Off Topic Chat Thread - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #346 of 362 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
I dont really think jacobs is the type of team that can dominate like stoughton, howard, martin or evein koe did. I also dont think he's as sure a bet to win as would usually be the case. I think that he's so inconsistent and that the international teams like ulsrud, edon, brewster and michel can definately compete with and beat him.
Once again, this point is simply not true, Jacobs team really hit another gear at the Brier and beat those teams who you say are better, the Brier and the TOH are the toughest national/international non-tour fields that the Canadian teams will ever play in, so to say that whoever wins the nation title isn't ready for the worlds, sorry, it's just not true, plus he's beaten Edin's team the last 3 times they have met, which were all in November and one at the Masters Cup, which is a major, which has a field even tougher than the Brier or the worlds, Jacobs has been in a major final this year also, Ulsrud, Edin and Brewster, not so much, in fact Brewster ever since he added Murdoch has been worse this season, Ulsrud's team just aren't as good as they used to be, Michel might do well it's hard to say, he's an unknown wildcard, the Chinese team just won Grande Praire so they could do well too, Edin I think will be the main challenge, he just won Victoria, which is the unnofficial 5th major, at least it was this year with it's very strong field and it's always played on arena ice, but maybe he peaked too early.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 03-30-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Transcender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #347 of 362 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Once again, this point is simply not true, Jacobs team really hit another gear at the Brier and beat those teams who you say are better, the Brier and the TOH are the toughest national/international non-tour fields that the Canadian teams will ever play in, so to say that whoever wins the nation title isn't ready for the worlds, sorry, it's just not true, plus he's beaten Edin's team the last 3 times they have met, which were all in November and one at the Masters Cup, which is a major, which has a field even tougher than the Brier or the worlds, Jacobs has been in a major final this year also, Ulsrud, Edin and Brewster, not so much, in fact Brewster ever since he added Murdoch has been worse this season, Ulsrud's team just aren't as good as they used to be, Michel might do well it's hard to say, he's an unknown wildcard, the Chinese team just won Grande Praire so they could do well too, Edin I think will be the main challenge, he just won Victoria, which is the unnofficial 5th major, at least it was this year with it's very strong field and it's always played on arena ice, but maybe he peaked too early.
Im not taking away from what they did at the brier. All im saying is that i dont think they are the kind of team that dominate a round robin like those other teams might

if you can go back and find me where i said they were not ready for this then go ahead, i look forward to that.

I really wish you;d stop trying to justify your oppinions for what you think will happen at the worlds on the cash tour. Did that work out for you with the womens worlds, did it?
misty1 is offline  
post #348 of 362 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

When does it start?

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #349 of 362 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
When does it start?
it starts today

whyere do you live? because it starts at 2:00 B.C time which is 4:00 for me in winnipeg.
misty1 is offline  
post #350 of 362 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
it starts today

whyere do you live? because it starts at 2:00 B.C time which is 4:00 for me in winnipeg.
Oh yeah, I live in Ontario.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #351 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Registered User
 
justafanYYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,866
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Jacobs about to go 3-0. He hasn't played great but all the other European teams are playing terrible.

China might be the 2nd best team out there right now, they beat Sweden earlier today.

Tennis Tipping Ranking
Singles Championships: ★ ★
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline  
post #352 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
Im not taking away from what they did at the brier. All im saying is that i dont think they are the kind of team that dominate a round robin like those other teams might

if you can go back and find me where i said they were not ready for this then go ahead, i look forward to that.

I really wish you;d stop trying to justify your oppinions for what you think will happen at the worlds on the cash tour. Did that work out for you with the womens worlds, did it?
Well what do you know, they pretty much dominated until the end of the round robin just like I thought, ever since they found their new level of understanding against Manitoba in the Brier RR game, they don't seem to play that well in the mornings for some reason though.

You said that Homan wasn't ready, I think.

You are really going to diss Homan just for that 1 probably impossible shot she missed vs. the Scots, really.


Tough road for Jacobs now, has to win 3 games to get the gold, but they did it at the Brier, so they can totally do it again here, will play better vs. Denmark knowing that they lost, weird that they quit that game down 2 with 1 end to play, Jacobs won't curl 75% again for sure, 85 at worst from now on.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 10-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Transcender is offline  
post #353 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Well what do you know, they pretty much dominated until the end of the round robin just like I thought, ever since they found their new level of understanding against Manitoba in the Brier RR game, they don't seem to play that well in the mornings for some reason though.

You said that Homan wasn't ready, I think.

You are really going to diss Homan just for that 1 probably impossible shot she missed vs. the Scots, really.

Was at the Norway game.

Tough road for Jacobs now, has to win 3 games to get the gold, but they did it at the Brier, so they can totally do it again here, will play better vs. Denmark knowing that they lost, weird that they quit that game down 2 with 1 end to play, Jacobs won't curl 75% again for sure, 85 at worst from now on.
You are so wrong its not even funny. I have proven myself to know more than you about this sport time and again and yet you insist on carrying on.I got to say the best part of your post is at the end where you state that its weird that canada quit the game down 2 with one end to go when they didnt. They played the 10th end and denmark ran them out of rocks. You clearly didnt even see the game

I said that rachel could win the worlds but i did not think she would. I said that she was not head and shoulders above evryone else and i was right. She got bronze, she did well though. Whether you want to admit it or not experience counts for something and rachel is not the type of team that could have walked in and won on her first try.

I also said that the jacobs rink would not be able to dominate the field and finish something like 10-1..and i was right. They finished 7-4 and are lucky to have avoided a tiebreaker since switzerland beat the czech republic

You can carry on if you want but as i've been right at every turn and the proof speaks for itself. Go ahead and continue this but your just making yourself look bad not only because your wrong but because your trying to come after me for making statements and saying things i never did.
misty1 is offline  
post #354 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

now do i think jacobs can win? absolutely. but its going to be hard

Im actually done coming on here so if you argue it'll be with yourself. My interest in tennis is kind of gone and id rather not come on here only for the sake of arguing with you again.

Last edited by misty1; 04-06-2013 at 04:33 PM.
misty1 is offline  
post #355 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Age: 24
Posts: 2
 
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread



A fan project for Milos Raonic!!!

Marilena is offline  
post #356 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
You are so wrong its not even funny. I have proven myself to know more than you about this sport time and again and yet you insist on carrying on.I got to say the best part of your post is at the end where you state that its weird that canada quit the game down 2 with one end to go when they didnt. They played the 10th end and denmark ran them out of rocks. You clearly didnt even see the game

I said that rachel could win the worlds but i did not think she would. I said that she was not head and shoulders above evryone else and i was right. She got bronze, she did well though. Whether you want to admit it or not experience counts for something and rachel is not the type of team that could have walked in and won on her first try.

I also said that the jacobs rink would not be able to dominate the field and finish something like 10-1..and i was right. They finished 7-4 and are lucky to have avoided a tiebreaker since switzerland beat the czech republic

You can carry on if you want but as i've been right at every turn and the proof speaks for itself. Go ahead and continue this but your just making yourself look bad not only because your wrong but because your trying to come after me for making statements and saying things i never did.
Oh wow, really, that's all you have to say, all you can do is put me down and not even have an argument because there isn't one, alright, if you want to go that way.


Right, well you said that they weren't the best team going in, when they clearly were going by the rankings, hats off to the Scots on their lucky win though, they are better for right now, would have been great if they won 1st time, but was maybe too much to expect, but mark my words, Homan will be in either the Olympics or the WC's next year and will have her revenge, (will probably be trying for the Olympics 1st obviously) where hopefully the ice will be better, Riga will go down as one of the worst WC's ever, should have never had it there.

Jacobs did dominate most games, their worst games were the early morning ones like I said, they played pretty well vs. Denmark, played worse vs. Sweden, still 80% though, played much better today, Fry is back to his old self, the team is back to the one who won the Bier, so I expect them to do better vs. Sweden today, even if they don't win the game, I expect them to curl quite well, if they are at there top level though, Sweden won't be able to beat them.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 10-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Transcender is offline  
post #357 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread



Anyway, I hope that Jacobs can win today.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #358 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Team Jacobs/Canada lost today, sad, they played so well vs. Scotland yesterday but Jacobs did not bring his A game today for some reason, thought he would, must have been the pressure finally getting to him, oh well, here's hoping they qualify for Sochi, I still think they are the best team we have right now, even if the rankings say otherwise.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #359 of 362 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,910
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Apparently there's a big curling tournament on in Toronto this week.
http://www.mattamyathleticcentre.ca/...s-championship

all you big curling fans are so jealous, no?

Apparently that hot skip from Norway is here. Gotta keep my eyes open.

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #360 of 362 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

RIP Cory. You were loved by so many people. You will be deeply missed.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome