Frank Dancevic - Page 108 - MensTennisForums.com

 8Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1606 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Am I the only one pissed off with his commitment to Canada? He's had some disagreements with Tennis Canada in the past, and now he's moved to Serbia? Wow.. I don't even know what to say. Seems like he'd rather be playing for Serbia than Canada.
Who cares, he played Davis Cup for Canada just a month ago, clearly the problem is in the past.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1607 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Frankly Frank has done enough for Canada, i dont think we need to question his devotion to this country. Given tennis canada's habit of relying on younger players to put on the davis cup team and ditching the older ones once they get less consistent i dont think frank will have many more oppertunities to play anyway. The only one this doesnt really apply to is daniel but once we get a decent enough replacement he'll be looked over too.

So he moved to serbia so what? there's more decisions to be made in life then about your career and obviously frank has other reasons for wanting to move to serbia. I say if he's happy then good. He's sticking in Canada, its in his heart and he'll play for canada until he cant play anymore. I truly believe that
misty1 is offline  
post #1608 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

by the way he's up 4-2 over andreev in dalles

I also posted this in another thread. How much of a motivation do you think it is for frank to get to the olympics this year? I think it being on grass is a huge thing for him. Its a huge stretch to think that he can get there but if he keeps playing the way he is..maybe? he has 4 months
misty1 is offline  
post #1609 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
Frankly Frank has done enough for Canada, i dont think we need to question his devotion to this country. Given tennis canada's habit of relying on younger players to put on the davis cup team and ditching the older ones once they get less consistent i dont think frank will have many more oppertunities to play anyway. The only one this doesnt really apply to is daniel but once we get a decent enough replacement he'll be looked over too.

So he moved to serbia so what? there's more decisions to be made in life then about your career and obviously frank has other reasons for wanting to move to serbia. I say if he's happy then good. He's sticking in Canada, its in his heart and he'll play for canada until he cant play anymore. I truly believe that
Whatever.. I don't like him actually living in another country, it's like he's preferring Serbia over Canada, that Serbia is somehow better than Canada. I don't like it at all.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #1610 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Whatever.. I don't like him actually living in another country, it's like he's preferring Serbia over Canada, that Serbia is somehow better than Canada. I don't like it at all.
yeah but athletes do that all the time. Milos lives in canada but is of serbian heritage, we have a ton of players that arent even of canadian decent here playing for canada. In fact apart from vasek and rebecca i dont think any of our top players at the moment are actually canadian in descent.

I dont think its that he thinks serbia is better, just going there for other reasons. He's staying as a canadian player so i think that proves where his loyalty is
misty1 is offline  
post #1611 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
yeah but athletes do that all the time. Milos lives in canada but is of serbian heritage, we have a ton of players that arent even of canadian decent here playing for canada. In fact apart from vasek and rebecca i dont think any of our top players at the moment are actually canadian in descent.

I dont think its that he thinks serbia is better, just going there for other reasons. He's staying as a canadian player so i think that proves where his loyalty is
Yes, but Milos constantly refers to Canada as "home". He knows where he belongs. His home is Thornhill. He has referred to it multiple times, I do not doubt his commitment to Canada at all.

But Frank is actually LIVING in another country, he MOVED there. So it's like Canada just isn't good enough anymore.. and I'm sorry, you can say what you want about it, but I still don't like it.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #1612 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Yes, but Milos constantly refers to Canada as "home". He knows where he belongs. His home is Thornhill. He has referred to it multiple times, I do not doubt his commitment to Canada at all.

But Frank is actually LIVING in another country, he MOVED there. So it's like Canada just isn't good enough anymore.. and I'm sorry, you can say what you want about it, but I still don't like it.
well your reasoning makes so sense to me at all. There are so many reasons to move to another country then "oh i dont think this place is good enough anymore". If i am right he moved to be with his girlfriend(im not sure at all on that one).
misty1 is offline  
post #1613 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,822
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Great point from Frank to hold. Tiebreak time, and Frank has the momentum!

He is pretty lucky to get here though.
Agrajag is offline  
post #1614 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,822
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

**14 to **54 for Frank. Come on!

Ace to clinch it. Hot stuff.
Agrajag is offline  
post #1615 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,822
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Frank misses MP on Andreevs serve. Serving at *53. Take it!

*Frank from *3000 to *3040, but takes three in a row. Awesome.
Agrajag is offline  
post #1616 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 3,722
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Frank Great week from him, good to see him playing well again.
Blarghman is offline  
post #1617 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 790
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

very good result from him, that is a tough list of players for a challenger!
Ravel is offline  
post #1618 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 13,241
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Yes, but Milos constantly refers to Canada as "home". He knows where he belongs. His home is Thornhill. He has referred to it multiple times, I do not doubt his commitment to Canada at all.

But Frank is actually LIVING in another country, he MOVED there. So it's like Canada just isn't good enough anymore.. and I'm sorry, you can say what you want about it, but I still don't like it.
I live in another country, and that doesn't make me less Canadian by any stretch of the imagination. Stop these idiotic posts
ibreak4coffee is offline  
post #1619 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Moderator
 
ibreak4coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 13,241
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Excellent match by Frank

Serve was fantastic, saved two set points in the 1st set and came back from 1-4 in the breaker. Mental toughness was on display that hasn't always been there in the last few years.

Just hope he can first stay healthy, and second build on this - would be great to see him back in the top 100.
ibreak4coffee is offline  
post #1620 of 2431 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
well your reasoning makes so sense to me at all. There are so many reasons to move to another country then "oh i dont think this place is good enough anymore". If i am right he moved to be with his girlfriend(im not sure at all on that one).
And why couldn't they live in Canada? Probably because she didn't want to.. she wanted to live in Serbia, and it doesn't seem like he put up much of a fight by leaving Canada.

Sorry, but I just don't like his decision at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for Serbia in the future. He obviously prefers Serbia over Canada.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome