Off Topic Chat Thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 15,977
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I think Reimer is still injured, he can't be this bad.
The sample size used to determine whether he is a bona fide number one goalie in the NHL was small last season, and many of those games came at the end of the season when many teams weren't playing for much.

He's certainly better than what he's showing right now, but he also gets cut far more slack because he's a small town boy from Manitoba and not from Sweden.
ibreak4coffee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,677
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
The sample size used to determine whether he is a bona fide number one goalie in the NHL was small last season, and many of those games came at the end of the season when many teams weren't playing for much.

He's certainly better than what he's showing right now, but he also gets cut far more slack because he's a small town boy from Manitoba and not from Sweden.
The contract the Leafs gave him this summer looks a bit silly now though.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #138 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:27 AM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Lee you're in Scottsdale, right? I had some good meals there and did enjoy some shopping - but overall Phoenix just wasn't for me - or my parents. I think they'll miss a $700 mortgage for 1800 SQ house though
Yup. scottsdale has some really nice places to eat. What turns you and your parent off?
Lee is offline  
 
post #139 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 15,977
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Yup. scottsdale has some really nice places to eat. What turns you and your parent off?
Sheriff Joe and his disciples...
ibreak4coffee is offline  
post #140 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:51 AM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Sheriff Joe and his disciples...
Oh Yeah! I become a citizen so I can vote against him next year. But unfortunately, it may not happen. (him losing) But there are more and more dirts coming up. Unfortunately, tax players are paying for all those lawsuits vs him
Lee is offline  
post #141 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

im really looking forward to these next couple of weeks when curling's season will really kick in with the serious stuff

would love to see some new blood break through

namely would love to see john epping rep ontario, brock virtue rep alberta and brett gallant rep prince edward island

would be nice to see some new face for manitoba too..but im not a fan of team mcewen

as for the scotties id actually rather marie-france didnt win quebec since her substitute team this season is awful. Hopefully someone stop jones from getting out of manitoba and hopefully kelley law finally gets out of BC again instead of dominating and making the final only to lose badly to kelly scott

im conflicted about colleen jones. id love to see her make another scotties appearance but im not sure how she'd do

Last edited by misty1; 01-07-2012 at 07:43 PM.
misty1 is offline  
post #142 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,677
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
im really looking forward to these next couple of weeks when curling's season will really kick in with the serious stuff

would love to see some new blood break through

namely would love to see john epping rep ontario, brock virtue rep alberta and brett gallant rep prince edward island

would be nice to see some new face for manitoba too..but im not a fan of team mcewen

as for the scotties id actually rather marie-france didnt win quebec since her substitute team this season is awful. Hopefully someone stop jones from getting out of manitoba and hopefully kelley law finally gets out of BC again instead of dominating and making the final only to lose badly to kelly scott

im conflicted about colleen jones. id love to see her make another scotties appearance but im not sure how she'd do
I wish Eve Muirhead was Canadian so we could see her on TV more often.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #143 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21,124
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

I wish we could get some new faces in the Brier and the Scotties too, tired of seeing Howard, and Martin, and Stoughton.

I'm not expecting much from Gushue this year either now that Nichols isn't playing

3-6 6-4 7-6(4)
Denis

Welcome Your Newest Top 100 Member

Shapovalov

Proud Canadian
3-6 6-4 7-6(4)
156mphserve is offline  
post #144 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 15,977
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Am I the only one who hates curling here?
ibreak4coffee is offline  
post #145 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I wish we could get some new faces in the Brier and the Scotties too, tired of seeing Howard, and Martin, and Stoughton.

I'm not expecting much from Gushue this year either now that Nichols isn't playing
i think brad has picked up a good, strong young front end in charlie walker and adam casey, both are former canadian junior champs. But ryan fry is so emotional he isnt as strong of a 3rd as mark so your right he might find it harder to make the playoffs but i still think he'll be there in the end.

i just wish he'd stop changing up his team, i dont think he's stuck with a permanent line up since 2007, every year someone new comes on.
misty1 is offline  
post #146 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Am I the only one who hates curling here?
no, i am sure your not
misty1 is offline  
post #147 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,677
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Am I the only one who hates curling here?
Probably not, but we do fit into the Canadian stereotype pretty well. By the way, our favorite Canadian poster sokk will be on a one month vacation starting today. Hopefully Canadian tennis does well while she is on that vacation.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #148 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

she got a ban?
misty1 is offline  
post #149 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,677
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
she got a ban?
Mmhmm

It's in the banned users announcement, but not for anything she wrote in the Canadian tennis section. Bans are always too bad.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #150 of 362 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

thats too bad
misty1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome