- View Single Post - 33 combined slams vs 1 - does Murray have the right to be in a "big four"?
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
country flag viruzzz
Re: 33 combined slams vs 1 - does Murray have the right to be in a "big four"?

Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
It's not about Slam titles, it's about competitiveness.

For a long time those four players have been well above the rest of the pack. I mean, there are pretty much 4 'big' tournament types in tennis that (if fit) all the top players will be there and want to win - Slams, Masters, YECs and Olympics. If you visually represent how many of those each player has won in the last 4 years you get this:

15 - Nadal
14 - Djokovic

8 - Murray

6 - Federer

2 - Davydenko
1 - Soderling, Ferrer, Del Potro, Lubijic
Sorry, what?
Since 2009 Fed won 4 slams, 7 masters and 2 YEC, I don't know where you got that "6" number. I count 13.
Nadal won 6 slams and 9 masters. 15, right.
Djokovic won 4 slams, 9 masters and 1 YEC, 14, right.
And Murray, in the other hand has, 1 slam, 1 Olympic gold and 6 masters, again, right 8.

Yes, Murray dominated with the other 3 players, nobody can't deny that, but we should concur Murray was way below these 3 players.

Since Federer (the one who won less of the 3) has 13 "big" titles, not 6, and Andy has 8, we find a difference of 5 titles.

It's a big difference, considering between Fed and Nadal there are 2 titles and they are the players who won the most.

But if we go to "bigger" titles, the number is really different 6 - 4 - 4 - 1.

I think ATM, yes, based on actual level, yes, Murray is one of the big 4, one of the players the oponnents fear the most, but still, he has a really long way if he wants to be remembered the same way as the other big 4. I think we can still talk about "big 3" players nowadays.

But of course, Murray can also be starting his best part of his career and win a lot of slams and "big titles".

Ah, appeal moderation? Wanna know what appeal moderation did to me?
Take a good long stare, you know you want to.
You're not even man enough to look at my face.

Appeal moderation isn't pretty, you have to watch your friends go to dust.
Appeal moderation is always hungry for your soul and sweet emotions.

First and once godly-worhispped appeal moderator.
(Actually 2nd)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome