Mens Tennis Forums banner

"Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

17K views 198 replies 72 participants last post by  Gliese581 
#1 ·
Thought she was a robber. Oscar Notorious more like.....

Reactions: Mimi
#46 ·
I hear some fans are sending him support... REALLY? After all this?

Reactions: coluta and Mimi
#54 ·
Hell, we don't even need circumstantial evidence to know that his story was complete bullshit.

#55 ·
I thought only cyclists doped??

Reactions: star
#59 · (Edited)
#70 ·
He won't. He's rightfully screwed. If anything, common sense will prevail if all else fails.

That's definitely not out of question.

#62 ·
#63 ·
:facepalm:
The South African detective leading the Oscar Pistorius inquiry is himself facing seven charges of attempted murder, police have confirmed.

Detective Hilton Botha, who has faced fierce questioning at Mr Pistorius's bail hearing, was allegedly involved in a drunken shooting two years ago.

Mr Pistorius, a Paralympic champion, denies the premeditated murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, 29.

His bail hearing in Pretoria is scheduled to resume at 09:00 GMT.

Reinstated charges
Police spokesman Neville Malila said that Det Botha and two other officers were due to appear in court in May.

It is alleged the three were drunk while driving a state-owned vehicle and they opened fire on a minibus taxi loaded with passengers.

(see link for rest of story...)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21528631
This is a nightmare. Pistorius is going to get away with it because of this colossal fuck-up. :sad:

#64 ·
:facepalm:

This is a nightmare. Pistorius is going to get away with it because of this colossal fuck-up. :sad:
I hate his relatives, especially his dad and uncle who insisted that he is 100% innocent when they clearly knew he did it. Why not to remain silence and leave the poor victim and her family some respect :mad:

#65 ·
Ppl he won't get away with it, he is going to jail for the rest if his worthless life's

Everyone knows what he did

#67 ·
Having a high profile case like this the police should have sent the very best investigators. Maybe they did. Then I'm not surprised the crime rate is out of control in many cities.

but no matter how many "freebies" they give the lawyers he's not gonna walk. Even if investigators have been slow with phone records etc that's gonna be taken up when they got it. It's a long trial. Now in the beginning it's easier for the lawyers but the more that is put on the table the trickier it will get for them

#68 ·
Yeah this was just a bail hearing I think. The real case will be longer and take a long time.

#69 ·
I just hope he doesn't get away with it, or with some minor penalty.

Reactions: Mimi
#73 ·
They will probably deal him down to manslaughter. I don't know what the lowest possible sentence for that is in South Africa.

I don't know where the police/prosecution got first-degree murder from anyways. Premeditated? Who would premeditate that mess? If I were going to stage a shooting in my home where I wanted it to look like an accident, I certainly wouldn't plan to shoot my victim through a bathroom door and then say I believed it was an intruder.

If they got in an argument and he shot her, it's still a serious crime and he's still a bastard. But that's not first degree/premeditated murder.

#76 ·
Either way, he's too dangerous to be set free regardless of the sentence duration.

#77 ·
If it's similar to the US system they could set his bail very high, like 1M dollars. Dunno how rich Pistorius is

If he doesn't then he's gonna have to be in prison for a very long trial. Personally I don't think he's a flight risk. Well known face, double amputee. Good luck with that.

Prosecutor argued he might to facial surgery and stuff. Dunno about that. I think he got a good shot to be set free for the time being. But he's still gonna burn eventually.

#80 ·
He's been granted bail...

#81 ·
Not like he can hide anywhere. Just as long as he can't arrange an escape to a country with no extraction (not sure if right word) agreement with SA.

#85 ·
Extradiction. :p

/smartass

#82 ·
The magistrate seems to have been very contradictory here. Saying that he regards it as a schedule 6 offence and that the defence had not proved there was a case for exceptional circumstances, and then grants bail. Now, if he's said the defence have not proved these exceptional circumstances, how has he reached this conclusion?

#83 ·
Can't imagine we'd've had a magistrate delivering a 2 hour discourse if Joe Soap from Soweto had found himself in similar circumstances.

#84 ·
If you ask me he got special treatment. But that's to be expected.

Granting bail was probably the right call. He's not a flight risk imo and there is no risk he can tamper with evidence and that he commits other crimes is a minimal risk too considering his empty crime record.

So that's a lesson: If someone beats you up, fires his gun at accident in a restaurant or whatever: Please press charges or years later that guy gonna look "almost" clean in court. Oscar was lucky he had no violent history, at least on paper

#88 ·
Undoubtedly. How many remand prisoners families are able to visit them whenever they please? I should imagine we'd be able to count them on less than one finger...And as I said earlier, had this been Joe Soap from Soweto, I'd doubt very much whether the magistrate would've been (a) taking two hours to decide upon his bail application and (b) working so hard to justify his decision on the applicant's behalf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.