• Other

Votes: 3 5.1%

If Federer dominates the clay season...

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  adeegee 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you think ?

Reactions: Mimi
#2 ·
Re: I Federer dominates the clay season...

Option 1 .

#3 ·

Wow ! this is the 19204983814937503128576931683th Federer thread on GM.

Couldn't you have used the one with Federer and his chances of winning RG as the thread about his clay chances overall. Disclaimer there have been many good posts there already from many different people.

#4 ·

Why is MTF starting to bore me? If i didn't love the tournament boards and the JC forum so much i'd be outta here. GM used to be so damn good, now it's just boring.

#5 ·

JL, I don't think you are the only one. The clay season is coming up and it's usually a lot better during then.

#6 ·

it better be, when jc starts winning matches and tournaments i can start having some fun again. My faves shine when clay-court season begins

#7 ·

I hope the best for Federer and Safin in the clay season :)
I hope they'll beat all these clay players ;)

Reactions: RonE
#9 ·

bad gambler said:
i hope acasuso wins a clay masters tournament, and I am being serious
I am buying you a beer in Sydney for that comment.

Vamos Chucho.

#10 ·

GeorgeWHitler said:
Wow ! this is the 19204983814937503128576931683th Federer thread on GM.

Couldn't you have used the one with Federer and his chances of winning RG as the thread about his clay chances overall. Disclaimer there have been many good posts there already from many different people.
It's not quite the same, because here I'm taking into acount the fact that he's really dominating the game outside GS. It's pretty unlikely but, if he won Rome, Monte Carlo and RG that would be amazing and a reference point in the game. And it's still possible, whatever the Spanish and South American worshipers say. Fed needs challenges, it's not his rivalry against Rod and Hewitt, and even Safin, that will push him forward. It's another kind of challenge.
But some could see it as also damaging the game, because, you like it or not, the fact that the clay season is usually dominated by "other" players boosts the interest in a given period of the season.

#11 ·

mdhubert said:
It's not quite the same, because here I'm taking into acount the fact that he's really dominating the game outside GS. It's pretty unlikely but, if he won Rome, Monte Carlo and RG that would be amazing and a reference point in the game. And it's still possible, whatever the Spanish and South American worshipers say. Fed needs challenges, it's not his rivalry against Rod and Hewitt, and even Safin, that will push him forward. It's another kind of challenge.
Basically all you wanted in reality was an excuse to gloat about how good Federer is at the moment, this is obvious. You have form for this on more than one occasion.

Considering that RG is the pinnacle of the clay season and the other TMS events have been mentioned in that particular thread, which highlights his respective strengths and weaknesses on the surface and how those particular losses on clay and the Hamburg wins are part of it.

It's not a bad thread you should read it some time.

But some could see it as also damaging the game, because, you like it or not, the fact that the clay season is usually dominated by "other" players boosts the interest in a given period of the season.
What excuse will you come up with when he loses a match on clay this season? I actually enjoy claycourt tennis and I don't give a crap about domination, like in 04 the rubbish going on comparing Coria to Borg, now we have you going that people are only interested in the clay season, because Federer doesn't dominate.

#13 ·
Interesting to see that almost 40% of tennis fans would be bored to witness a milestone in tennis history. Rogi, wrap your raquets and go fishing somewhere...

#14 ·
If by "milestone in tennis history" you mean winning RG and completing the career Slam, I'm all in favour of that, but I doubt it will happen this year. As for dominating the clay season, that will certainly never happen and it wouldn't be desirable either. Federer is still fundamentally a fast-court player who is at his most comfortable on grass and hard - the only players who can dominate the clay season are those who are at their best on clay, and whose games are designed to excel on that surface. I know he has far more ability on clay than Roddick, but in all honesty, the idea of him being unbeatable on clay this year is only slightly less ludicrous than my tongue-in-cheek suggestion that Roddick will notch up a 23-match winning streak on European dirt that will finally be halted in the second week of RG.

#16 ·
Exactly. But hey, we all know that the other players are the poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free in the giant shadow cast by Federer winning Rotterdam, Dubai and IW.

#18 ·
In 1996, Kafelnikov :worship: saved human kind from Droid's domination. I believe strongly there are a lot of "dirt" heroes who will protect us from JesusFed absolute control :bowdown:

#19 ·
OK, that was when Sampras was the closest he would ever get to the RG title, but by that criteria, Ramon Delgado and White Wine must also be hailed as saviours of tennis too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.