Vasek Pospisil - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

 10Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #616 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,848
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil stop trying to speak czech in Russia- they don't understand you.

*****

Vasek Pospisil: After the first set today, my Russian opponent decided he was too tired to continue. I guess he had places to be and things to do.

(And I was thinking this time his joke went over the line...)

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil opponent today, Kumantsov, partied too much during the week, he wanted to go back to bed after the 1st set- crazy Russians.
The best part is that it is true. A lot of talented players in Russia. A lot of talent wasted.

*****

Frederic Niemeyer: Sharing Hotel room w/ @VasekPospisil St-Petersburg. He has so many funny habits. I want to share with the world but not sure where to start. You can definitely see that @VasekPospisil is used to have roommates on the road. Every little moves he makes is well calculated to his favor.

Vasek Pospisil: I dont consider showering a funny habit @fredniemeyer, if thats what you're referring to. You should try it sometimes, you might enjoy it : )

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil I HAVE to shower at the club because you are using our bathroom as a clothes line. IT SOOOOOOO SMELLY in there WOW!!!!

*****

Frederic Niemeyer: He takes his shower/bath with his little duck. He carries it every week. Is he really 21 years old?



anna_tennisfan: @fredniemeyer this is a mark of a true champion (& Roger's Cup winner), as evidenced here: http://yfrog.com/gzrhkcmj (CC: @VasekPospisil )

Frederic Niemeyer: I'll be nice to him before heading to bed (match AM). He sleeps in his sexy undies and shirtless-sexy body!

Vasek Pospisil: @fredniemeyer I may use a duck but at least i have a sexy body (as u said urself). Something you can only dream of at your old age.

Vasek Pospisil: Too tired to keep arguing with a 35 year old child. Ill get some pics of @fredniemeyer tmrw and put an end to this once and for all, muhahaa

*****

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil "DRINK WATER". As a coach, u have to try all the techniques to pass ur message when it doesn't work.Young generation-INTERNET!


I love banter between these two on twitter. It's like they are made for each other.
shuhrat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #617 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,497
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek drew Seppi in the first round.

As long as it wasn't Cilic I'm happy, I think I would have preferred Chardy slightly because 2nd round would have been Sela who upset Dolgopolov. But Seppi is just as good really

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline  
post #618 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 84,779
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil stop trying to speak czech in Russia- they don't understand you.

*****

Vasek Pospisil: After the first set today, my Russian opponent decided he was too tired to continue. I guess he had places to be and things to do.

(And I was thinking this time his joke went over the line...)

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil opponent today, Kumantsov, partied too much during the week, he wanted to go back to bed after the 1st set- crazy Russians.
The best part is that it is true. A lot of talented players in Russia. A lot of talent wasted.

*****

Frederic Niemeyer: Sharing Hotel room w/ @VasekPospisil St-Petersburg. He has so many funny habits. I want to share with the world but not sure where to start. You can definitely see that @VasekPospisil is used to have roommates on the road. Every little moves he makes is well calculated to his favor.

Vasek Pospisil: I dont consider showering a funny habit @fredniemeyer, if thats what you're referring to. You should try it sometimes, you might enjoy it : )

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil I HAVE to shower at the club because you are using our bathroom as a clothes line. IT SOOOOOOO SMELLY in there WOW!!!!

*****

Frederic Niemeyer: He takes his shower/bath with his little duck. He carries it every week. Is he really 21 years old?



anna_tennisfan: @fredniemeyer this is a mark of a true champion (& Roger's Cup winner), as evidenced here: http://yfrog.com/gzrhkcmj (CC: @VasekPospisil )

Frederic Niemeyer: I'll be nice to him before heading to bed (match AM). He sleeps in his sexy undies and shirtless-sexy body!

Vasek Pospisil: @fredniemeyer I may use a duck but at least i have a sexy body (as u said urself). Something you can only dream of at your old age.

Vasek Pospisil: Too tired to keep arguing with a 35 year old child. Ill get some pics of @fredniemeyer tmrw and put an end to this once and for all, muhahaa

*****

Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil "DRINK WATER". As a coach, u have to try all the techniques to pass ur message when it doesn't work.Young generation-INTERNET!


I love banter between these two on twitter. It's like they are made for each other.
Lee is offline  
post #619 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 3,722
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek Tough against Seppi, but at least it wasn't Cilic, hopefully he plays well and makes a good accounting of himself. Hopefully there'll be a stream for the match, guess it'll be Tuesday.
Blarghman is offline  
post #620 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,848
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
*Round2*

*****
Vasek Pospisil: This is what @fredniemeyer's typical day of coaching consists of. pic.twitter.com/YxPAvRiw



Frederic Niemeyer: @VasekPospisil Getting so nervous being around u now cause u are constantly examine ALL my moves hoping to get a good tweet out of it.

*****

Frederic Niemeyer: We all know @VasekPospisil's addiction to SUBWAY! Today, Vasek was the happiest man in Russia!!! pic.twitter.com/YnbYFIWo



(That down jacket can't be his, right? http://postfiles9.naver.net/20110520...an.gif?type=w2)

JamieUrdaneta: Did he ask for an autograph? You don't get to see a big subway like that everyday.

Vasek Pospisil: I was too starstruck.. forgot to ask for an autograph

Vasek Pospisil: Btw, I think @fredniemeyer is disappointed he didnt get more followers for his last tweet. "Best tweet of all time", in his words

Frederic Niemeyer: Again Subway boy! I'm not looking to add more followers but to get people's funny reaction. Get it right this time!

Stephanie Myles: I hear Subway Dude's looking for a coach, Fred, so you've always got a fallback. HUGE serve.

Vasek Pospisil: Haha! I'll gladly switch places. Fred can coach subway dude and I'll be the mascot. I'll wear the costume with pride

Stephanie Myles: Bet it smells sweet in the summer.

Frederic Niemeyer: TRUST me, the mascot's costume smells like flowers compare to V's tennis clothes after a tennis match. Here is the proof! Laundry bag stays outside the room. RULE #1 pic.twitter.com/2oxvdXqQ



*****

By the way, Court1 has livestreams.
shuhrat is offline  
post #621 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

HAH! he lost the first set, just like I knew he would..

and no.. I'm not happy he's losing.. I am a fan. But I am enjoying the slap in the face to the deluded fans who are hyping him up to the skies. He is very overrated in here. Like I said.. it's too soon for him to try to go for the MDs. He's not ready yet. He won't win any matches in the MD anyway. It's better to just focus on the challengers for now.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #622 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

lost 7-5, 7-6 to seppi

some truly awful serving from him in that first set. You arent going to win sets serving at 33% very often.

did better and served better in the 2nd but this had a nid feeling to it through the whole match
misty1 is offline  
post #623 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,848
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

- 3-4* to *4-4
- four separate BPs at 5-6*, saving a few SPs

- 3-0* to *3-3
- in the TB, 2-0* / *2-1 / *2-2, *3-4 / *3-5

He wasn't happy with some line calls and started to look a bit listless on return after losing the lead in the 2nd. All in all, I don't think he played poorly. Besides the low % of 1st serving, Vashy did what he was supposed to do and Seppi was solid enough to draw errors on important points.

Anyway, I think he needs to improve his BH (drive/top spin) more than anything else to take the next step. He uses slice BH quite often, but it's nothing but purely depensive shot. It may be helpful to stay in rallies though, to me, it's too floaty and lacks the nastiness to be a effective shot on the main tour. Oh, and he got burned by dropshot several times in the 1st, as he tends to stand a bit too far behind the baseline.
shuhrat is offline  
post #624 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
HAH! he lost the first set, just like I knew he would..

and no.. I'm not happy he's losing.. I am a fan. But I am enjoying the slap in the face to the deluded fans who are hyping him up to the skies. He is very overrated in here. Like I said.. it's too soon for him to try to go for the MDs. He's not ready yet. He won't win any matches in the MD anyway. It's better to just focus on the challengers for now.
Whaaat? He lost 75 76 to a player that has been on the ATP for 5 years. It was a good choice to try and qualify here. By the way, how did Roger Federer do in his first main draw through qualifying?

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #625 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 131
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
HAH! he lost the first set, just like I knew he would..

and no.. I'm not happy he's losing.. I am a fan. But I am enjoying the slap in the face to the deluded fans who are hyping him up to the skies. He is very overrated in here. Like I said.. it's too soon for him to try to go for the MDs. He's not ready yet. He won't win any matches in the MD anyway. It's better to just focus on the challengers for now.
your absolutely clueless, you should really stop talking you have no idea what your talking about
2eazy is offline  
post #626 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,497
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Yeah, you're making yourself look like a total Moron.

He didn't lose any point by playing qualies this week btw, as you stated before, had he chosen to play the only challenger this week it would have been on clay, he wouldn't have been seeded, so was likely to win 1 match max worth 8 points, he got 12 for qualifying here

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline  
post #627 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered User
 
Dudisela75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 946
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Good performance by Vasek, hanging in there with a guy who is ranked well above him.

Last edited by Dudisela75; 10-27-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Dudisela75 is offline  
post #628 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 3,722
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

To play close with Seppi with such poor service numbers is a decent showing, but he won't win many matches at any level serving under 50%. Still, sounds like he played fairly well despite that.

I actually quite enjoy the fact that despite nobody predicting Vasek would win, FormerRafaFan still thinks that this match proved people wrong somehow. Definitely some quality humour there
Blarghman is offline  
post #629 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 612
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

With that kind of serving % and still hang on pretty close with a top 50 player.. not exactly that bad.
I believe Vasek just has a bad serving day. He usually gets a relatively high % of 1st serve in
m9m9m9m9m9 is offline  
post #630 of 2202 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Yeah, you're making yourself look like a total Moron.

He didn't lose any point by playing qualies this week btw, as you stated before, had he chosen to play the only challenger this week it would have been on clay, he wouldn't have been seeded, so was likely to win 1 match max worth 8 points, he got 12 for qualifying here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
To play close with Seppi with such poor service numbers is a decent showing, but he won't win many matches at any level serving under 50%. Still, sounds like he played fairly well despite that.

I actually quite enjoy the fact that despite nobody predicting Vasek would win, FormerRafaFan still thinks that this match proved people wrong somehow. Definitely some quality humour there
Yeah, of course I'm the one who's clueless here, clueless because I'm right? But you're not clueless at all predicting he would win when he didn't? riiiight.. ok then

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome