Grigor in Asia - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Registered User
 
PiggyGotRoasted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 2,682
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantelle View Post
I saw you(and ur friends?) photo grid on FB! Really crazy but great work
Hey I dont think I messaged you since wimbledon, but thanks for taking my photo with grigor.
PiggyGotRoasted is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered User
 
BlueLighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,810
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Yes, that's us.


twitter @jessica4stein
tumblr http://jessica4stein.tumblr.com

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline  
post #63 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,162
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

He is the first match on Center Court tomorrow. 11am Tokyo time.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #64 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered User
 
kr1s71an's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 1,812
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
He is the first match on Center Court tomorrow. 11am Tokyo time.
That's pretty early here in Bulgaria, I think like 5 AM I'll probably support him in my sleep Hope there's some fans in Tokyo that will cheer for him

★ ★ ★ TENNIS TIPPING ★ ★ ★

Singles: [Rank: #129, Highest: #20]
2015: W Segovia CH, Rotterdam FU ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Indian Wells ★ ★ ★ 2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #117, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2015: W Kazan CH ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Bucharest ★ ★ ★ 2013: W Chennai, Delrey Beach, Tunis CH
2013: W Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio de Janeiro CH, Geneva CH ★ ★ ★ 2011: W Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline  
post #65 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,162
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

It's at 3am in the UK so I will be fast asleep during the match. If he plays aggressively, serves well and goes for his shots, he's in with a chance of winning this match but Monaco is a tough opponent.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #66 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,162
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

He lost 6-2 6-1. Didn't see the match but I would assume from the scoreline, he played badly.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #67 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered User
 
kr1s71an's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 1,812
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
He lost 6-2 6-1. Didn't see the match but I would assume from the scoreline, he played badly.
There was no livestream, but I was checking the livescore. In the first he held his servise for 1-0 and then lost 5 games in a row, which was enough for Monaco to take the set really easy. Same thing happened in the second - Grigor held servise for 1-0, in the next game he had 4 BP's but didn't convert any of them and Monaco won six games in a row

★ ★ ★ TENNIS TIPPING ★ ★ ★

Singles: [Rank: #129, Highest: #20]
2015: W Segovia CH, Rotterdam FU ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Indian Wells ★ ★ ★ 2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #117, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2015: W Kazan CH ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Bucharest ★ ★ ★ 2013: W Chennai, Delrey Beach, Tunis CH
2013: W Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio de Janeiro CH, Geneva CH ★ ★ ★ 2011: W Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline  
post #68 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Registered User
 
chantelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
There was no livestream, but I was checking the livescore. In the first he held his servise for 1-0 and then lost 5 games in a row, which was enough for Monaco to take the set really easy. Same thing happened in the second - Grigor held servise for 1-0, in the next game he had 4 BP's but didn't convert any of them and Monaco won six games in a row
According to a Japanese fan's tweet Grigor had some physical problem which caused some pain and uncomfortable during the match, not sure if he will continue his Asia tourney in Shanghai. I hope he can keep those points but worry if he has any injury. He didn't bring his usual physio to Asia this time.
chantelle is offline  
post #69 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,162
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

He only has 90 points to defend from Shanghai and Stockholm last year so it's not too much. I'm kind of hoping he finishes the season early like he did last year so he can really work hard on his fitness. He's had some injuries since The Olympics that he really needs to deal with and start 2013 strong.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #70 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered User
 
kr1s71an's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 1,812
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantelle View Post
According to a Japanese fan's tweet Grigor had some physical problem which caused some pain and uncomfortable during the match, not sure if he will continue his Asia tourney in Shanghai. I hope he can keep those points but worry if he has any injury. He didn't bring his usual physio to Asia this time.
The part with the different physio got me thinking. Is it possible that Grigor finally decided to get out of that academy, hired by himself a new physio, but still there's no new coach? The other thing that leads me to that suggestion is that Mouratoglou was always writing in his Facebook when Grigor wins, but from the Olympic games he is not writing absolutely anything about Grigor. Probably all of this is not true, but what do you think. Is it possible?

★ ★ ★ TENNIS TIPPING ★ ★ ★

Singles: [Rank: #129, Highest: #20]
2015: W Segovia CH, Rotterdam FU ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Indian Wells ★ ★ ★ 2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #117, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2015: W Kazan CH ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Bucharest ★ ★ ★ 2013: W Chennai, Delrey Beach, Tunis CH
2013: W Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio de Janeiro CH, Geneva CH ★ ★ ★ 2011: W Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline  
post #71 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered User
 
chantelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
The part with the different physio got me thinking. Is it possible that Grigor finally decided to get out of that academy, hired by himself a new physio, but still there's no new coach? The other thing that leads me to that suggestion is that Mouratoglou was always writing in his Facebook when Grigor wins, but from the Olympic games he is not writing absolutely anything about Grigor. Probably all of this is not true, but what do you think. Is it possible?
I don't think so cause Jeff is also a coach in MTA, and facebook of MTA still updated his result in Thailand open(but a little weird they update nothing in Tokyo but Chardy) I think Mouratoglou didn't write about Grigor because he only write things benefiting to himself, but Grigor has gotten terrible status since Olympic, he won't write those which may damage his reputation.
chantelle is offline  
post #72 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,162
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Some people on here are too down on Mouratoglou who I think could still be very good for Grigor. People seem to forget that Grigor said last year his father was his main coach, not Patrick and I think that is part of the problem. He needs one full-time coach and it probably shouldn't be his father.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #73 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Registered User
 
xavihernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 435
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

dimitrov won't have to play qualification in shanghai as he has entered the main draw

http://www.tennisalternative.com/for...&thread_id=277
xavihernandez is offline  
post #74 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,162
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavihernandez View Post
dimitrov won't have to play qualification in shanghai as he has entered the main draw

http://www.tennisalternative.com/for...&thread_id=277
That's great news. Hopefully he is fully fit and able to produce his best tennis.

Welcome to the forum xavihernandez.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #75 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered User
 
xavihernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 435
                     
Re: Grigor in Asia

thank you
xavihernandez is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome