Doubles Tennis Tipping SF
DTT Davis Cup QF: DTT - Davis Cup QF - Congrats to BUL, GER, CAN and USA!
What is Doubles Tennis Tipping?
In the game, participants pick the winners of all doubles main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: 2008 TT TB System
- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Doubles Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.
DTT Davis Cup Rules
Eight teams participate in DTT Davis Cup World Group, each team representing one country. The choice of the team is free. If there are more than 8 teams, the choice of the 8 selected teams will be decided on the DTT Singles ranking of the Singles players + Average Doubles Ranking of the Doubles players. The players being in remaining teams will then apply to participate to the other teams.
- each team is made of 2 to 4 players with 1 captain (by default, the highest ranked in Singles DTT by default)
- one DTT Davis Cup match will be 5 matches: 4 singles and 1 doubles. At least one member of each team needs to play one match.
- for a team with 2 players, players A and B play Singles and Doubles.
- for a team with 3 players, player A plays 2 Singles and 1 doubles, player B plays 2 singles, player C plays 1 Doubles.
- for a team with 4 players, players A and B play 2 Singles, players C and D play 1 Doubles.
- all these 5 DTT matches are based on picks from the 4 doubles of the Davis Cup QF World Group + 8 matches of Continental Group.
Winner is the one that wins 3 of these 5 DTT matches and is qualified for DTT Davis Cup Semi-Finals which will be played at the time of real Davis Cup SF. Teams qualified for Semi-Finals will be unchanged.
How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every
match! Picks should be sent by PM
, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [DTT: Davis Cup, day #]
. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day
. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. No changes can be made after the play has started.
If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to email@example.com