Canadian players - Page 241 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3601 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Canadian players

well as i just realized ollie rochus wont be 100% if he even shows up at all so..that will help for sure

whoever gets throug between dodig and dimitrov though is the favorite in the quarter final no matter who it is. Dodig is really tough and dimitrov has been on fire so i unfortunately dont see peter getting past either one of them. But if he did beat one of them i'd like his chances more with dodig then dimitrov

i want to make it clear im not saying the fact that ollie rochus could be tired isnt the only way peter could beat ollie. I actually have no idea how peter would do against him im just saying the fact that he'll be tired will help him out
misty1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3602 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
well as i just realized ollie rochus wont be 100% if he even shows up at all so..that will help for sure

whoever gets throug between dodig and dimitrov though is the favorite in the quarter final no matter who it is. Dodig is really tough and dimitrov has been on fire so i unfortunately dont see peter getting past either one of them. But if he did beat one of them i'd like his chances more with dodig then dimitrov

i want to make it clear im not saying the fact that ollie rochus could be tired isnt the only way peter could beat ollie. I actually have no idea how peter would do against him im just saying the fact that he'll be tired will help him out
I understand, don't worry.. And yeah, it is a tough draw, but all he can do is try his best. Hopefully he won't have such a tough draw in the next tournament.

BTW, do you know which tournaments the other Canadians will play in the upcoming weeks?

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #3603 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Canadian players

bester is in action in a futures in france next week

and then a ton of canadians are in the canadian futures event

aside from that i dont know
misty1 is offline  
 
post #3604 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,542
                     
Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
well as i just realized ollie rochus wont be 100% if he even shows up at all so..that will help for sure

whoever gets throug between dodig and dimitrov though is the favorite in the quarter final no matter who it is. Dodig is really tough and dimitrov has been on fire so i unfortunately dont see peter getting past either one of them. But if he did beat one of them i'd like his chances more with dodig then dimitrov

i want to make it clear im not saying the fact that ollie rochus could be tired isnt the only way peter could beat ollie. I actually have no idea how peter would do against him im just saying the fact that he'll be tired will help him out
I agree, if Peter makes the quarters he is the underdog either way.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #3605 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,542
                     
Re: Canadian players

There will be 5 Canadian qualifiers, with the potential of all 8 qualifiers being Canadian. Of the Canada-NonCanada matchups, I really like Bedard's chances and don't like Garcia's. The other one, to me is a toss up, I don't know the American player at all and have barely heard of the Canadian.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #3606 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 47
                     
Re: Canadian players

So another great day at Davis Cup. And I must say how considerate Peter and Frank are for keeping it short and sweet! (since I did have things to do today *glances at assignments*). I wasn't sure what to expect today, in terms of effort put forth since the result from today had no impact overall (at least for Canada), but I was pleasantly surprised! They obliterated their opponents! Ah so nice to watch.

I was also glad to see Frank play! On the schedule they had Milos, but I suppose since Frank is playing the Futures he wanted to get some match practice in. Although it was more of a warmup that lasted 38 minutes lol

So funny moment of the day was from Frank. For those who didn't see, he was retrieving a ball out wide, took a swing, and the ball blasted right into the tournament sign on the net, and the net guy jumped and cowered in his chair. Frank, laughing, said "hey, wake up!" or something like that. That was a good chuckle.

So Peter's on a flight to Bangkok tonight (talk about jetlag, yeesh!) and what a nice supportive family he has, wearing shirts with his picture on it haha I hope he does well, even though I've been hearing about the tough draw, and if he does play Grigor NOOOOOO! haha I won't know who to cheer for. Probably Peter, but Grigor is awesome too

And I'm glad more people showed up than I expected. That's right Canada, support your players!
acheng is offline  
post #3607 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 31
Posts: 1,455
                     
Re: Canadian players

Anyone have any clue what happened to Peliwo? Did he get injured in that match and couldn't compete in the next?
Still wondering why he wasn't one of the one's given a wildcard into the main draw?

Di Feo is looking really good to make the draw as a 15 year old. Wonder who are going to get the wildcards?
Emeraldhands is offline  
post #3608 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 408
                     
Re: Canadian players

I think the WCs are going to dancevic, haessig, krainik, and maybe peliwo (since he had the walkover)
shotmaker93 is offline  
post #3609 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 26
Posts: 2,177
                     
Re: Canadian players

Apparently Matuszewski is doing a lot better than I originally thought in qualifying. I hit with him at some school tournament, but maybe he's improved a lot since.
GasquetGulbis is offline  
post #3610 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
So another great day at Davis Cup. And I must say how considerate Peter and Frank are for keeping it short and sweet! (since I did have things to do today *glances at assignments*). I wasn't sure what to expect today, in terms of effort put forth since the result from today had no impact overall (at least for Canada), but I was pleasantly surprised! They obliterated their opponents! Ah so nice to watch.

I was also glad to see Frank play! On the schedule they had Milos, but I suppose since Frank is playing the Futures he wanted to get some match practice in. Although it was more of a warmup that lasted 38 minutes lol

So funny moment of the day was from Frank. For those who didn't see, he was retrieving a ball out wide, took a swing, and the ball blasted right into the tournament sign on the net, and the net guy jumped and cowered in his chair. Frank, laughing, said "hey, wake up!" or something like that. That was a good chuckle.

So Peter's on a flight to Bangkok tonight (talk about jetlag, yeesh!) and what a nice supportive family he has, wearing shirts with his picture on it haha I hope he does well, even though I've been hearing about the tough draw, and if he does play Grigor NOOOOOO! haha I won't know who to cheer for. Probably Peter, but Grigor is awesome too

And I'm glad more people showed up than I expected. That's right Canada, support your players!
Thanks for the match report! I saw both matches and I just have to brag about Frank. He was on fire last night. Like I said, his opponent.. Not the best in the world! lol.. But he should be moving up the rankings pretty fast if he continues to play like he did yesterday. He should have made the USO draw, and he would have, but unfortunately he had to face Kei Nishikori!

Anyway.. Glad to see Frank is on his way back to his old form. I know it can't be easy coming back from a serious injury. You have to start from scratch again.. But I saw some good signs from Frank's match yesterday, so that's good

Peter does have an awful draw, but well, like I said.. All he can do is try his best and hope that he'll get a better draw in the next tournament.

And yeah, I saw more people showed up yesterday, it was nice to see Canadians come up to support their team.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #3611 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 408
                     
Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
Apparently Matuszewski is doing a lot better than I originally thought in qualifying. I hit with him at some school tournament, but maybe he's improved a lot since.
matuszewski really had an easy draw so far. in the first round he played gauthier, who really isn't futures material at all, and then he played some american guy that is in his late 40's (like 48 years old).
except for him, I really think we can have 7 canadian qualifiers into the draw (although it'll be very tough for w. garcia).
shotmaker93 is offline  
post #3612 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Canadian players

Where and when is the Canadian future tournament?

Does anyone know who'll play, and who will be in the qualifying draw? Is the draw out yet?

And what about Frank.. Is he playing futures? Is he going to play the Canadian one?

Would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this. TIA.

ETA: I saw Bester lost the final in Spain.. Still, he took one set off the winner, and it wasn't a bad result at all. He should get a lot of points by getting to the final anyway

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.

Last edited by FormerRafaFan; 09-20-2010 at 01:31 PM.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #3613 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 47
                     
Re: Canadian players

The ATP site is behind, the drawsheet isn't out yet even though they have the OPP for today, which is here:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/2090/op.pdf

It's called the Tevlin Futures and is being held at the same place where they played Davis Cup (Rexall Center). I saw people playing qualifying matches yesterday. I must say when it's just you and your opponent going at it without any fan support - so quiet, no cheering - it's kinda disheartening. During the Davis Cup matches yesterday I could hear in the background some qualifers screaming in frustration. It's tough trying to improve your ranking and get into these tournaments.

Anywho, I think I heard Frank mention he was going to be playing this one. There's no other futures tournament going on at the same time, although there is another the following week.

Does anybody know if there is admission prices to these Futures event? Or can you just go and watch for free? If so, I might go watch on the weekend (hope he makes the final!)
acheng is offline  
post #3614 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
The ATP site is behind, the drawsheet isn't out yet even though they have the OPP for today, which is here:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/2090/op.pdf

It's called the Tevlin Futures and is being held at the same place where they played Davis Cup (Rexall Center). I saw people playing qualifying matches yesterday. I must say when it's just you and your opponent going at it without any fan support - so quiet, no cheering - it's kinda disheartening. During the Davis Cup matches yesterday I could hear in the background some qualifers screaming in frustration. It's tough trying to improve your ranking and get into these tournaments.

Anywho, I think I heard Frank mention he was going to be playing this one. There's no other futures tournament going on at the same time, although there is another the following week.

Does anybody know if there is admission prices to these Futures event? Or can you just go and watch for free? If so, I might go watch on the weekend (hope he makes the final!)
Thanks for the info and the link!

I understand that it must be tough not having much support at the future tournaments.. Still, I think it's like that for everyone playing futures.. Not exactly the tournaments getting the most support..

Anyways, please give us some match reports if you do get to see some matches. That would be great

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #3615 of 5210 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Registered User
 
mayagaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 444
                     
Re: Canadian players

Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
Does anybody know if there is admission prices to these Futures event? Or can you just go and watch for free? If so, I might go watch on the weekend (hope he makes the final!)
Admission to the tournament is free. I'm hoping to make it to some of the matches and if I do, I'll definitely makes sure to report back.

Went to the DC matches on all three days. Good stuff from team Canada, it was good to see.
mayagaller is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome