David vs. Roger - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Angelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 240
                     
Talking David vs. Roger

Make your bets.
My prediction: David in 4 sets.
Current record: David 5 - Roger 1
In fact the record should be 6 - 0, cause the Roger's vitory at the TMS Cup was just good luck.
Angelito is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 183
 
Re: David vs. Roger

My bet is $108 on Roger to win. The ods are 1.53-2.43 in favor
of Roger btw on william hill.

I believe David has nothing to lose, and everything to prove
but Roger has himself quite a bit of pressure to do "well".
mrpenguin is offline  
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 44
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: David vs. Roger

I go with David in 4 sets.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 183
 
Re: David vs. Roger

I guess Roger in 4 makes me a blue-eyed idealist- so be it!
mrpenguin is offline  
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,402
                     
Re: David vs. Roger

I'd rather not make a choice here, but I have to totally disagree with the assertion in your original post, Angelito. David may not have played well in that match at the TMC, but saying Roger just had good luck is rather trite. He had the right game plan, stuck with it, and played great - hence turning what have mostly been long close matches into an overwhelming win.

I'm hoping he does it again on Wednesday, but if he doesn't, I'm sure he will do sometime again in the future.
jtipson is offline  
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Angelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 240
                     
Re: Re: David vs. Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpenguin
My bet is $108 on Roger to win. The ods are 1.53-2.43 in favor
of Roger btw on william hill.

I believe David has nothing to lose, and everything to prove
but Roger has himself quite a bit of pressure to do "well".
I also think Roger has the pressure to do it well, of showing TMS Cup victory wasn't just a coincidence. In a way I think Roger knows David wasn't in his best form that day, so he still has the history pressure on his shoulders. On the other hand David knows how to play Roger and how to make to most of him.

Why $108 and not just $100?
Angelito is offline  
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 44
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: David vs. Roger

while you're betting, mrp, why don't you go for your whole paycheck?
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 183
 
Re: David vs. Roger

:-) because I won $108 on Hewitt-Roger , so I'm betting all my gains
mrpenguin is offline  
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 44
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: David vs. Roger

oh, so, now, you can take that $108, plus your paycheck and bet on the next match.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 183
 
Re: David vs. Roger

sigma,

I hope you marry a wall-street guy, so that he can clue you in
on RISK-MANAGEMENT

anyway, I'm a penguin, so I don't get paychecks, just fresh fish and
trolls in the park
mrpenguin is offline  
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Angelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 240
                     
Re: Re: David vs. Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtipson
I'd rather not make a choice here, but I have to totally disagree with the assertion in your original post, Angelito. David may not have played well in that match at the TMC, but saying Roger just had good luck is rather trite. He had the right game plan, stuck with it, and played great - hence turning what have mostly been long close matches into an overwhelming win.

I'm hoping he does it again on Wednesday, but if he doesn't, I'm sure he will do sometime again in the future.
Of course it wasn't just good luck, It is just a way of putting it.
Anyway I don't think he had a game plan and I wouldn't said he played great cause they really didn't played that day. I can say he played awesome against Roddick in the final, that's true but against David... wasn't even a match.
Angelito is offline  
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 183
 
Re: Re: Re: David vs. Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelito
Of course it wasn't just good luck, It is just a way of putting it.
Anyway I don't think he had a game plan and I wouldn't said he played great cause they really didn't played that day. I can say he played awesome against Roddick in the final, that's true but against David... wasn't even a match.
I don't think David even knows what a gameplan is ROFL
mrpenguin is offline  
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Angelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 240
                     
Angry Re: Re: Re: Re: David vs. Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpenguin
I don't think David even knows what a gameplan is ROFL
Very funny, will see it tomorrow. Anyway I think you should ask Roger about David's gameplans, I bet he could write a thesis about that.
Angelito is offline  
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 44
Posts: 36,083
                     
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: David vs. Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelito
Very funny, will see it tomorrow. Anyway I think you should ask Roger about David's gameplans, I bet he could write a thesis about that.

He could probably write a dissertation.
sigmagirl91 is offline  
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,402
                     
David vs. Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelito
Of course it wasn't just good luck, It is just a way of putting it.
Oh, ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelito
Anyway I don't think he had a game plan and I wouldn't said he played great cause they really didn't played that day. I can say he played awesome against Roddick in the final, that's true but against David... wasn't even a match.
Was hardly the best match in the world, I agree. But we will have to differ on the game plan bit.

Anyway, whoever wins this qf, I hope they go on and win the whole thing (unless the final is Andre v David, then I'll just have to root with Agassi for his 9th).
jtipson is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome