Prinosil: "It's over now"
Former German Davis Cup player Davis Prinosil ends his career after his 1st round loss to Fish in Halle.
"Maybe I will play a few doubles, but my singles career is over".
"I'm having since longer time problems with my back. I can't practise hard anymore, so it has no use to continue playing if your body is not fit" said Prinosil.
"I've always said that, after my tennis career, I will do all these things that I couldn't do the last 14 or 15 years."
I wish him much fun enjoying his retirement
some career achievements:
career singles titles:
- 2000 Halle (grass) -- entered the tournament as a wildcard beating Krajicek in the final
- 1996 Ostrava (carpet)
- 1995 Newport (grass)
- 2000 Moscow
- 1999 St. Petersburg
- 1998 Copenhagen
- 2001 Washington (with Damm)
- 2000 Moscow (with Bjorkman)
- 2000 Copenhagen (with Damm)
- 1999 Vienna (with Stolle)
- 1998 Ostrava (with Kiefer)
- 1997 Long Island (with Ondruska)
- 1993 Long Island (with Göllner)
- 1992 Umag (with Vogel)
- 1992 Rotterdam (with Göllner)
Prinosil's highest doubles ranking was #12 in August 2001.
Prinosil also reached the Australian Open doubles final in 2001 with Byron Black.
His best Grand Slam singles result was the 4th round in Wimbledon 2000.
Prinosil got an Olympic bronze medal together with Marc-Kevin Göllner in Atlanta 1996 and reached the Quarterfinal with Tommy Haas in Sydney 2000.
sure, he was never a top player, but a likable player for me and at least he could get some titles in singles and doubles