World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011) - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
smucav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,053
                     
World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

http://www.daviscup.com/en/results/t...ieId=100016189
World Group 1st Round
Date: 04 Mar - 06 Mar 2011
Venue: Dom Sportova, Zagreb, Croatia
Start times:
Day 1: 13.00 hrs (12.00 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 15.00 hrs (14.00 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 12.00 hrs (11.00 hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (RuKortHardTournament MF), Indoor
Ball: Head ATP


Germany leads Croatia 2-1

Last meeting:
2007 World Group 1st Round
Germany d. Croatia 3-2 in Germany

Last edited by smucav; 02-26-2011 at 03:16 PM.
smucav is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered User
 
Yves.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
Posts: 10,060
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Looking forward to this one!
Yves. is online now  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Registered User
 
Baghdatis#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GREECE
Posts: 7,363
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Why all the hype?
Croatia should win pretty comfortably at home if Cilic AND Ljubicic play

Marcos Baghdatis Forever!

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say


Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo79 View Post
He will be fine, Greek boys are taught how to deal with drunk Brit women from an early age, its like a mandatory summer course here.
Baghdatis#1 is offline  
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,830
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghdatis#1 View Post
Why all the hype?
Croatia should win pretty comfortably at home if Cilic AND Ljubicic play
First of all Ljubicic won't play the tie.
And then, have you seen Cilic the last 6 months!? Have you seen his match against Mayer (he lost in straights) at Zagreb a week ago? He also lost in straights against Kohlschreiber in Metz last year (also indoor hard).
And Karlovic is in really bad shape, so Dodig will probably play the 2nd singles and nobody knows how he performs in DC.

And Croatia has no doubles team either We're the favs here imo.

Federer |Söderling |most of the Germans

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 03:19 PM
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32,971
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

IMO it will be a very interesting tie. Cilic is in a big slump, but he still can win matches, we so that against Melzer this week. Dodig is in great form, Karlovic beat Kohlschreiber already this year. Dodig is very good in doubles and if I were Goran Prpic, I'd team him up with Karlovic, they would make a good team. Most probably Cilic and Dodig will play though.
Who is supposed to play for Germany? Kohlschreiber for sure, probably Mayer, but maybe Berrer?


"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,830
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
IMO it will be a very interesting tie. Cilic is in a big slump, but he still can win matches, we so that against Melzer this week. Dodig is in great form, Karlovic beat Kohlschreiber already this year. Dodig is very good in doubles and if I were Goran Prpic, I'd team him up with Karlovic, they would make a good team. Most probably Cilic and Dodig will play though.
Who is supposed to play for Germany? Kohlschreiber for sure, probably Mayer, but maybe Berrer?
Probably Mayer and Kohlschreiber for singles, the 3rd guy will be Kas I assume and then either Berrer or Petzschner as 4th (other guys like Becker, Kamke are out of form).

Federer |Söderling |most of the Germans

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Moderator
 
Ertl93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 22
Posts: 54,948
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Are you sure, that Ljubicic won´t play?

Daniel Brands

Alexander Zverev

Philipp Kohlschreiber
Ertl93 is online now  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,843
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chaz View Post
Probably Mayer and Kohlschreiber for singles, the 3rd guy will be Kas I assume and then either Berrer or Petzschner as 4th (other guys like Becker, Kamke are out of form).
Why Kas? He is even ranked behind Dustin Brown in doubles right now.

Petzschner, Kohlschreiber and Mayer should be clear + one other guy. I guess Kohli to play all three days. Does Berrer want to play this year?
JMG is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,830
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertl93 View Post
Are you sure, that Ljubicic won´t play?
Yes, at least Croatian guys confirmed it in Ljubo's forum.

Why not Petzschner / Kas as doubles team? Would be the best if Kohli and Mayer played singles and Petzschner / Kas the doubles. P/K are a good doubles team and so no one has to play al 3 days.

Federer |Söderling |most of the Germans

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4

Last edited by _Chaz; 02-13-2011 at 08:04 PM.
_Chaz is offline  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Moderator
 
Ertl93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 22
Posts: 54,948
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
Why Kas? He is even ranked behind Dustin Brown in doubles right now.

Petzschner, Kohlschreiber and Mayer should be clear + one other guy. I guess Kohli to play all three days. Does Berrer want to play this year?
Maybe Berrer, he´s so good indoor.

Daniel Brands

Alexander Zverev

Philipp Kohlschreiber
Ertl93 is online now  
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,843
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

No surprises:

Mayer
Kohlschreiber
Petzschner
Kas
JMG is offline  
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 4,701
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Petzschner/Kas shall be an interesting double. But do they know each other? Never heard this combination before. And if I look at the results at the moment it's the right decision. Becker, Kamke and Brown do not win anything at the moment. Possibly Berrer but he also played bad this week.
Mahqz is online now  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,843
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahqz View Post
Petzschner/Kas shall be an interesting double. But do they know each other? Never heard this combination before. And if I look at the results at the moment it's the right decision. Becker, Kamke and Brown do not win anything at the moment. Possibly Berrer but he also played bad this week.
Are you serious? They dominated challengers in 2005-2006, made a US Open quarterfinal later and Stuttgart final last year. They even played WTC for Germany together.
JMG is offline  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:09 PM
country flag JMG
Registered User
 
JMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 24,843
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

I expect Kohlschreiber/Petzschner though. Kas doesn't deserve to play.
JMG is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 4,701
                     
Re: World Group 1R: Germany at Croatia (March 4-6, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
Are you serious? They dominated challengers in 2005-2006, made a US Open quarterfinal later and Stuttgart final last year. They even played WTC for Germany together.
Okay. I'm sorry. Kas was not on my mental list until the end of the last year. As you can see I only follow doubles in the davis cup.
Mahqz is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome