Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rafael Nadal beats fellow Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez

1K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Rezandinah 
#1 ·
Rafael is victorious again :mad: and is one step closer to the title..

He beat Guillermo 6-1 6-4 :crying2: :sad:

Great effort in the second set Guillermo :worship:

Well done Rafael :yeah:

#5 ·
I've just checked his results and it's pretty amazing he's only lost 1 set against them :eek: It's true he's yet to meet the likes of Moya, Robredo and Lopez, but I think he would still win anyways ;)

Code:
W Fernando Verdasco ........ 6-2 6-4
W Alex Calatrava ........... 6-3 6-3
W Alberto Martin ........... 6-0 [b]6-7[/b] 6-1
W Alex Calatrava ........... 6-4 6-4
W Santiago Ventura ......... 7-6 6-2
W Albert Montañes .......... 6-1 6-0
W Fernando Verdasco ........ 6-2 6-2
W David Ferrer ............. 6-4 6-3
W Juan Carlos Ferrero ...... 6-2 6-1
W Guillermo Garcia Lopez ... 6-1 6-4

#9 ·
RonE said:
He is on a roll.... let's see if he can keep this up.
yeah that biy's on FIRE! hope he can keep going like that :worship:

#10 ·
Nacho said:
I've just checked his results and it's pretty amazing he's only lost 1 set against them :eek: It's true he's yet to meet the likes of Moya, Robredo and Lopez, but I think he would still win anyways ;)

Code:
W Fernando Verdasco ........ 6-2 6-4
W Alex Calatrava ........... 6-3 6-3
W Alberto Martin ........... 6-0 [b]6-7[/b] 6-1
W Alex Calatrava ........... 6-4 6-4
W Santiago Ventura ......... 7-6 6-2
W Albert Montañes .......... 6-1 6-0
W Fernando Verdasco ........ 6-2 6-2
W David Ferrer ............. 6-4 6-3
W Juan Carlos Ferrero ...... 6-2 6-1
W Guillermo Garcia Lopez ... 6-1 6-4
That loss of Albert is so saddening. You should not have reminded me :(

And these are all excellent results, but it's funny that he lost a set to Martín of all Spaniards.

#12 ·
CooCooCachoo said:
And these are all excellent results, but it's funny that he lost a set to Martín of all Spaniards.
What is funnier is that the only Spaniard who has not lost to Nadal yet is Alex Corretja with two wins over the prodigy on clay and hard in 2003! :worship:

Of course, I highly doubt that Corretja could beat him again, but it's an interesting stat considering Rafa beat both Costa and Moya in 2003. :D

Feli also hasn't lost to Rafa (yet), but he barely eked out a win against the boy in 2003 on indoor carpet! Feli's time will come if they play on clay. ;)

#14 ·
Deivid23 said:
I think Feliciano would win Nadal on clay in straight sets.
Why?

#18 ·
This is a rough translation from an audio interview with Nadal that I ripped from vamosrafael.com (the person who did it has done things like this before, and is unlikely to make up a fake comment :p) :

" At the second set i wasn't trying to win with an exaggerate score because i considered it was the appropriate moment to prove some shots, new things, and my intention wasn't to win easily, although that doesn't mean i would had been able to do it, you know , i don't know whether i'm been a bit dumb ( laughing ) but my intention was to prove things, and in some moment i felt a bit uncomfortable, but the most important is that with my serve i haven't suffered in any moment in that second set and this fact gave me traquillity to continue to prove things and to win the match with tranquillity "

Hee. Somehow I doubt he was using the equivalent of "tranquility", but as long as the general meaning comes across that's what counts ;)

#19 ·
Is that the long version of this from the tournament site?

"I played well, my legs felt better today. I thought the first set was actually harder than the second but I feel good because I never had any problems when I was serving." Nadal said.

Forgot about the Spanish Nationals 2003...OK, so Feli is 2-0 over Rafa, sort of. ;)

#21 ·
Nadal :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.