Vasek Pospisil - Page 92 - MensTennisForums.com

 10Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1366 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,466
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Yeah, probably won't look good.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1367 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,787
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vashy looked very good, not that VDM was doing that well, still Vashy looked much better than when he played France and just bashing the ball really hard, he's better than his ranking says, he's improved alot this year I think.

To those who made too big a deal out of the Williams loss, I know it doesn't look good to the casual eye, but Williams is a decent player obviously making it into the MD, he also has wins over Zopp, Ilhan, and Sela this year.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 09-16-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Transcender is offline  
post #1368 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Vashy looked very good, not that VDM was doing that well, still Vashy looked much better than when he played France and just bashing the ball really hard, he's better than his ranking says, he's improved alot this year I think.

To those who made too big a deal out of the Williams loss, I know it doesn't look good to the casual eye, but Williams is a decent player obviously making it into the MD, he also has wins over Zopp, Ilhan, and Sela this year.
sela isnt really a win to brag about that much anymore. He can still be tough on his day but he has alot more off days than on lately. and marsel is a shadow of the player he once was even a season ago. His game is in peices

thats not to say williams isnt a good player but im just saying that, except for zopp those wins arent ones to be proud of

i think vasek is ranked right where he should be at this point
misty1 is offline  
post #1369 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:59 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,787
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
sela isnt really a win to brag about that much anymore. He can still be tough on his day but he has alot more off days than on lately. and marsel is a shadow of the player he once was even a season ago. His game is in peices

thats not to say williams isnt a good player but im just saying that, except for zopp those wins arent ones to be proud of

i think vasek is ranked right where he should be at this point
Sela's a funny player, sometimes he can go on hot runs, then he disappears for awhile then comes back, he's a good value win though still, the US Open though alot of US players did well, Vashy has been playing better than his ranking, he's had alot of close matches with very good players lately.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #1370 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 3,713
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

What an unlucky draw

Not likely to get many more MDs this season, that's a bad break to get.
Blarghman is offline  
post #1371 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,787
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
What an unlucky draw

Not likely to get many more MDs this season, that's a bad break to get.
Yes and no, it depends how he sees the draw, I see it as a good chance, I don't see why he can't take his DC confidence and do well here, he's had alot of good close matches lately.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #1372 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

dropped the first set 7-6(7-4)
misty1 is offline  
post #1373 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,787
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

After another decent showing vs Youzhny, Vasek has been moved into the MD in Kuala Lumpur, it's amazing because so many players pulled out ahead of him.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #1374 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

if there was ever a chance for him to make a run at an event this year this would be it. It might be his last chance this year to get his ranking high enough to avoid AO qualies
misty1 is offline  
post #1375 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered User
 
mayumashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax and Bass River NS; Yao-shi, Osaka-fu
Age: 44
Posts: 407
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

I can't see it at all, him winning a round here, let alone two. If his goal is to avoid AO qualies, he should play challengers.
mayumashu is offline  
post #1376 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumashu View Post
I can't see it at all, him winning a round here, let alone two. If his goal is to avoid AO qualies, he should play challengers.
lets look at it:

R1 - Melzer - he's been shit all year minus that one week early on which , at this point looks like a freak of nature event. The surface should favor vasek too

R2 - baker/qualifier - The qualifiers are just so bad that i cant see any of them getting past the round one and if they did vasek should be able to handle whoever that is. If his opponent is baker..well he definately hasnt looked as good during this hard court season then he did on clay and grass. I think he could win that

QF - probably monaco and thats porbably where he'd end his week but you never know. He had monaco good on hard

SF - Most likely nishikori but good possibility of it being davydenko too.Outside chance of klizan. Either way i really dont see how he'd get past either of them playing well

So i think a SF is slightly possible but a QF is far more likely
misty1 is offline  
post #1377 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,466
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
lets look at it:

R1 - Melzer - he's been shit all year minus that one week early on which , at this point looks like a freak of nature event. The surface should favor vasek too

R2 - baker/qualifier - The qualifiers are just so bad that i cant see any of them getting past the round one and if they did vasek should be able to handle whoever that is. If his opponent is baker..well he definately hasnt looked as good during this hard court season then he did on clay and grass. I think he could win that

QF - probably monaco and thats porbably where he'd end his week but you never know. He had monaco good on hard

SF - Most likely nishikori but good possibility of it being davydenko too.Outside chance of klizan. Either way i really dont see how he'd get past either of them playing well

So i think a SF is slightly possible but a QF is far more likely
Wow, you are certainly positive today. I hope you are right.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #1378 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered User
 
mayumashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax and Bass River NS; Yao-shi, Osaka-fu
Age: 44
Posts: 407
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

I agree it's a favourable draw as World Tour ones go, that Melzer and Baker are in big slumps, but Vasek has simply not yet shown he is able to put together World Tour level wins back to back against any two players in the top 80 or so. Maybe his next coach will get him over this hump. Any idea who it might be?
mayumashu is offline  
post #1379 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Wow, you are certainly positive today. I hope you are right.
I try to be sometimes. I know i have been pretty hard on vasek up until this point but for me he hasnt really given me alot to get excited about.
misty1 is offline  
post #1380 of 2176 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumashu View Post
I agree it's a favourable draw as World Tour ones go, that Melzer and Baker are in big slumps, but Vasek has simply not yet shown he is able to put together World Tour level wins back to back against any two players in the top 80 or so. Maybe his next coach will get him over this hump. Any idea who it might be?
yeah, i agree with you on that. But if he's going to make it on tour these are the kinds of draws that he really needs to take advantage of. He's run alot of good players very close this year and really given good accounts of himself even if he has lost most of the time. Right now he needs to step up. Its a great oppertunity

unfortunately im not sure who his new coach will be
misty1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome