Have a good flight home, Rafa! AO Thread. - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Registered User
 
hra87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,231
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
That's true. I am just superstitious when it comes to Rafa. Obviously Youzhny is the biggest threat for Nadal in this draw but a five set match allows Nadal to come back a little bit more. However he has to play better than USO 2006.

As for KaxMisha, well he is the" upholder of logic" in this irrational universe. I once stated that I wouldn't mind Fed being no.1 if Rafa wins French and Wimbledon. He bad repped me saying "stop trolling, Nadal will never win Wimbledon". A little bit of a slip-up for his high standards I would say
I won't mind too much if Youzhny beat him though, I like Youzhny a lot. That reminds me, I need to re-work my sig. I had it organized in a specific way, but that way is no longer relevant (it's based on my favorites in arbitrary categories I created). Plus Gasquet has been putting me to sleep recently, and in his category he barely squeaked passed Murray. Maybe I should switch. I'll give it some thinking over.

I don't think Tsonga has a chance btw, unless Youzhny is injured again or something, so it should get interesting. Hopefully Nadal will amp it up and we'll get a nice 5-setter out of it.

And hopefully Hewitt beats Djokovic tonight.

I was just looking at the Federer-Tipsarevic thread. It's like every one of his posts leads to an argument. I got into one with him for no reason at all, but I posted in a style that I thought would particularly aggravate him and it was fairly fun. Next time I'll start an argument and be completely "illogical" and see how it works. People obsessed with "logic" are funny, because once they come up against someone who is illogical, their worldview gets shaken to the core and they get really upset and have to make the other person understand their logic. All very funny to watch.

Pumpkin Pie
hra87 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 858
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

I actually do worry about Tsonga, he could beat Youhzny i think, im just being superstitious because he could be the guy with the run to the final that weve had every year since 01 you know: Clement, Johansson, sch (cant remember the guy from 03, i think hes south african), safin 04 05, Marcos, Gonzo... Tsongo??? But then again It could easily be Youhzny who is definatley on a high after Crushing Karlovic, and then handily defeating Koyla, If he beats Tsonga in straight sets we can Kiss Rafas finals hopes goodbye.


Yah Know I really dont think Rafa has much of a chance of winning even if he were to beat Niem and make the finals, because even in his destruction of Serra, he was broken twice, who cares about the scoreline, HE WAS BROKEN TWICE, by a guy he was destroying. Im really impressed that rafa improved the smart way, instead of trying to be more of a hardcourter, he decided to improve his old game of hitting left to right, and trying to keep it deep then using the angles, thats the way for him to win, Hit the ball higher over the net to keep it as deep as possible with less effort, guys cant consistently attack you when you do that. They said he was the new agassi in 05 and even 06 wimbledon cos he was like a windscreen wiper moving the ball left to right. Only Problem is his return of serve is weak at best and His serve is VERY ATTACKABLE which is what im really disappointed in, you would think that they would worked tirelessly to make him get that kick serve out wide in the deuce court, and the slice out wide in the ad court as his bread and butter shots!!!! Hes gonna have to wear his opponents down.

And im afraid if he makes the semis esp against Youhzny even if he squeaked a win it would be a tournament ender like that match against Murray last year....
the_natural is offline  
post #123 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,276
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

Quote:
I won't mind too much if Youzhny beat him though, I like Youzhny a lot. That reminds me, I need to re-work my sig. I had it organized in a specific way, but that way is no longer relevant (it's based on my favorites in arbitrary categories I created). Plus Gasquet has been putting me to sleep recently, and in his category he barely squeaked passed Murray. Maybe I should switch. I'll give it some thinking over.

I don't think Tsonga has a chance btw, unless Youzhny is injured again or something, so it should get interesting. Hopefully Nadal will amp it up and we'll get a nice 5-setter out of it.

And hopefully Hewitt beats Djokovic tonight.
I like Youzhny too but when he plays Nadal I prefer Nadal. However, Youzhny's in great form so I wouldn't mind a five setter too. And with you on Hewitt beating Djoko.

Quote:
I was just looking at the Federer-Tipsarevic thread. It's like every one of his posts leads to an argument. I got into one with him for no reason at all, but I posted in a style that I thought would particularly aggravate him and it was fairly fun. Next time I'll start an argument and be completely "illogical" and see how it works. People obsessed with "logic" are funny, because once they come up against someone who is illogical, their worldview gets shaken to the core and they get really upset and have to make the other person understand their logic. All very funny to watch.
That's a rather interesting viewpoint to take. Will try that next time

“For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.” - Bram Stoker, Dracula
tennizen is offline  
post #124 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,217
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

Rafa has the wonderful afternoon match tomorrow again. Thank you so very much AO organizers. VAMOS!!!!

Rod Laver Arena 11.00 AM
1. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Arnaud Clement (FRA)[7] v. Daniel Nestor (CAN)[2]
Michael Llodra (FRA)[7] Nenad Zimonjic (SRB)[2]
2. Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jelena Jankovic (SRB)[3] v. Serena Williams (USA)[7]
3. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)[24] v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]

FAN OF THE BEAUTY
MariaV is offline  
post #125 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered User
 
yana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: verona
Posts: 2,832
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Rafa has the wonderful afternoon match tomorrow again. Thank you so very much AO organizers. VAMOS!!!!

Rod Laver Arena 11.00 AM
1. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Arnaud Clement (FRA)[7] v. Daniel Nestor (CAN)[2]
Michael Llodra (FRA)[7] Nenad Zimonjic (SRB)[2]
2. Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jelena Jankovic (SRB)[3] v. Serena Williams (USA)[7]
3. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)[24] v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]
It's perfect for me too. I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night nor be late to the job.

Corazón latino 2011

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline  
post #126 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

I have to wake up in the middle of the night.

But I might not bother. I have been too many times sitting sadly in front of my TV as Rafa departs yet another hardcourt Slam before the semis
l_mac is offline  
post #127 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered User
 
yana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: verona
Posts: 2,832
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I have to wake up in the middle of the night.

But I might not bother. I have been too many times sitting sadly in front of my TV as Rafa departs yet another hardcourt Slam before the semis

I know what you mean. But look at it this way: maybe it's the last time you can see Rafa at AO. This Nieminen is good.

Corazón latino 2011

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline  
post #128 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

Bye Rafa. It's been nice watching you. Sniff.
cmurray is offline  
post #129 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,968
                     
Re: Good Luck against Nieminen, Rafa!!

Yeah, but he's after Jankovic

The Massu of the women's tour

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #130 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: Good Luck against Nieminen, Rafa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Yeah, but he's after Jankovic

The Massu of the women's tour
God help up all.

Surely Serena can speed things along. Then again.....
cmurray is offline  
post #131 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Why are you serving so badly, stupid boy??

@ the attempted jump smash, 3rd game 3rd set.
l_mac is offline  
post #132 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Nadal reaches first ever Hard Court Slam Semi Final!! Painfully.

l_mac is offline  
post #133 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 05:58 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Lopaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 322
                     
Re: Nadal reaches first ever Hard Court Slam Semi Final!! Painfully.

With Rafa now into his first hard court Slam semi I'm not sure if I should cheer or go into seclusion away from all media sources until after the AO finishes.

Nah, he looks good and did not disappoint at Indian Wells so I guess I'll chance a few more hours in front of the television.

VAMOS RAFA ***VAMOS RAFA*** VAMOS RAFA
Lopaka is offline  
post #134 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Registered User
 
Mimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 22,166
                     
Re: Nadal reaches first ever Hard Court Slam Semi Final!! Painfully.

:musi c:

Rafa! Rafa! Rafa!

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline  
post #135 of 258 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 08:03 AM
16681
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Nadal reaches first ever Hard Court Slam Semi Final!! Painfully.

Congrats to Rafa on his win And now for the Semis Vamos
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome