Peter establishes a new career high, but still outside top 100
Milos makes the final of an ATP event
Canada qualifies for the World Group of Davis Cup
Rotaru breaks the top 1000.
Vasek has a positive record in challenger events.
Milos cracks the Top 100, and floats around the bottom of there, unless he gets a nice Grass Season draw, then he could go up to somewhere around 75 or higher in the world.
Peter cracks the top 200 for sure, won't go over 150
Frank, cracks the top 150, sits around 120 at season's end.
Philip, gets into the challengers circuit, probably floats around 200 in the world
Vasek, I'll say that he can break into the top 200, he has the same potential as Polansky in my opinion.
I agree Rotaru should be able to get into the Top 1000, and Chvojka might get top 300
Peliwo should pick up 1 or 2 points in the Futures
Nguyen maybe 1 or 2
Krainik should get to around 10-15 points
Ochotta 1 or 2
Zach White and Haessig might be able to pick up some points, but they're playing College
1. Davis Cup - Canada will not make it back to the World Group. We'll lose in the playoff.
2. Frank - Will make a nice run at a 250 tournament like Johannesburg. Some solid results will follow, but nothing spectacular. There will be more injuries. He will qualify for a GS, but draw a high seed. Finishes the year at 125.
3. Peter - Will win his first challenger and qualify again for the French Open. However, inconsistent play will continue and he will finish ranked 175.
4. Nestor - New partnership with Mirnyi won't work out... until around July. Then they will take Wimbledon. He will finish the year ranked number 3 in doubles.
5. Milos - Continues to break out. He will finish 82 in the world. He will qualify for the AO and Wimbledon, and win his first GS match in England. At some point, he'll get his wish and play Federer. Will have some nice results on the US hardcourt circuit, but will still have to qualify for the US Open. He will be upset. After, will come back and have another solid indoor season. Will qualify for the MD of the 2012 Aussie Open.
As for Vasek and Phil and Pierre-Ludovic, I have no strong opinions. It could go either way.
Last edited by ibreak4coffee; 01-02-2011 at 02:23 AM.
milos will break the top 100, and stay there for the rest of the season.
peter should finish at around 140-150 with strong challenger results.
frank: really not sure because of his injuries. if he's healthy, i think he'd finish around 100-120.
vasek and bester should take on challengers and do quite well.
chvojka: he could finish top 300 but i don't know if he's going to play a full calendar year...
diez: he'll continue improving steadily, with big futures results and some challengers.
duclos: i think he's unfortunately going down
klingemann: he should get a few good futures results
pavel: hope he gets 10 points or more.
I also hope a few juniors earn 1 or 2 atp points, espeacially peliwo and nguyen.
1. Davis Cup - Canada will make it back to the World Group.
2. Frank - Will finish top 80-100
3. Milos - Continues to break out. He will finish 80-100
3. Peter - Will finish 150-200
4. Nestor - New partnership with Mirnyi will not work. Will change partner before end of the year.
5. Bester - Will finish 180-200
*** Possible dream prediction!***
Davis cup Make to World Group
Frank breaks top 50-75 (if injuries free)
Milos breaks top 50-75 (if pressures doesn't get to him and injuries free)
Peter top 100-125 (if starts to belive in himself and injuries free)
Bester top 150-175 (if injuries free)
Milos with the first points of 2011. At this time last year he wasn't even winning futures against guys outside the top 500. Incredible what confidence and talent can do for you. Now if only Peter can get on the same boat.