Me, a Master TT winner
I don't even know what kind of weather is outside, I moved to a different desk recently and there are no windows here
She is teleporting herself to work, i suppose
It's been so nice to have the windows open at work lately.
By the way, my nephews had quite a successful weekend. On Saturday, the younger one qualified for the semifinals and the final and got 6th place. On Sunday, the older one got to the final and got 5th place. Being top 8 in Europe - not bad
That's great. I'm glad they're doing well and enjoying it.
Finding a beautiful coffee table isn't as easy as it looked when I decided to search for a replacement of my current table. Most of the coffee tables I've seen so far are utterly boring in design and material used. The rest is ridiculously overpriced (my guess: 5% of the price covers the production costs and the other 95% you pay for the ego of the big shot designer) and even then: the design may be original and fun but often not really practical to use.
The search continues.
That's why I just don't have one. The ends of my couches recline anyway, so I'd be pushing a coffee table out of the way all the time anyway. I like my parents' big square coffee table quite a bit.
I was reading a report on a trip made by journalists to a Syrian refugee camp in the country Jordan. When asked where the reporters are from and getting the reply "Belgium", people began to laugh.
Slightly miffed, the reporters asked what's so funny about coming from Belgium.
The reply: "Belgam is the nickname given to Palestinians in Jordan"
Question: "Is that a bad thing? An insult?"
Reply: "No, on the contrary. It's a compliment. It refers to the fact that Belgium created a country were there was none at all beforehand. It serves as an inspiration for Palestinians."
--> You learn something every day.
Interesting. It reminds me of the Nazis' use of "Canada Room" for rooms full of stuff they took from the Jewish people in the camps. It was supposedly because we have so many (natural) resources. (I don't see that as a compliment, though.
baseball should keep me busy
I'm going to a couple of games soon and I'm really looking forward to it.
So you're into baseball now?
Better than American football, just saying.
They're kind of equal.
Who cares about soccer, another girlish euro sport. I am into real sports now (aka american sports)
I knew I liked you, JM.
ESPN. Best channels ever. I wish I could live in the US, most things I'd want to watch are during the night over here
Absolutely. One of my friends loves Formula 1 and gets up in the middle of the night to watch non-North American based races. I do that for tennis sometimes but that's it. I'm glad to have the North American big four on at normal times for me.
Congrats. Switzerland has been playing very well against us lately. One day we will beat you again.
It's NHL playoffs.