Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts - Page 74 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1096 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Registered User
 
guille&tati4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 15,595
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
oh brother...

leave the curls alone well, if you feel uncomfortable...
OK, they stay for now, partially cos i'm too lazy to get a hair-cut

As for Canas, it was a simply amazing match. I don't like to see Federer beaten twice in a row, it somehow doesn't seem right even though I like Canas. Hopefully Chela can take the title now.

Barbora Zahlavova Strycova
guille&tati4life is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1097 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered User
 
rubsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post
OK, they stay for now, partially cos i'm too lazy to get a hair-cut

As for Canas, it was a simply amazing match. I don't like to see Federer beaten twice in a row, it somehow doesn't seem right even though I like Canas. Hopefully Chela can take the title now.
YAY that would be nice

...desperately waiting for Guillermo Coria to come back...

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline  
post #1098 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Deea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Idiotic Optimist's Land :p
Age: 27
Posts: 8,096
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
Excuse me ladies and gentlemen while I give MAD PROPS to Willymo Cañas:
Olé! Olé Olé Olé!!!!! O-lé!!! Oooo-lé!!!!!
he's the man of the moment! Way to go!

I must say I was sincerly amazed when I saw the result this morning. I never thought Fed will lose again to Willy! Made my day a good one!

Goooo SAFIN ~ BERDYCH ~ MURRAY ~ SIMON ~ NALBANDIAN ~ SODERLING




Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline  
post #1099 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Registered User
 
rubsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Yes, and it turned my day into a bad one... I can't stand it if Fed loses, what's his problem with canas? Why isn't he able to beat him? I hate to see dominant sport stars losing. I want Fed to win the French, because Guille won't be able to do that yet.

so,

COME ON FED!!! TAKE ON THE CLAY SEASON!

...desperately waiting for Guillermo Coria to come back...

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline  
post #1100 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered User
 
Grofica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgrade
Age: 31
Posts: 2,591
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

hi to all
can you please tell me why Coria isn't playing so long? and give me related links or inform me where at MTF I can find threads related to this subject thanks

Beauty will save the world


Djokovic-Zimonjic-Bozoljac-Troicki
Nadal-Youzhny-Haas-Coria-Safin
Grofica is offline  
post #1101 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered User
 
Guille's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Skit World
Posts: 3,327
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Sure! You can visit w w w. foro coria .c o m. There's loads of news there, but you have to be a member. And in here! of course. Gigi, VaMoS_gUiLlE! and psicoguacho always have alot of news! So, just check the "guillermo coria news thread" to keep updated


Someday, we'll all be free.


!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline  
post #1102 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Registered User
 
Guille's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Skit World
Posts: 3,327
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubsch View Post
Yes, and it turned my day into a bad one... I can't stand it if Fed loses, what's his problem with canas? Why isn't he able to beat him? I hate to see dominant sport stars losing. I want Fed to win the French, because Guille won't be able to do that yet.

so,

COME ON FED!!! TAKE ON THE CLAY SEASON!
Oh it's not so bad. I still think Rog can beat folks like Nadal, Roddick, and a whole slew of other people that could give him hell (i.e. Murray). But it's only fair that he loses to WILLYMOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go out on a limb and say he won't lose to ANYBODY else. I mean it's Federer; how many times do you think he'll lose?
It was awesome to open the sports page in the paper today and see a very nice sized pic of Willy in there! Weeee!! Oh and Serena was there too


Someday, we'll all be free.


!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline  
post #1103 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Registered User
 
Truc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 17,349
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
hi to all
can you please tell me why Coria isn't playing so long? and give me related links or inform me where at MTF I can find threads related to this subject thanks
There regularly are threads about him in GM, check this thread, for example:
So, Whats Going On With Dent And Coria? (the answers of WillyCañas, jayjay... )
I also quoted in that thread a summary Lau made recently of a TV interview with him, it will give you a good idea of what he's been saying in every interview for months now to explain his break down:
*guillermo coria NEWS thread*

There are tons of articles in Spanish, psicho just posted a link in the News thread, but if you're looking for stuff in English, there aren't so many interesting things, unfortunately. (There are some articles in English from time to time, but most of them are not accurate, like this one - many articles in English say he stopped playing because of his shoulder, while he doesn't say that.)

Coria himself sometimes gives some news to the board Guille's Girl told you, you can find those messages in the last pages of "*the Guille Writings & his Official site thread*" thread here.

Last edited by Truc; 03-29-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Truc is offline  
post #1104 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered User
 
rubsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
Oh it's not so bad. I still think Rog can beat folks like Nadal, Roddick, and a whole slew of other people that could give him hell (i.e. Murray). But it's only fair that he loses to WILLYMOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go out on a limb and say he won't lose to ANYBODY else. I mean it's Federer; how many times do you think he'll lose?
It was awesome to open the sports page in the paper today and see a very nice sized pic of Willy in there! Weeee!! Oh and Serena was there too
In one thing you're right, he really doesn't lose very often
and as a matter of that fact it feels even wors when he loses... And it takes a looong time for me to recover of that shock and I can't really understand why everybody wants to see him lose isn't he a phenomenal player to you?

And I also can't understand everybody's obssesion with canas, I mean it is Federer who lost and that's why canas is celebrated not because he won...
do you understand what I mean...

...desperately waiting for Guillermo Coria to come back...

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline  
post #1105 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered User
 
Guille's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Skit World
Posts: 3,327
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubsch View Post
In one thing you're right, he really doesn't lose very often
and as a matter of that fact it feels even wors when he loses... And it takes a looong time for me to recover of that shock and I can't really understand why everybody wants to see him lose isn't he a phenomenal player to you?

And I also can't understand everybody's obssesion with canas, I mean it is Federer who lost and that's why canas is celebrated not because he won...
do you understand what I mean...
I think Federer needs to lose in order for fans to appreciate his wins more. I mean even when Guille was dominating on the clay and starting to get really good on the hard stuff, he had some consistent losses. I don't think Guille fans really took any of his winnings for granted..well, I'll just speak for myself right now. Aside from all that, I think Rog will start appreciating more, and start to realize how much work this tennis shit really is; that's actually what happened to Guille.
About folks wanting Rog to lose, I dunno. I'm not one of the folks that actively root against him. Of course I think he's a phenomenal player, at times I've even sat and watched reruns of total blowouts just to see how he does it. But his prowess clearly doesn't make him exempt from having his share of haters

As for WILLYMOOOOOOO! Canas, I've been an active fan of his for while before he was suspended. I think he is the most mature player from Argentina (aside from Calleri) and he doesn't get into fickle little bitch fights with everybody. I was really happy when his suspension was reduced and he was able to come back sooner. So, I don't know what everyone ELSES fascination with him is about, but I'm a fan so that's why I'm happy. I'm also diggin' the new look


Someday, we'll all be free.


!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline  
post #1106 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered User
 
rubsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
I think Federer needs to lose in order for fans to appreciate his wins more.
That really bothers me, that almost everybody takes his wins for something daily and although he has many trophies for beeing the best player and so on I have the feeling the media and also his fans and everybodyelse don't appreciate that enough. What he has done is unbelieveable and so I get very angry when the hype about a loss is bigger than about his wins... Thats what really makes me angry.

...desperately waiting for Guillermo Coria to come back...

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline  
post #1107 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered User
 
jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,504
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
There are tons of articles in Spanish, psicho just posted a link in the News thread, but if you're looking for stuff in English, there aren't so many interesting things, unfortunately. (There are some articles in English from time to time, but most of them are not accurate, like this one - many articles in English say he stopped playing because of his shoulder, while he doesn't say that.)
God, I had to chew those guys out because of something they said about Canas, I can't be bothered to set them straight again!

Grofica, I wrote this about Guille last year (and updated it a little this year), hopefully it's not as crap as other english written Coria articles and can give you a picture of what's been happening with him lately.
jayjay is offline  
post #1108 of 1269 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered User
 
Grofica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgrade
Age: 31
Posts: 2,591
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

[QUOTE=jayjay;5113504]
Quote:

God, I had to chew those guys out because of something they said about Canas, I can't be bothered to set them straight again!

Grofica, I wrote this about Guille last year (and updated it a little this year), hopefully it's not as crap as other english written Coria articles and can give you a picture of what's been happening with him lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
There regularly are threads about him in GM, check this thread, for example:
So, Whats Going On With Dent And Coria? (the answers of WillyCañas, jayjay... )
I also quoted in that thread a summary Lau made recently of a TV interview with him, it will give you a good idea of what he's been saying in every interview for months now to explain his break down:
*guillermo coria NEWS thread*

There are tons of articles in Spanish, psicho just posted a link in the News thread, but if you're looking for stuff in English, there aren't so many interesting things, unfortunately. (There are some articles in English from time to time, but most of them are not accurate, like this one - many articles in English say he stopped playing because of his shoulder, while he doesn't say that.)

Coria himself sometimes gives some news to the board Guille's Girl told you, you can find those messages in the last pages of "*the Guille Writings & his Official site thread*" thread here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
Sure! You can visit w w w. foro coria .c o m. There's loads of news there, but you have to be a member. And in here! of course. Gigi, VaMoS_gUiLlE! and psicoguacho always have alot of news! So, just check the "guillermo coria news thread" to keep updated
thank you to all very much

I liked to watch Coria plays very much and out of sudden he was nowhere to be seen and I didn't have time to do research until now Hope he will be back soon

Beauty will save the world


Djokovic-Zimonjic-Bozoljac-Troicki
Nadal-Youzhny-Haas-Coria-Safin
Grofica is offline  
post #1109 of 1269 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Deea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Idiotic Optimist's Land :p
Age: 27
Posts: 8,096
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

Helloooooooo there my dear Guille addicts! Our boy is finally set on coming back. So he says Let's hope this time it's for real and that soon we'll have something to be happy for...

How was Easter and the mini-vacation for all those who celebrate it?

Goooo SAFIN ~ BERDYCH ~ MURRAY ~ SIMON ~ NALBANDIAN ~ SODERLING




Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline  
post #1110 of 1269 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: germany
Age: 31
Posts: 2,140
                     
Re: Bla-bla-bla chat thread of the Guille Addicts

happy belated easter, deea and all others

i'm going to rome today for a week, maybe i can pray for guille's comeback when i see the pope seriously, i hope he will finally play in ostrava, waiting sucks.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
Monaco decided to stop playing tennis for real and dedicate to other things, like going on tv, twitter, and posing nude.
fabolous is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome