MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Change of banning rules debate
View Single Post
post #68 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

Re: Change of banning rules debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
The thing that offend me do not offend the moderating staff so I guess the moderating staff does decide what is offensive.
Can you name examples, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I have no problem with strict moderation, but this board is not strictly moderated. I mean for god's sake a moderator was running the ACC. There are myriad threads made up just to bash players. Posters constantly say rude things to each other. Obscenities are commonplace.

So, sometimes the moderators crack down and sometimes they don't. Then you are told that you should report offensive posts, but in private, moderators complain about posters who report and don't want to encourage reporting. It's a conundrum.

And in support of Lee about Aspergers -- it isn't just that a person might have the syndrome, but that someone's brother or child or aunt or best friend might suffer and it hurts a bit.
I agree the forum moderation is too lenient at times and I think it comes from the moderators often fearing the backlash unfortunately. As whenever the moderators crack down, then it's a dictatorship all of a sudden, no freedom of speech etc. That all leads to the forum being in the state that it is in, basically the reason behind it is the opposite of what many say the reason is. Wholesale changes are needed and most of what you say has no place on mtf.

I don't think the part about moderators complaining about posters who report is true, at least not in the way that would result in the moderator not taking action over a reported post. So reporting of posts remains more than welcome.

See, that's the problem. People being keyboard warriors and completely ignoring the fact that their words are read and reacted to by people just like them. In general the internet is becoming a degenerated beast. Just look at all the crap that is put out there on social media like twitter or read the comments on news websites. Absolutely disgusting.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome