Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vina del Mar R2: Nadal trolls Delbonis in his comeback 6-3, 6-2

15K views 147 replies 88 participants last post by  pepita1964 
#1 ·
Nadal clearly shaking off the rust in the first 3 games. Delbonis had a chance to capitalize off of Nadal's tentative start and was 2 pts away from a double break lead (0-2, 0*-30) but ultimately succumbed to Nadal's aura. After Nadal held, Delbonis proceeded to DF 2 times in a row and it was clear that he was getting nervous. Soon after, Nadal found most of his form and started swinging more confidently. Delbonis did well to keep it as competitive as he did, but after Nadal broke to serve for the 1st, it was basically one way traffic after that.

#2 ·
Vina del Mar R2: Nadal is back!!! routines Delbonis 6-3 6-2

06/02/2013, the day tennis was sparked back into life. The Return of the King :bowdown:

Started off shaky, losing serve. But after that, he looked much better than I expected to be honest. Still some sloppy errors, but can you blame him after 7 months of doing nothing? There were some vintage forehands. We should be in for a glorious season :yeah:

Vamos Rafa, so good to have you back :sobbing:

#10 ·
Re: Vina del Mar R2: Nadal is back!!! routines Delbonis 6-3 6-2

06/02/2013, the day tennis was sparked back into life. The Return of the King :bowdown:

Started off shaky, losing serve. But after that, he looked much better than I expected to be honest. Still some sloppy errors, but can you blame him after 7 months of doing nothing? There were some vintage forehands. We should be in for a glorious season :yeah:

Vamos Rafa, so good to have you back :sobbing:
he was shaky at times, but I agree with you GSMNadal, he was really MUCH much better than I expected. I mean not bad to go 3 and 2 against an ATP player when you've been out of the game for 8 months.

he really began to find his form in the second set. what's great about Nadal is he is so risiliant, he seems like he will be shaking off his rust fairly quickly.

the next few days should be interesting. go Rafa!

P.S. I predicted 6-3 6-2 so cheers!

Reactions: GSMnadal
#4 ·

dull's hair looks fine to me.

#141 ·
Correct.

What ranking has this boy ? Rafa should be ashamed if you ask me, He is number 5 and went to play challenger event where these low ranking players try to make something to survive in this sport.Those players can not even play ATP 500 tournament. Does Rafa have a dignity or whatsoever? He is #5 not #105 what the hell is he doing there ? Looking for money,points or glory ?
:awww:

#14 ·

No way would peak Nadal lose 5 games to Delbonis (who?) on clay. Sad.
Nadal just came from 8 months out of game.... Murray probably wouldn't even be able to beat Delbonis after an 8 month layaway.... :facepalm:

#24 ·

I like how there were more threads opened for Berlocq yesterday than for Rafa today. Vamos.
Of course true GOAT gets more threads than wanna-be clay GOAT.

#19 ·
If Kneedal wins RG this year, I'll be running topless on Umag centre court.

:wavey:
I can't wait to see Mateya's tittays in full glory :drool:

#30 ·
Although I'm a massive Federer fan and not a fan of the style of Rafa's game I have always respected him. And even if Rafa returning to the game will result in more losses for Roger I can honestly admit I missed Rafa these last 7 or 8 months.

Welcome back, champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.