Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas -Congrats to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE!!!!!!

19K views 327 replies 52 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas -Congrats to Federer in 2 and Machado & Gil/theKSHE!!!!!!

Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas

What is Tennis Tipping?
In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135174

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:
Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4423014&postcount=1

How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT Dallas, day #] . Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE
If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to ibreak4coffee@gmail.com

See less See more
#262 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Thursday OOP Posted - 10:45am Deadline (5:45pm CET)

Oh well. All comes down to the final and 3rd set... Frank was a break up very early in the 2nd set (*1-0) but didnt capitalize it :sadface:

#265 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Thursday OOP Posted - 10:45am Deadline (5:45pm CET)

Semi-Finals
Matches Counted: 4
Matches Remaining: 0

03:03 | Freshi (GER) vs. (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) #SRs: 0-1
03:03 | (6) Pauchis (ARG) vs. (2) Mae (USA) #SRs: 1-2

Semi-Finals
Matches Counted: 4
Matches Remaining: 0

04:02 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/AUS) vs. nickelS/Dangermouse (RUS/GBR) #SRs: 3-0
04:07 | Freshi/lizzard11120 (GER/AUS) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR) #SRs: 0-3

#266 ·

Final
Matches Counted: 0
Matches Remaining: 3

00:00 | (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) vs. (2) Mae (USA)

Final

00:00 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/AUS) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR)

#267 ·

Friday OOP

Robby GINEPRI (USA) vs. James BLAKE (USA) SR2
Frank DANCEVIC (CAN) vs. Rhyne WILLIAMS (USA) SR3

Please send picks to ibreak4coffee
Deadline to send picks is 12pm Dallas time (7pm CET)
Matches count for the first day of a two day final round in both singles and doubles

#268 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #6a - Dallas - Friday OOP Posted - 12pm Deadline (7pm CET)

Mae has 2 countries. USA when she plays singles, Australia when she plays doubles :D

#269 ·

:haha: Maybe our game manager is tired of me talking about American Tennis players! Or maybe since I made that remark about Levine switching countries he thought he would make me switch countries :lol: Seriously it was probably a typo, but after seeing the OOP I really needed a good laugh anyway!

#270 ·

Meet your singles finalists :)

Qualifier Federer in 2

1. Tell us about yourself
My name is Yoni (short for Jonathan), 18 years old. I'm a fan of Roger Federer , but my 3 faves other than him are David Ferrer, Stanislas Wawrinka and Tommy Haas.
Born and raised in Israel . I've never played tennis professionally but I follow it very closely.
I'm a professional table tennis player . Right now a student (computer science) in university.

2. You've reached the final here in Dallas - what has been key to your success?
Well, I was just doing my best to check the stats of each player and make informed decisions. Can't say I didn't have some favorable differences as well.

3. How well do you know your opponent and what do you expect in the final?
I don't really know Mae well, but the number 2 seeding suggests I'm gonna have a very tough match. Hopefully I can come through.

4. What are your goals for the rest of the TT season?
Well since I'm pretty new, my ranking is too low to qualify to ATP events. My goal is to climb the rankings high enough to be a be to qualify to main draws of ATP events. I think I need to achieve top 100 for that.

5. If you could have dinner with one tennis player, who would it be? And if you could then go out to a bar with another tennis player, who would it be?
Dinner - Roger Federer. Bar - Andy Roddick. (assuming you mean men only)

6. Tel Aviv is one of the world's coolest cities . If the other TT competitors here had only one night there, what you would recommend to do?
Never lived in Tel Aviv so I'm no expert , but it's really mostly about the night life there. I'd probably just find a great place to hang out and spend the evening. It's a fun city. (Manager's Note: The bar and restaurant at the Hotel Montefiore is fantastic :wavey:)

Number 2 Seed Mae

1. Tell us about yourself
Really there isn't much to tell. I have been a member of the Forum since Sept. 2005, but didn't start playing TT until the last part of June of last year.

2. You've reached the final here in Dallas - what has been key to your success?
I'm interested in the success of my partner not in my success at all. He is a very nice person who is so easy to get along with and he just started TT this year. When we first teamed up he had no points in Doubles and my goal was to get his Doubles' ranking started and we have already done that. And now find ourselves in our 2nd Doubles Final. This will be my 6th Doubles Final since I have been playing TT, but I haven't won yet!

3. How well do you know your opponent and what do you expect in the final?
I don't know my opponent at all. And the Final I expect to be a mess because there are just too many American players left in the Tournament! And you never can tell what American tennis players are going to do!

4. What are your goals for the rest of the TT season?
To continue to add to my partner's Doubles points so we can start playing TT together at the ATP Level.

5. If you could have dinner with one tennis player , who would it be? And if you could then go out to a bar with another tennis player , who would it be?
I would go to dinner with Andy Murray and then go to the bar with Rafa

6. Any parting thoughts for the rest of the competitors from this challenger this week?
Everyone has been really great and I have really enjoyed this TT. I wish all of them the best of luck in the future. You are a wonderful TT game manager and I wish you had the time to do more TTs!

#271 ·

Final

00:00 | (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) vs. (2) Mae (USA) - Same Winners; SR Differences: None

Final

00:00 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/USA) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR) - Same Winners; SR Differences: Blake 2-1 v. Blake 2-0, Dancevic 2-0 +2 v. Dancevic 2-1 +2

#278 ·

Yes! Williams wins a set!6-4 4-6 Now you can (and should!) win it Frank :p

#286 ·

I wanted Frank to win 2-1, for TT purposes, but tbh, Rhyne was the more attacking player and hit some crazy dropshopts, plus his serve can be very good. Deserved the win.

#287 ·

oh boy! Picked Blake in 2 and seems he is going to win, but unfortunally in 3. My mistake, partner. Hard job for tomorrow... :sadface:

#288 ·

Final
Matches Counted: 2
Matches Remaining: 1

00:00 | (Q) Federer in 2 (ISR) vs. (2) Mae (USA) #SRs: 0-0

Final
Matches Counted: 2
Matches Remaining: 1

00:00 | (LL) Matthew2408/Mae (GBR/USA) vs. Machado & Gil/theKSHE (POR/POR) #SRs: 0-0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.