Vasek Pospisil - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com
 17Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #781 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 13,809
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

I caught the end of the first set and the early second set - certainly looked like a nervous and subpar Vasek. Glad he fought through - should be a serve fest with Ball.
ibreak4coffee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #782 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 3,730
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Doesn't seem like it was a great match for Vasek, but I do think that's the toughest match for him, on paper. Hopefully we get streams for his match with Ball.
Blarghman is offline  
post #783 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,910
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

I think Vasek needs to find a better coach. No offense to Fred, but I think he's taken Vasek as far as he (Fred) is capable.

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #784 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I think Vasek needs to find a better coach. No offense to Fred, but I think he's taken Vasek as far as he (Fred) is capable.
What gives you that idea?

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #785 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,910
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
What gives you that idea?
Well, just look at Milos and what it did for him, getting a coach like Blanco.

Niemayer with a lifetime high ranking of 134 is not going to be able to push Vasek to be more ambitious and disciplined. If Vasek gets inside 100, many in Tennis Canada will have a "happy with that" attitude. This is what keeps Canadian players stuck in mediocrity for so long.

Blanco's career high was 40; he recorded victories over Sampras, Corretja, Ferrero... he knows what it takes to play at a certain level. Blanco and Niemeyer are the same age and both played about 10 years, but look at the difference in Tour-level wins (or even matches played).

At times, Vasek looks lost out there to me -- like he doesn't have a plan. He needs to find a playing style and game plan that works for him and learn how to stick to it & call on it when under pressure, rather than just reacting to what's happening. That's the difference between a Challenger-level player and a Tour-level player.

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #786 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 131
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Niemeyer is extremely disciplined, extremely professional and they seem to complement each other very well. He knows what it takes to succeed on tour.I think what helped milos when he moved to barcelona was that he was able to train with a lot more great players.
2eazy is offline  
post #787 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 131
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
I caught the end of the first set and the early second set - certainly looked like a nervous and subpar Vasek. Glad he fought through - should be a serve fest with Ball.
Conditions were real nasty out there, the winds was swirling in different directions at around 35km. Im happy he was able to fight threw it
2eazy is offline  
post #788 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
 
scotthongkong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 55
Posts: 1,429
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek is set to beat his second Aussie in a row. Carsten Ball is a huge favourite with the Aussie girls so I imagine there will be quite a crowd out there supporting Ball. That being said Ball has no form at all to speak of and he was lucky to squeak through his first qualifying match. I am tipping Vasek to win in straight sets and wish him good luck!
scotthongkong is offline  
post #789 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Well, just look at Milos and what it did for him, getting a coach like Blanco.

Niemayer with a lifetime high ranking of 134 is not going to be able to push Vasek to be more ambitious and disciplined. If Vasek gets inside 100, many in Tennis Canada will have a "happy with that" attitude. This is what keeps Canadian players stuck in mediocrity for so long.

Blanco's career high was 40; he recorded victories over Sampras, Corretja, Ferrero... he knows what it takes to play at a certain level. Blanco and Niemeyer are the same age and both played about 10 years, but look at the difference in Tour-level wins (or even matches played).

At times, Vasek looks lost out there to me -- like he doesn't have a plan. He needs to find a playing style and game plan that works for him and learn how to stick to it & call on it when under pressure, rather than just reacting to what's happening. That's the difference between a Challenger-level player and a Tour-level player.
Coaches' playing careers generally aren't at all relevant to their effectiveness as a coach

R.I.P. Henry Chinaski
Smoke944 is offline  
post #790 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Registered User
 
tommyg6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,701
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Anyone here doubt Vasek's ooach? Freddie Niemeyer?
tommyg6 is offline  
post #791 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 3,730
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek now on the livestream, on serve early.
Blarghman is offline  
post #792 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Where are you finding the live stream?

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #793 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 3,730
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Where are you finding the live stream?
AO website:

Link
Blarghman is offline  
post #794 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Thanks Blarghman and Ravel.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #795 of 2252 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek has only lost 1 point not on a double fault on his serve so far.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome