HOW TO PLAY
1. Matches will last for 30 minutes.
After 27 minutes, a klaxon will sound signalling that the current game will be the last game of the match. If the score is tied after this game a sudden death point will be played to decide the winner. The player who would have been due to serve in the next game will serve this point. The receiver will choose the court to receive into.
2. The following breaks will be permitted:
Between serves - 10 seconds
Between points - 15 seconds
Between games - 30 seconds
Failure to comply with these times will result in the offending player forfeiting the point. The receiver can also forfeit a point for delaying tactics. (Oh dear!
3. At deuce (known as “Turbo”), no advantage will be played, producing a sudden-death scenario. The receiver will be allowed to choose in which court he wishes to receive.
4. There will be one change of ends after 15 minutes (at the end of the game in progress). A one-minute rest period will be allowed at the change of ends only.
5. A drinks/towel station will be situation at each end of the court. Players will be allowed to use these at any time during the match subject to compliance with the time restraints. A player may choose to forfeit a point in order to spend time at the station. <-----
6. There will be 12 balls on court during the match. These will be held in a feeder and will be used in strict rotation. There will be no ball change during the match. <------
7. Players will be required to serve with the first two balls given to them by the ballchildren. If a player rejects a ball, he will be left with just one serve. If a player has a ball in his pocket but asks the ball boy for two more balls he will also forfeit a serve.<-----
8. Once the server has thrown the ball up for the toss, he must hit it. If he doesn't it will be counted as a fault.
9. Players must be ready for their match one minute after the end of the previous match. <-----
10. There will be a two-minute warm up time prior to each match. Warm up facilities will also be available, courtside, throughout the session e.g bikes, skipping ropes etc.
11. All players must remain courtside for the duration of the evening. Physiotherapy will also take place courtside unless, in the opinion of the medical team, the treatent should be carried out in private. This will be in a designated 'play pen area' with exercise bikes and other warm up facilities and will also incorporate a cool down and chill out zone and food and refreshments.
12. All players must wear predominantly coloured clothing with no more than 20% white. <--- Finally a rule he'll be okay with