Peter Polansky - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com
 13Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #601 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Well he really is a top 200 singles player with a career high of 70 that only stopped playing singles because his rank was too low (around 100) compared to his doubles rank. He is not a typical doubles specialist.
i just still would have expected peter to be able to handle him a little easier then he did. But i guess he got the win and thats what's important in the end
misty1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Really, that's the card you are going to pull, those make up barely any events, top 100 gets you into majors anyway.
I'm not trying to pull any card, I am trying to explain what happened. Instead of responding in two seconds, go look at his ranking in singles and doubles and then the events that he played.

I will even help you.

2005: 95S 83D
2006: 99S 20D
2007:155S 9D
2008: 183S 13D
2009: 459S 6D
2010: 676S 10D

When he makes a big jump from 2006 to 2007, his singles ranking was too low to enter the events he needed to to improve his doubles results. Thus, low singles rankings, high doubles ranking.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #603 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I'm not trying to pull any card, I am trying to explain what happened. Instead of responding in two seconds, go look at his ranking in singles and doubles and then the events that he played.

I will even help you.

2005: 95S 83D
2006: 99S 20D
2007:155S 9D
2008: 183S 13D
2009: 459S 6D
2010: 676S 10D

When he makes a big jump from 2006 to 2007, his singles ranking was too low to enter the events he needed to to improve his doubles results. Thus, low singles rankings, high doubles ranking.
What the hell are you talking about, he's never been ranked higher than 293 in doubles.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #604 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
What the hell are you talking about, he's never been ranked higher than 293 in doubles.
He has a career high of 5 and won a masters 1000 and two grand slams in doubles.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #605 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
He has a career high of 5 and won a masters 1000 and two grand slams in doubles.
No, I don't know why you are playing this game either, his best singles rank is 149 too.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #606 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Well he really is a top 200 singles player with a career high of 70 that only stopped playing singles because his rank was too low (around 100) compared to his doubles rank. He is not a typical doubles specialist.
See this post here. The one you originally replied too? The one you replied to trying to correct my grammar or something? It is about Lukas Dlouhy, which obvious if you:

a) read the quoted post in that post
b) think for two seconds - Polansky is not a doubles specialist and rarely plays doubles
c) See that I wrote a career high of 70, which is not PP's career high or close to it.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #607 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
See this post here. The one you originally replied too? The one you replied to trying to correct my grammar or something? It is about Lukas Dlouhy, which obvious if you:

a) read the quoted post in that post
b) think for two seconds - Polansky is not a doubles specialist and rarely plays doubles
c) See that I wrote a career high of 70, which is not PP's career high or close to it.
I thought it was about Polansky.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info

Last edited by Transcender; 12-31-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Transcender is offline  
post #608 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I thought it was about Polansky.
Fair enough then.

Do you think PP will win his second round match?

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #609 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Fair enough then.

Do you think PP will win his second round match?
I don't know, Peter is the favorite, the surface could help the Italian though, could be tight, Peter in 3.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #610 of 988 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 13,765
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Really, that's the card you are going to pull, those make up barely any events, top 100 gets you into majors anyway.
Dlouhy is a much better singles player than his ranking suggests - end of story. Peter won, good start to the season, Giannessi should be a straight setter as well but with Peter we all know...
ibreak4coffee is offline  
post #611 of 988 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Peter draws Rungkat in R1 of AO qualys, winnable for sure, but going on current form it could be tough.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #612 of 988 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Registered User
 
mayumashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Halifax and Bass River NS; Yao-shi, Osaka-fu
Age: 45
Posts: 407
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Next up, the top seed, Haider-Maurer. Gonna be tough but not impossible.
mayumashu is offline  
post #613 of 988 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 13,765
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumashu View Post
Next up, the top seed, Haider-Maurer. Gonna be tough but not impossible.
Haider Mauer is nothing special on hardcourts. I'm more worried about Peter than Haider Mauer. Its all a moot point though because Mannarino will qualify from this section
ibreak4coffee is offline  
post #614 of 988 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,698
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Confusing opening set from Peter right now. Got up 5-2 relitively easily, never had much trouble on serve, then there was a long break which I assume was an injury timeout, and based on the events after it must have been for Peter(though he won the last game before than so he must have injured himself on a point he won?). Then coming back from that break, AHM wins 10 straight points and 12 of 13 breaking Peter twice to get to 5 all. I only assume Peter is badly hurt, then suddenly he breaks and holds and wins the set 7-5, I'm not sure whether to think he's hurt, he's healthy or what, really bizarre

2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline  
post #615 of 988 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: Peter Polansky

Big upset for Peter taking out the #1 seed, really happy for him, maybe now he can pull another and take out Mannarino to make the MD.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome