companies from Earth will be asked, for the various fields we'd need fast advancement in order to have a minimum of base to start life up there, like construction companies, petrol wells' operators, mining, etc.

The staff of these companies should all be eligible within certain rules, one of them being the language, no crime records, etc.

No trans planetarian trade is possible, goods are not to be transferred from Upthere (we could call the new place) to Earth, only certain tools can be brought and get back from/to Earth in order to work faster.

Considering that we'd be on a new planet, above the sky line, so if we didn't see any almighty creatures on our way with the ships, we assume it's obvious that most of the actual religions are not tolerated Upthere.

Organized religion will be banned, temples would be forbidden. Anyone can have his own beliefs and practice his own religion at home freely, without bothering any other one with it.

Some of the most precious products the Upthere will give us will be spreaded equally per State, per capita, 20% will be the tax, flat, coming to the main Presidency for it to secure the costs of the spreading process (as ones will be closer, others further to the places we gather these products), the administration costs as medical and education, as well as police after the inauguration.

These products will be the main energy resources as petrol and gas + the precious metals and stones.

The cities will be spread in a way for them to have relatively equal potential for growing food around them.

Banks will be forbidden, except for a central one, with offices everywhere, which would operate part of the 10% taxes in form of low percentage loans, starting 20 years after the inauguration.

The Earth's calendar will be used (if possible, considering our small size and ofc many other important details as our sun, our rotation around ourselves, our rotation around the sun, etc., etc., we finally accept that it's all good with the actual calendar).
The Inauguration day will be the first day of the new Era, which will be counted parallel to the Earth's calendar.

This is just the beginning of course. Run as a company, with its kinda totalitarian ways, with barely any control, etc.

But it's ours and we decide it will be run this way for 20 years, which time we assume will be enough for a real society to form and to slowly start to implement democracy.

On the first day of the 20th Uptherian year there will be elections, which will have been prepared, starting with the smallest cells, like neighborhoods, majoritary voting, 1 person elected to represent this cell, which then will be part of a city council electing the mayor among the cell representatives.

All mayors per Canton elect the Cantonal President from one of them and up the ladder.

All the Cantonal Presidents will be gathered in a huge parliament in order to create the first Constitution, with ourselves as still President having a ban decision on the major points (for example in some major points concerning the relations with Earth, religion, banks, monetary system, etc.).

After the Constitution is made, they proceed following it, they elect their new President, or Parliament, or whatever they have figured out for themselves.

The main focus will be on education. The education system will be the base and foundation of this society, for it to function well in the future.

There are millions of questions to settle in such an equation of course, but all having the same history, no organized religion (which by itself is not necessary, considering all are educated and have the same history on this place) and an eventually fair monetary system are i believe bases that might make such a place work better than our actual place.

#45 ·
Punky, congrats on your A+. I believe you have the notoriety now to to actually settle disagreements in this thread :D

But first i want to ask one question from the actual equation - It first says "create" the World.
On this base were your few first questions, like the sexes percentage, the number of people per nationality, etc.

So where did this "restart" word come in the equation, as it messes up the whole question imo, by making the rules of such an idea extremely unclear..
first thank u, you can call me by my name instead :)
my Prof was very unclear, i didnt give u the full report and the Assignment bc i didnt want u all to be bored :).
she wanted us to create, gave us free will to do as we pleased, come up whatever however we want. she wanted us to think outside of the box

If we get to create a new World, we might imagine doing that on a newly found planet, which is exactly like the Earth, but let's say 10 times smaller.
why on a new and smaller one? vwe can still save this? we didnt lose it..

Starting with some obvious decisions we could make - Same language. Everyone should speak good English.
Of course it won't be forbidden to speak your own language with the people who do, coming from the same place on Earth, but speaking English would be obligatory and essential.
i agree we should all know the same language so it will help us Communicate but it should never be obligatory, so many languages means lots of cultures, ideas, richer in thought and Creativity

besides even if we all learn english, do u think each county will have her own Dialect?
i do think we should all learn one language for Communication and business, but one language would be so a boring.

im in fav of Restoring Latin, to study rare languages.

btw why everyone should learn english? why not Arabic? Spanish? Hindu?
just wondering

The currency would be precious metals - Gold, Silver, Bronze.
im not sure theres enough gold in the world for that, the Economy will develop but the Gold Limited.
beside there was a reason we moved into bills, it was easier to exchange.

People will be elected by CV, just as a job application. If one of the family is elected, the rest follow.
im not sure that its fair, I think it will make us miss great and courageous leaders and who said if ur CV is better thats a Guarantee something? i think it will cuz a situation that if you have connections and know people u will be elected over and over, i would like to see more ppl try.

i wouldnt like to erase everything, i cant see myself giving up my heritage, I do not see myself giving up on the Japanese culture, the Chinese etc etc.

i love The difference, i Accepts and embraces it BUT we need to see it as a good thing not as something that divide us.

all of us as the same will be so boring, "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.."

maybe its just me as a person who love it, maybe others find it wrong.

but we share most of ur ideas who are great :smooch:

#46 ·
English as a language i have chosen, because most technical documentation and anykind of documentation is most commonly found in English.
Also it's the easiest language on Earth, so it can be learned fast.

The CV way of gathering people is just inevitable by definition, considering the new place would be ran just like a company for the beginning, until the people there would chose for themselves how to live ahead, who to welcome, what values they'd have, etc.

The precious metals kind of monetary system is perhaps harder to operate, but much more fair and guarantees the lack of inflation.
Of course in order to be more precise, to anticipate all risks and problems, one needs to be a solid finance manager, but the whole thing is based on trying to change the actual monetary system, in which every dollar coming out of printing already bears a lot of interest, which creates this catastrophic world in debt and people dying of hunger in the peripheries of it.

About the heritage, traditions and cultures i have a specific opinion, normally not in line with the standard and it's a discussion actually worth a whole new thread, coz it a vast subject.

Traditions in my opinion are just a hand break on evolution and i believe it's overrated big time.
We couldn't imagine the World without traditions and our cultural, often religious heritage, so we naturally tend to believe it can only be bad, but my personal opinion is that it's the inverse.

I do understand the contrary opinion and i don't want to force mine at all of course, it's just an opinion, based on some thinking, looking at the world from my unique perspective, with my unique set of experiences, people i have met, unique situations everyone of us has been.

So, i don't judge, i just share an alternative way of seeing the World, which is not alternative for me :)

#53 ·
This entire thread is laughable.

#54 ·
Forget the world, I need to restart my brain for September :stupid: Ohhhh sugar :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.