Davis Cup - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

 2Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #556 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,820
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancy_fan View Post
Good news David Ferrer confirmed that he will sit out the Feb 1-3 World Group visit to Canada
That's old news.

TT stats site: mtftt.info
Transcender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #557 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Registered User
 
RogerExpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 753
                     
Re: Davis Cup

The rumour is Almagro, Bautista, Granollers and Marc Lopez would be spanish team. Any news on canadian? Maybe Raonic, Levine, Dancevic and Nestor?
RogerExpress is offline  
post #558 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,820
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerExpress View Post
The rumour is Almagro, Bautista, Granollers and Marc Lopez would be spanish team. Any news on canadian? Maybe Raonic, Levine, Dancevic and Nestor?
What about Verdasco and Feli Lopez?

Levine can't play this time.

TT stats site: mtftt.info
Transcender is offline  
post #559 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,068
                     
Re: Davis Cup

What a bummer that Vasek is out & Levine unavailable for this tie ... otherwise we've actually got a great shot with only Almagro as a "real" top-40 singles player - (neither Granollers nor Feli are in good singles form right now). And Vasek & Levine would have probably been our best options for doubles (not wanting to have either Frank or Milos have to play 3 best-of-5's in a row). As it is, think we should go with:

Fri
Milos vs. Spain #2
whoever (probably polansky) vs. Almagro (so Dancy's go something left in the tank for maybe crucial 5th match) - throwaway or more politely nothing-to-lose match

Sat
Frank & Nestor for doubles

Sun
Milos vs. Almagro
Frank vs. Spain #2

And we still have a shot.
sdmartin is offline  
post #560 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Registered User
 
RogerExpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 753
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Verdasco wouldn't play, and seems Bautista is ahead of Feliciano in the consideration

Clearly Canada will need doubles and 2 Milos Singles to win, is hard but not impossible
RogerExpress is offline  
post #561 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,820
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerExpress View Post
Verdasco wouldn't play, and seems Bautista is ahead of Feliciano in the consideration

Clearly Canada will need doubles and 2 Milos Singles to win, is hard but not impossible
Almagro said before he might not play.

TT stats site: mtftt.info
Transcender is offline  
post #562 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Davis Cup

what a blow to spain. To have your 3 top players in ferrer, almagro and nadal all pull out .

the tie is now wide open basically. But even if canada actually wins it means next to nothing since, yeah they beat spain but none of spains top guys will have been participating
misty1 is offline  
post #563 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,302
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Vasek and Levine are no go's, who is you team?

Milos, Frank and Nestor obviously.

Is Frank or Peter a better doubles player than Shamasdin? I doubt it, Frank will be playing 2 singles, I wouldn't want to tire him out playing doubles but the doubles will be important, why not play Nestor/Shamasdin?

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline  
post #564 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Davis Cup

i mean, i might be alone here but i am severly disappointed. what could have been a very exciting tie is now looking lack lustre. Canada will not be sending its best team and spain will be sending its c level team
misty1 is offline  
post #565 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 AM
Registered User
 
MaratandMilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,429
                     
Re: Davis Cup

I thought Canada was past the point of having to play that choker Dancevic in Davis Cup ties. That's probably the most disappointing part of all of this. I hope at least somebody good from Spain shows up so Milos can at least be challenged in that environment.
MaratandMilos is offline  
post #566 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,820
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
what a blow to spain. To have your 3 top players in ferrer, almagro and nadal all pull out .

the tie is now wide open basically. But even if canada actually wins it means next to nothing since, yeah they beat spain but none of spains top guys will have been participating
It means more than that, last I checked having an easier adversary is what one wants.

It also means alot cause it will mean that Canada won't have to play the WG playoffs again and will stay in the WG.

TT stats site: mtftt.info
Transcender is offline  
post #567 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,820
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Vasek and Levine are no go's, who is you team?

Milos, Frank and Nestor obviously.

Is Frank or Peter a better doubles player than Shamasdin? I doubt it, Frank will be playing 2 singles, I wouldn't want to tire him out playing doubles but the doubles will be important, why not play Nestor/Shamasdin?
Well then add Shamasdin to the team too.

TT stats site: mtftt.info
Transcender is offline  
post #568 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,820
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
I thought Canada was past the point of having to play that choker Dancevic in Davis Cup ties. That's probably the most disappointing part of all of this. I hope at least somebody good from Spain shows up so Milos can at least be challenged in that environment.
I don't get comments like this, I thought we wanted Canada to win.

TT stats site: mtftt.info
Transcender is offline  
post #569 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,447
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
what a blow to spain. To have your 3 top players in ferrer, almagro and nadal all pull out .

the tie is now wide open basically. But even if canada actually wins it means next to nothing since, yeah they beat spain but none of spains top guys will have been participating
who cares? the point is to win.

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #570 of 1092 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 350
                     
Re: Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I don't get comments like this, I thought we wanted Canada to win.
Sure we want Canada to win but we'd like to have our best against theirs. All their top players have bailed.
Miss Molly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome