Milos Raonic - Page 184 - MensTennisForums.com
 2Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2746 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 01:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 62
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markenstein View Post
You're a retard. Why are you talking about woman's tennis on here? Go to tf for that geez.
Agreed, we shouldn't be discussing women's tennis; however, it's worth speaking about Genie because it show's how the Roanic [and Pospisil] camps screwed up.

Yes, the dreaded declaration of Canadian non-residency to avoid, albeit legally, Canadian taxes.

Roanic is a resident of Monaco? While Pospisil is a resident of the Bahamas? Genie Bourchard is a resident of CANADA - she pays CANADIAN taxes. Why? Maybe because she's grateful for the schooling, infrastructure, and all the other social programs Canada has provider her and her family?

What happened with Raonic, Pospisil, and Nestor[Nestorović]? Millions of Canadians pay taxes so EVERYONE is Canada can have a respectable standard of living. What what did Raonic do when he got the chance to pay back via taxes?

Andy Murray and Rafa Nadal are residents of their country and they are paying a much higher marginal tax rate than Raonic would in Canada. Maybe Nadal and Murray need better accountants, or maybe, just maybe, these guys realize what their country has done for them and their family.

Beyond the non-residency thing, it's shocking how quickly and ferociously the media has jumped on the Genie Bouchard bandwagon. Is Nike behind it? Maybe, but regardless, she's a true Canadian patriot and i have much respect for her...

Does Raonic have the guts to explain the real reason why he's a resident of Monaco... doubt it!
DTLB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2747 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,690
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

1. Raonic is a resident of Thornhill, ON, as per his ATP bio page.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...os-Raonic.aspx

2, Djokovic's career and at-home popularity doesn't seem to be suffering from his residency outside Serbia.

3. These political arguments in here are more tiresome than vacation diarrhea. Get a life already.

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #2748 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Registered User
 
a1canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 42
Posts: 894
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLB View Post
Agreed, we shouldn't be discussing women's tennis; however, it's worth speaking about Genie because it show's how the Roanic [and Pospisil] camps screwed up.

Yes, the dreaded declaration of Canadian non-residency to avoid, albeit legally, Canadian taxes.

Roanic is a resident of Monaco? While Pospisil is a resident of the Bahamas? Genie Bourchard is a resident of CANADA - she pays CANADIAN taxes. Why? Maybe because she's grateful for the schooling, infrastructure, and all the other social programs Canada has provider her and her family?

What happened with Raonic, Pospisil, and Nestor[Nestorović]? Millions of Canadians pay taxes so EVERYONE is Canada can have a respectable standard of living. What what did Raonic do when he got the chance to pay back via taxes?

Andy Murray and Rafa Nadal are residents of their country and they are paying a much higher marginal tax rate than Raonic would in Canada. Maybe Nadal and Murray need better accountants, or maybe, just maybe, these guys realize what their country has done for them and their family.

Beyond the non-residency thing, it's shocking how quickly and ferociously the media has jumped on the Genie Bouchard bandwagon. Is Nike behind it? Maybe, but regardless, she's a true Canadian patriot and i have much respect for her...

Does Raonic have the guts to explain the real reason why he's a resident of Monaco... doubt it!
GENIE has just began to make $$$$, you can bet that she will have follow most tennis players to a tax haven, no big deal, doesn't change anything, they will continue to generate revenue for tennis canada thru drawing fans to events, and other promotions.
We commented earlier this year that RAONIC suddenly had his profile change back from MONACO to THORNHILL , although I sincerely doubt his tax situation has changed , just his ATP profile!

Canadian tennis finally on the rise!
a1canada is online now  
post #2749 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 62
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1canada View Post
GENIE has just began to make $$$$, you can bet that she will have follow most tennis players to a tax haven, no big deal, doesn't change anything, they will continue to generate revenue for tennis canada thru drawing fans to events, and other promotions.
We commented earlier this year that RAONIC suddenly had his profile change back from MONACO to THORNHILL , although I sincerely doubt his tax situation has changed , just his ATP profile!
Are you implying he changed it to appear that he's a Canadian resident, but while continuing to maintain his non-residency to avoid Canadian taxes? If that's true, that's pure dishonesty. Regardless, CRA will be notified he's advertising that he's a Canadian resident.

"Most" tennis players don't declare non-residency, but it sure looks like a lot of players from the Serbia region are fond of declaring non-residency.

Tomic is now under scrutiny from an Australian journalist. See this article. Like Raonic, he's not doing anything illegal - it's not a legal issue, but a moral issue.

Genie will continue to be resident of Canada because she realizes she's more marketable as a Canadian resident. I sure hope she does not try to deceive tennis fans as her image will be tarnished for life.
DTLB is offline  
post #2750 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 04:46 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,608
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLB View Post
Are you implying he changed it to appear that he's a Canadian resident, but while continuing to maintain his non-residency to avoid Canadian taxes? If that's true, that's pure dishonesty. Regardless, CRA will be notified he's advertising that he's a Canadian resident.

"Most" tennis players don't declare non-residency, but it sure looks like a lot of players from the Serbia region are fond of declaring non-residency.

Tomic is now under scrutiny from an Australian journalist. See this article. Like Raonic, he's not doing anything illegal - it's not a legal issue, but a moral issue.

Genie will continue to be resident of Canada because she realizes she's more marketable as a Canadian resident. I sure hope she does not try to deceive tennis fans as her image will be tarnished for life.
Are you kidding me, these posts are a joke.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #2751 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Registered User
 
Mr.Prysse.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 756
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Milos is a resident of Monte-Carlo according to his own website.

He moved to Monaco two years ago and then his residency changed to Thornhill late last year.
He spent most of the off-season in Monaco and he's practising there this week.

Nobody goes from to Thornhill to Monaco and the goes back to Thornhill.
Maybe he asked the ATP to cover him up which would be pretty smart.

Anyways, he can pay taxes (or not) wherever he wants but Tennis Canada shouldn't spend hundreds of thousands on a multi-millionaire who's most likely residing in Monte Carlo.
Mr.Prysse. is online now  
post #2752 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM
Registered User
 
a1canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Age: 42
Posts: 894
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Bad break for Raonic to miss best part of indoor hard season, just to return for IW, MIAMI then clay, where he can't compete very well with the slow conditions.
Likely going to be a long wait for some results again.

Ps-Milos loves Canada , non stop tweets about Canadians at the olympics!

Canadian tennis finally on the rise!
a1canada is online now  
post #2753 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Registered User
 
Markenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,450
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1canada View Post
Bad break for Raonic to miss best part of indoor hard season, just to return for IW, MIAMI then clay, where he can't compete very well with the slow conditions.
Likely going to be a long wait for some results again.

Ps-Milos loves Canada , non stop tweets about Canadians at the olympics!
Yup. Genie is quite patriotic too. But zilch from vasek.

( . )( . ) Milos Raonic! Vasek Pospisil! Genie Bouchard! Celine Dion!!

http://vanopen.com/images/banner_01.jpg
I want this pic as my signature. How the hell do I do it?
Markenstein is offline  
post #2754 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 62
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prysse. View Post
Milos is a resident of Monte-Carlo according to his own website.

He moved to Monaco two years ago and then his residency changed to Thornhill late last year.
He spent most of the off-season in Monaco and he's practising there this week.

Nobody goes from to Thornhill to Monaco and the goes back to Thornhill.
Maybe he asked the ATP to cover him up which would be pretty smart.
So, one has to ask if he's still resident of Monaco, why would ATP website change the status???? Did someone from his team initiate the change on ATP website???
DTLB is offline  
post #2755 of 2982 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered User
 
Mr.Prysse.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 756
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTLB View Post
So, one has to ask if he's still resident of Monaco, why would ATP website change the status???? Did someone from his team initiate the change on ATP website???
His website and his official ATP profile don't indicate the same residence status. Milos is a smart guy, very PR savy.
He must know Thornill looks better than Monte Carlo.

Anyways, he's practing in Los Angeles.
Mr.Prysse. is online now  
post #2756 of 2982 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 AM
Registered User
 
Ace20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,732
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Indian Wells

(10)Milos Raonic Bye
Benjamin Becker vs Édouard Roger-Vasselin
Alejandro Falla vs Federico Delbonis
(18)Jerzy Janowicz Bye

Team USA


J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline  
post #2757 of 2982 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 326
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Milos plays Murray at 2 pm eastern tomorrow.
Miss Molly is offline  
post #2758 of 2982 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered User
 
Markenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,450
                     
Sportsnet in Canada is really passing me off. They're televising IW but they choose not to show any of the raonic matches. That's pathetic. I wish TSN had the rights to these non slam events. They at least stream milos matches on the net. Sportsnet is pathetic. They better show today's match against Murray.

( . )( . ) Milos Raonic! Vasek Pospisil! Genie Bouchard! Celine Dion!!

http://vanopen.com/images/banner_01.jpg
I want this pic as my signature. How the hell do I do it?
Markenstein is offline  
post #2759 of 2982 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 326
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markenstein View Post
Sportsnet in Canada is really passing me off. They're televising IW but they choose not to show any of the raonic matches. That's pathetic. I wish TSN had the rights to these non slam events. They at least stream milos matches on the net. Sportsnet is pathetic. They better show today's match against Murray.
It was on SN1 today, I saw the third set.
Miss Molly is offline  
post #2760 of 2982 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered User
 
Ace20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,732
                     
Re: Milos Raonic

Miami

(12)Milos Raonic Bye
Guido Pella vs Q
Bradley Klahn vs Guillermo García-López
(23)Gaël Monfils Bye

Team USA


J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome