Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas -Congrats to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE!!!!!!

19K views 327 replies 52 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas -Congrats to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE!!!!!!

Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas

What is Tennis Tipping?
In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135174

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:
Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4423014&postcount=1

How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT Dallas, day #] . Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE
If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to ibreak4coffee@gmail.com

See less See more
#289 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Friday OOP Posted - 12pm Deadline (7pm CET)

Huge fail for ALL of us! No one got it right at all!! All comes down to the very final match, obviously! GL to you all!

#292 ·

Not your finest moment finalists :wavey: :haha:
In our defense, they were both surprising results, specially the Dancevic one. Frank was playing awesome tennis this days. He had a day off, today.

With the Blake vs. Robby match I was already expecting a mess like this. Those first 2 sets were almost unreal and quick. The last one was more "normal".

#291 · (Edited)

Saturday OOP

Rhyne WILLIAMS (USA) vs. Robby GINEPRI (USA) SR1 PTS

Please send picks to ibreak4coffee
Deadline to send picks is 6pm Dallas time (1am CET)
Matches count for the second day of a two day final round in both singles and doubles

#304 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Saturday OOP Posted - 6pm Dallas Deadline (1am CET)

Ok, what the hell, I sent my pick. Now it's not in my hands. Let the luckiest team win!

#315 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Saturday OOP Posted - 6pm Dallas Deadline (1am CET)

Good luck to all

Final
Matches Counted: 2
Matches Remaining: 1

00:00 | (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) vs. (2) Mae (USA) (SR 0:0) - Williams vs. Ginepri

Final
Matches Counted: 2
Matches Remaining: 1

00:00 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/USA) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR) (SR 0:0) - Ginepri vs. Williams

#317 ·

Not my choice, but VAAAAAMOOOOOSS RHYNE!!! :cheerleader: :clap2: :bigclap:

#318 ·

I will take this time to thanks all those that played in this TT, Congrats to all the winners, a special thanks to our game manager who did an outstanding job with this TT :D I was mainly watching a much better Match because in that the player I wanted to win did--Vamos Rafa :hearts:

#321 ·

I will take this time to thanks all those that played in this TT, Congrats to all the winners, a special thanks to our game manager who did an outstanding job with this TT :D I was mainly watching a much better Match because in that the player I wanted to win did--Vamos Rafa :hearts:
I second this! Just i prefere to see this match. I was confident of Rafa winning that match easily, so prefere to watch this one. Happy in both match, by the outcome :worship:

Congrats to the great managing, and to all the players, specially the finalists. And Federer in 2 for the singles winning. Also, poor Mae. Coming so far just to lose both finals... That's harsh. Take this, you deserve it :hug:

Big thanks to Joao (aka theKSHE) for this amazing week. I helped in other rounds, but you carried this team in the final, with the pick on Rhyne Williams :worship: My first ever TT tittle! Hope the first of many to come! Tomorrow, already we have a qualifying doubles match in Quimper. I hope we dont have much more of those, at least in CH level, now that we won precious 120 pts. :D

#319 ·

Final
Matches Counted: 3
Matches Remaining: 0

01:00 | (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) vs. (2) Mae (USA) #SRs: 0-0

Final
Matches Counted: 3
Matches Remaining: 0

00:01 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/USA) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR) #SRs: 0-0

#320 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas -Congrats to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE!!

Congratulations to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE on their titles :worship:

Congrats to Mae (x2) and in doubles with Matthew2408 for rebounding from their qualy loss to go all the way to the final :wavey:

Thanks to everyone for playing - hopefully see everyone next year for another great Dallas challenger!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.