- View Single Post - Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)
View Single Post
post #2427 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM
country flag arm
Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

Originally Posted by star View Post

Hope you feel better soon.

I hope to escape it again this year
I'll be ok soon

Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I got my tickets to the Oscars marathon

Had to deal with a stubborn man at the box office though I go to the box office and wanted a 2 day pass which is $50 for the 9 movies, which is really quite a good deal. So I tell him I want it for the 19th and 20th. There are several days you can choose between. There's like.. an "A" day and a "B" day. And those are the two days that work for me. So he tells me it's $25. I know this is wrong because it's clear he gave me just one day. The ticket prints and it only has the date of the 19th on there. So I tell him, um I need to get the 20th now, thinking he'd just ring me up for the 2nd day, I'd pay another $25 and it would be fine. Except he INSISTED that he was correct. I kept looking at the ticket and I knew it was wrong. So I ended up going back up to him and I was like "Look I'm pretty sure I still need a ticket for the 20th. They aren't going to let me in with a ticket that says the 19th" He made me go inside the theater and talk to a manager of sorts and she understood what I was saying and got it situation, but the guy was just SUCH a pain because he was so sure he was right that he wasn't even LISTENING to me.

I know what happened, and I could even understand what he was looking at in his register without me seeing it. For one day it is $30, but 2 days is $50. Since you can mix and match between several days, there is a 2 day price listed for each day as well. He saw that it was the two day price and thought it was a two day ticket... but arghhhh so frustrating.

At least now I have the tickets

Friday 2/15, Sunday 2/17, Tuesday 2/19 or Thursday 2/21
Beasts of the Southern Wild - 12:00pm
Life of Pi - 1:50pm
Les Miserables - 4:20pm
Amour - 7:20pm
Lincoln - 9:50pm

Saturday 2/16, Monday 2/18 or Wednesday 2/20
Django Unchained - 12:15pm
Silver Linings Playbook - 3:20pm
Zero Dark Thirty - 5:45pm
Argo - 8:45pm

I will probably not stay for Lincoln that first day since I've already seen it and it's SO late.. but we'll see
yay for this!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome