Rafa is the King of Queens...okay, maybe not - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Rafa is the King of Queens...okay, maybe not

The sacrificial Queens thread No one start the Wimbledon thread, this has all been predetermined, right Ania?

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Last edited by Johnny Groove; 06-15-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Johnny Groove is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,171
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Jonathan!

Tomorrow doubles with Feli vs Coetzee/Wassen and then on to the singles! Del Potro or ToJo. Let's see how he gets the grass season going.
The 2nd rd doubles would be vs Clement/Llodra ... haha, on grass anything is possible.
MariaV is offline  
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

He shouldn't play
adee-gee is offline  
post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered User
 
NaDALiTa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: La Roja LoCkeR00M✯
Age: 29
Posts: 2,850
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

This Rafa boy is totally crazy,he just won a Grand Slam on clay, and he goes to London and has 2 days to adapt his game,it's impossible,he should take a week to rest and start step by step to play on grass.Rafa smoke some fresh grass....and take a breath

-4 RG, what else?-A WIMBLEDON

"It doesn't matter if you don't look as cool as the Ramones — you're never going to, anyway."Chris Martin.

+The White Stripes+The Strokes+The Libertines+

+MARAT SAFIN+rameez junaid+andy murray +vince spadea +diego hartfield +pti pote gustavo+willy cañas +Simone Bolelli+Jérémy ChardyOTHER ADDICTIONS:Liverpool F.C+Atletico Madrid+Arsenal F.C+Olympique Lyonnais+La Roja+
NaDALiTa is offline  
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Jonathan!

Tomorrow doubles with Feli vs Coetzee/Wassen and then on to the singles! Del Potro or ToJo. Let's see how he gets the grass season going.
The 2nd rd doubles would be vs Clement/Llodra ... haha, on grass anything is possible.
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaDALiTa View Post
This Rafa boy is totally crazy,he just won a Grand Slam on clay, and he goes to London and has 2 days to adapt his game,it's impossible,he should take a week to rest and start step by step to play on grass.Rafa smoke some fresh grass....and take a breath
He is absoluely insane and fucking crazy, and thats why we love him

But hey, he did it last year, why not again this year?

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,436
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Well, playing Queens worked out well for Rafa last year. He made it to the Wimby final when nobody gave him half a chance to do so.

With apologies to Rafa the King of Clay, Queens is Andy's house, so back off, beetches!

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline  
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Im hoping for a Rafa-Andy final, Tangy

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Anyone see del Potro play today? Scary stuff.

I don't really care about Queens.

Quote:
With apologies to Rafa the King of Clay, Queens is Andy's house, so back off, beetches
The BBC commentators were going on and on about Andy's horror draw against Stepanek
l_mac is offline  
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered User
 
flavia_am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,259
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaDALiTa View Post
This Rafa boy is totally crazy,he just won a Grand Slam on clay, and he goes to London and has 2 days to adapt his game,it's impossible,he should take a week to rest and start step by step to play on grass.Rafa smoke some fresh grass....and take a breath
Yes Meli, you are completely right.

Rafa should have a rest after a GS like Roland Garros is

I wish the results will be good but could be better if our boy take a breath of that green fresh grass.

"Marat este cel mai bun şi mai frumos şi mai nebunatic tenismen din lume. Nici măcar Federer nu poate să-l bată! De aceea Marat este numărul unu mondial şi ȋn inimile noastre!!!" Aleka


¡¡¡¡Patatum!!!!
Julio
flavia_am is offline  
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,171
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Well, playing Queens worked out well for Rafa last year. He made it to the Wimby final when nobody gave him half a chance to do so.

With apologies to Rafa the King of Clay, Queens is Andy's house, so back off, beetches!
LOL Tangy, I doubt Rafa will be a threat to Andy in Queens.

But he needs to play, he needs some practice and defend all those points from last year if he wants to become No 1, Fed's losing some skipping Halle.
And physically RG went quite easily this year, much easier than last year.
MariaV is offline  
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
And physically RG went quite easily this year, much easier than last year.
But he's looked a lot more tired this year. He looked shattered all week in Hamburg, and even at RG, he just looked totally spent after the final.

He could take a week off and play Nottingham, I'm pretty sure a WC wouldn't be a problem. It looks like he'll play Queens though
adee-gee is offline  
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,775
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
But he's looked a lot more tired this year. He looked shattered all week in Hamburg, and even at RG, he just looked totally spent after the final.

He could take a week off and play Nottingham, I'm pretty sure a WC wouldn't be a problem. It looks like he'll play Queens though
Nottingham gives 50 less points, and plus, he'll have a week off before Wimbly, and he'll already be in London to practice with the guys that are there

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Registered User
 
MariaV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42,171
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Yeah, I don't see a huge problem playing in Queens. He obviously liked it there last year and he'll have a week off before Wimbledon as Jonathan said.

And Adam, Fed was much more tired than Rafa after the final.
MariaV is offline  
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,189
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

They just showed him practising on BBC2 and he looked bad tempered and tired.

And lovely.
l_mac is offline  
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Rafa is the King of Queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Nottingham gives 50 less points, and plus, he'll have a week off before Wimbly, and he'll already be in London to practice with the guys that are there
He'll have almost 2 weeks off when he loses to JMDP
adee-gee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome