Post US Open Season 2011 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered User
 
chantelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Why do you think he might withdraw from Shanghai? I haven't heard about him being injured.

I didn't manage to see the match but from everything I've heard and from following it on live scores, it looks like he played really well. All players develop at different rates and maybe he might take a bit longer than some others but he clearly has the game to succeed and the mental side will come with time.

A win here would have been fantastic but his fans should be a bit more positive. He's a far better player than he was at the start of the summer and as long as he continues improving, the big results will come soon enough.

I don't think he will withdraw Shanghai, too. i think it's better for him to start the game from qualify, at least he can earn some point. Most player will go to Shanghai on Thursday, I can check if he gets Shanghai tomorrow.
chantelle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Registered User
 
chantelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Thanks for the report and it's good to hear he was positive about the match. Did you speak to him at the hotel?
Of course! but I just told him that he played well and need more patient, and he is always the best in my mind I also asked him what the means of the gesture(make a circle by thumb and index then put it in front of eye), he said that means the sun is rising
chantelle is offline  
post #168 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Registered User
 
kr1s71an's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 1,839
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

A lot of people withdraw from Shanghai and Grigor is now 1st alternate for the main draw! I prefer him to play qualies, but I expect Djokovic or another player to withdraw, so ... he will probably get in the main draw. At least he will not start versus a top 10 player as the 8 seeds have a bye in the first round

★ ★ ★ TENNIS TIPPING ★ ★ ★

Singles: [Rank: #129, Highest: #20]
2015: W Segovia CH, Rotterdam FU ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Indian Wells ★ ★ ★ 2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #117, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2015: W Kazan CH ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Bucharest ★ ★ ★ 2013: W Chennai, Delrey Beach, Tunis CH
2013: W Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio de Janeiro CH, Geneva CH ★ ★ ★ 2011: W Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline  
post #169 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Registered User
 
chantelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

My friend met him just now and he is going to airport, Grisho will go home directly instead of Shanghai. Hope everything fine, his health condition is the most important thing >"<
chantelle is offline  
post #170 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Registered User
 
nadejda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,684
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

what? he pulled out?

Roger Federer

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline  
post #171 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered User
 
BlueLighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,851
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantelle View Post
My friend met him just now and he is going to airport, Grisho will go home directly instead of Shanghai. Hope everything fine, his health condition is the most important thing >"<


Hope he's not injured

Would love to see him play Rennes next week, I hope... if not injured

twitter @jessica4stein
tumblr http://jessica4stein.tumblr.com

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire . Zverev
BlueLighthouse is offline  
post #172 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 10:31 AM
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 26
Posts: 44,764
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Its really bad, he played well recently. Hope he is not injured.

Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline  
post #173 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post


Hope he's not injured

Would love to see him play Rennes next week, I hope... if not injured
he doesnt need to play a challenger, he can leave that for the guys that actually need the points and confidence
misty1 is offline  
post #174 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
nadejda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,684
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Grigor is in Shanghai?

Roger Federer

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline  
post #175 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered User
 
david_williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 141
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

He pulled out. I dunno the real reason, I guess he's just tired.

I saw the match in Beijing in the stadium, he played well actually, and he was the one who has all these advantages. But he's weaker on key points, that's how Tsonga took the win from him. He was serving well, he was having a blast at the start of the match. But he was being cranky and stuff when he met his chances, missed quite a lot of weak balls from Tsonga. And, Tsonga saved almost EVERY SINGLE break point by his serve. Dimi's backhand, ooh, absolutely the weak part of this match.

But I have to say, he is such a NICE KID!!! Me & my friend we knew this is the first time he's ever been in China, so we bought him some little gifts: a Chinese seal with his name from me, and a panda-head hat from my friend. He was like studying all those stuffs after getting them in the minibus. And his coach is a interesting man as well. After watching his match I took a taxi back to the hotel and I saw him later getting off from the minibus and I got all choked up, rly don't know what to say. Just some consolation words and stuff. Later I'm not able to be there to send him off to the airport becuz of some personal issue, and my friend asked him if he still remembered me and he said yes. And I told my friend to tell him that the next time he's in Beijing, I am so gonna be his city guide and stuff. And he went straight home.

Well as much as I like to see him play, still it's his own decision cuz it's his body, his call. But I had a great time talking to him and watching his matches and stuff. Rly wish to see him next yr.

And by the way, anyone knows if he has twitter or facebook?

Juan Martin del Potro, James Blake, David Nalbandian, Stanislas Wawrinka, Andy Roddick, Grigor Dimitrov, Mardy Fish

Ryan Harrison, Robby Ginepri, Sam Querrey, Tommy Robredo, Ivan Ljubicic, Tomas Berdych, Nicolas Almagro
david_williams is offline  
post #176 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered User
 
nadejda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,684
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_williams View Post
He pulled out. I dunno the real reason, I guess he's just tired.

I saw the match in Beijing in the stadium, he played well actually, and he was the one who has all these advantages. But he's weaker on key points, that's how Tsonga took the win from him. He was serving well, he was having a blast at the start of the match. But he was being cranky and stuff when he met his chances, missed quite a lot of weak balls from Tsonga. And, Tsonga saved almost EVERY SINGLE break point by his serve. Dimi's backhand, ooh, absolutely the weak part of this match.

But I have to say, he is such a NICE KID!!! Me & my friend we knew this is the first time he's ever been in China, so we bought him some little gifts: a Chinese seal with his name from me, and a panda-head hat from my friend. He was like studying all those stuffs after getting them in the minibus. And his coach is a interesting man as well. After watching his match I took a taxi back to the hotel and I saw him later getting off from the minibus and I got all choked up, rly don't know what to say. Just some consolation words and stuff. Later I'm not able to be there to send him off to the airport becuz of some personal issue, and my friend asked him if he still remembered me and he said yes. And I told my friend to tell him that the next time he's in Beijing, I am so gonna be his city guide and stuff. And he went straight home.

Well as much as I like to see him play, still it's his own decision cuz it's his body, his call. But I had a great time talking to him and watching his matches and stuff. Rly wish to see him next yr.

And by the way, anyone knows if he has twitter or facebook?
Alrel posted in the Shanghai thread Grigor is already in Shanghai and I know Alrel is a friend of him???

Anyway thank you for the report

Roger Federer

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline  
post #177 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,332
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

I hope he plays Shanghai. He's had some close matches against top players that he's played well in so it would good if he can use those experiences in his next tournament.
Hypnotize is online now  
post #178 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Registered User
 
kr1s71an's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 1,839
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

The entry list is updated and Grisho is IN the main draw So it looks like he will play there

★ ★ ★ TENNIS TIPPING ★ ★ ★

Singles: [Rank: #129, Highest: #20]
2015: W Segovia CH, Rotterdam FU ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Indian Wells ★ ★ ★ 2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #117, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2015: W Kazan CH ★ ★ ★ 2014: W Bucharest ★ ★ ★ 2013: W Chennai, Delrey Beach, Tunis CH
2013: W Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio de Janeiro CH, Geneva CH ★ ★ ★ 2011: W Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline  
post #179 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 AM
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 26
Posts: 44,764
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

It is too good.

I am glad he is okay and plays in Shanghai.

Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline  
post #180 of 359 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered User
 
chantelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
                     
Re: Post US Open Season 2011

Ja, Chinese fans have seen he showed up in Shanghai! Hope he can get a easier draw!!!
chantelle is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome