Vasek Pospisil - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com
 6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #676 of 2138 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
Dudisela75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 918
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek
Dudisela75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #677 of 2138 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 3,682
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek

Great mental stuff to beat out Isner in a final set TB Too bad about the draw, but hopefully he at least learns something from his next match.
Blarghman is offline  
post #678 of 2138 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 29
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
Vasek

Great mental stuff to beat out Isner in a final set TB Too bad about the draw, but hopefully he at least learns something from his next match.
I have to disagree. Why does he not have a shot against Ferrer? No one here thought he had a chance against Isner. The kid can play. He's probably got a better serve than Ferrer, and should be able to hold most of his service games with his serve. Ferrer is so amazing from the baseline that he should win more of the rallies from the baseline. Still, Vasek should be able to hold most of his serves, especially if he serves like he did today. Furthermore, he should be able to threaten to break Ferrer every now and then. Don't get me wrong, Ferrer is the clear favourite. If I had to bet all the money I have, I'd bet on Ferrer. Still, an upset is very much a possibility.
And if you look ahead, a Davydenko/Mahut quarterfinal draw (Not bad at all).
peteyjones13 is offline  
post #679 of 2138 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,516
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil



did we just go from sokk to anti-sokk?

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now  
post #680 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,804
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

I think Ferrer is one of the toughest players on the tour for a youngster to overcome. He makes you earn each point in a hard-fought rally and pay the price for a little mistake or a slight mental lapse. He's scarily good at wearing down his opponents mentally and physically with all the grinding and great return. You may grab a set with brilliant serving and aggressive play, but sustaining that high level over multiple sets against him is another story. There's a reason someone says he's like litmus paper for evaluating where a boy's game is. If you watched those matches between the likes of Raonic/Dimitrov/Harrison and him, you'd know what I am talking about. Of course, I'm not saying Vasek has zero chance, as nobody is unbeatable. But I won't get my hopes up at all. I'm rather happy that he got an opportunity to face a top player like Ferrer at this stage. Let's see what he can do.

Oops, I forget Ferrer hasn't made R2 yet. Verdasco has a good H2H record over Ferrer.

foto_3110215648130.jpg foto_3110215742144.jpg foto_3110215900166.jpg foto_3110215954160.jpg

From http://www.valenciaopen500.com/index.php?p=galeria&i=3

Last edited by shuhrat; 11-01-2011 at 02:14 AM.
shuhrat is offline  
post #681 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

I am NOT a hater. Credit where credit is due.. Vasek did AMAZING to win over Isner I never thought he could do it, I am always pessimistic, but I'm glad to see that he proved me wrong

About Ferrer.. I doubt Vasek can beat him, but I think he has a bigger shot at beating him than lets say Milos. I think Vasek's game can trouble Ferrer more, with his serve and vollying, decent movement and footwork, a good serve (though not as good as Milos'), and most of all: his returning is so much better than Milos. So yeah.. I think he has a bigger shot to win against Ferrer than Milos has had, and probably will have, until he improves. I still think Ferrer will be the winner, but Vasek has a bigger shot against him then Milos, and I think Vasek can at least keep it competitive. What worries me about Vasek is his mentality. He can be so strong but also have mental lapses during matches that makes him lose the match.

I am trying to say my opinion, give constructive criticism and at the same time celebrate Vasek's win, is this better than my former posts?

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #682 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 1,405
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Damn, been gone a few weeks and Vasek is on fire. Good job and good luck in the next round, should really get close to the top 100
Emeraldhands is offline  
post #683 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 790
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
I am NOT a hater. Credit where credit is due.. Vasek did AMAZING to win over Isner I never thought he could do it, I am always pessimistic, but I'm glad to see that he proved me wrong

About Ferrer.. I doubt Vasek can beat him, but I think he has a bigger shot at beating him than lets say Milos. I think Vasek's game can trouble Ferrer more, with his serve and vollying, decent movement and footwork, a good serve (though not as good as Milos'), and most of all: his returning is so much better than Milos. So yeah.. I think he has a bigger shot to win against Ferrer than Milos has had, and probably will have, until he improves. I still think Ferrer will be the winner, but Vasek has a bigger shot against him then Milos, and I think Vasek can at least keep it competitive. What worries me about Vasek is his mentality. He can be so strong but also have mental lapses during matches that makes him lose the match.

I am trying to say my opinion, give constructive criticism and at the same time celebrate Vasek's win, is this better than my former posts?
I'd rather take a hater than someone who's as obnoxious as you are when you think you're "right". You just said a couple of days ago that people can never compare Milos with Vasek cause Milos is a special case and now you're saying Vasek has a better chance than Milos against Ferrer? What kooky logic is that?

You said so yourself that Vasek wasn't ready to be a ATP250 player and now you do a complete 180 and say that he has a better chance of winning against a top 5 player than someone who's been playing ATP tournaments for a year now and has actually won an ATP250?
Ravel is offline  
post #684 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 790
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Anyway, since this thread isn't about how hypocritical you are...

Congrats to Vasek! I didn't expect the win so it was a very nice surprise Good luck to him against Ferrer or Verdasco!
Ravel is offline  
post #685 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,804
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

To sokk) The reason that I found your posts extremely unpleasant was not your pessimistic prediction but your absurd accusing and constant gloating over his loss (like "Hahaha, I told you", "I knew it"), as if every one of the rest was boasting about his chance, or the way you were making such a big deal out of almost nothing. Last week you kind of disappeared, while he was collecting three wins to qualify for the main draw. And then at the exact moment that he dropped the 1st set to Seppi, you came rushing here to laugh at others, even though nobody expected him to win and it wasn't like he was blown off the court by any means. You wouldn't know how I felt, reading that kind of comment and watching him fighting like crazy at the same time. Seriously who cares about who was right/wrong about predicting the outcome. We're not on a betting site.

That said, I hope we drop this conversations for good and move on.
shuhrat is offline  
post #686 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravel View Post
I'd rather take a hater than someone who's as obnoxious as you are when you think you're "right". You just said a couple of days ago that people can never compare Milos with Vasek cause Milos is a special case and now you're saying Vasek has a better chance than Milos against Ferrer? What kooky logic is that?

You said so yourself that Vasek wasn't ready to be a ATP250 player and now you do a complete 180 and say that he has a better chance of winning against a top 5 player than someone who's been playing ATP tournaments for a year now and has actually won an ATP250?
It was YOU who did not read what I wrote, obviously.. I said Milos was a special case in the way he progressed.. Milos was a special case, and I still stand by what I said. I don't think Vasek will be as successful in the rankings, or progress as fast on the ATP tour as Milos did.

No.. IN GENERAL he's not better than Milos, but Ferrer is basically THE worst match up for Milos. Ferrer is the best returner on the tour, and I think Vasek has a bigger shot of beating him than Milos would have. That is all. I said NOTHING about the other players. I know Milos is better, but I think Vasek is better than Milos in some areas, like ROS and movement.. but Milos is obviously the better player of the two, the results speak for themselves. That doesn't necessarily mean that some aspects about Vasek's game is not better than Milos's. Their games are obviously entirely different, which also means their match ups will play out differently.. a bad match up for Milos is not necessarily a bad match up for Vasek and the other way around. I'm not saying Vasek is an AMAZING returner, he's not, but he is a bit better than Milos in that area, better movement too, though Milos obviously has the better serve. So yeah.. back to my point: Ferrer is a better match up for Vasek than Ferrer is for Milos.. based on Ferrer's capabilities and game, and that matched with Milos and Vasek's game. Ferrer is basically THE worst player Milos can face, but I think he is a (slightly) better match up for Vasek, since he's a bit better than Milos when it comes to ROS and movement. But I still don't exactly expect Vasek to win against Ferrer, of course not. So yeah.. I still stand by what I said.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #687 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
To sokk) The reason that I found your posts extremely unpleasant was not your pessimistic prediction but your absurd accusing and constant gloating over his loss (like "Hahaha, I told you", "I knew it"), as if every one of the rest was boasting about his chance, or the way you were making such a big deal out of almost nothing. Last week you kind of disappeared, while he was collecting three wins to qualify for the main draw. And then at the exact moment that he dropped the 1st set to Seppi, you came rushing here to laugh at others, even though nobody expected him to win and it wasn't like he was blown off the court by any means. You wouldn't know how I felt, reading that kind of comment and watching him fighting like crazy at the same time. Seriously who cares about who was right/wrong about predicting the outcome. We're not on a betting site.

That said, I hope we drop this conversations for good and move on.
I was gloating NOT because he lost, not because I was right either, but because I think some people on here have too high expectations of him, hyping him up a bit too much... like I said I think some fans here are a bit deluded with his chances and his capabilities to beat other players.. he's a bit overrated if you will. It's fine to root for him, of course, and I expect any fan of any player to root for that player and support him, however, there's a fine line between rooting for him and hyping him up to the skies. I mean.. maybe not to have so high expectations of him..

You can say or feel however you want, we all live in a free country. But it probably would be better to be a bit more realistic from time to time, and lower your expectations, not to end up disappointed.. just imo.

That said, I do apology for how I came across.. I stand by what I said, but I'll try to turn it down a notch. Also, as I have mentioned before.. I am kinda pessimistic by nature, I have been burnt by being a fan of Rafa too many times, so that's why I'd rather stay pessimistic than optimistic, that way I won't be disappointed or upset if Vasek loses. but maybe that's just me.

Oh, and about me not being here in a week.. I have been working 9-10 hours every friggin day, plus I have been sick. So yeah.. I disappear from time to time because I have a life outside of here.

The most important thing is that Vasek won I don't expect him to win against Ferrer, but I expect him, if he plays as well as he has lately, to at least keep it competitive, and to play a good match.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #688 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,516
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

how exactly is saying that playing a couple ATP qualies events instead of 1 challenger overhyping him? None of us ever said we expected him to win a main draw match.

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now  
post #689 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 29
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

its been a great week for him but he loses to ferrer tommorrow

where's he going next?
misty1 is offline  
post #690 of 2138 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,516
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

2 american Challengers

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome