Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

160K views 5K replies 29 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
So many posts, we went through that last one so fast :D

New chat thread :rocker:

#1,555 ·
No. :lol: That would be a rather trivial thing to base a judgement of a film upon. :D

I just feel that they didn't explore all the areas of Lincoln's personality. For instance, there was hardly anything with regards to the strong evidence that he was a racist. I believe, and understand why, this film was made to cater for twenty-first century Americans, and how they want to view Lincoln. I believe it isn't accurate, or at least displaying the full picture.

It's an interesting and thought provoking piece of cinema, nonetheless. :hatoff:

#1,557 ·
No. :lol: That would be a rather trivial thing to base a judgement of a film upon. :D

I just feel that they didn't explore all the areas of Lincoln's personality. For instance, there was hardly anything with regards to the strong evidence that he was a racist. I believe, and understand why, this film was made to cater for twenty-first century Americans, and how they want to view Lincoln. I believe it isn't accurate, or at least displaying the full picture.

It's an interesting and thought provoking piece of cinema, nonetheless. :hatoff:
From an outsiders´ position, I dare say you are right. More specifically, it seems that the US is perhaps even more divided than in those days (hyperbole, but still). Lincoln is one of the few people that is unanimously loved and appreciated. A hagiographical account that glosses over his most negative sides is to be expected then in such a period(although I did find quite a bit of nuance in the portrayal of Lincoln by Daniel Day-Lewis. Then again, DDL is a great actor, so that´s not surprising).

#1,577 ·
well now you know what to get me for my bd THIS year

gmail, i want to tell you about the 30 for 30 i watched tonight :bigcry:

#1,599 ·
Yes, I know all that, I did my research :) I would like to have a bit of a buffer though, seeing as I´m teetering awfully close to the 0 on my bank account. Besides, I was thinking of doing the Camino Frances, which costs quite a bit more time (and money) than the Portuguese one.

Regarding film night: I suggest we pick dates in the same spontaneous manner we did right now. Nothing can suck the fun out of these things like setting a fixed date/day of the week/day of the month; it would start feeling like a chore then. So if someone comes across a good film, let it know :)

#1,602 ·
Yes, I know all that, I did my research :) I would like to have a bit of a buffer though, seeing as I´m teetering awfully close to the 0 on my bank account. Besides, I was thinking of doing the Camino Frances, which costs quite a bit more time (and money) than the Portuguese one.

Regarding film night: I suggest we pick dates in the same spontaneous manner we did right now. Nothing can suck the fun out of these things like setting a fixed date; it would start feeling like a chore then.
I am not doing the Portuguese way! :p I am doing the one that starts close to my hometown!

We can do another film night whenever we feel like doing one. :D Which I am sure will be soon enough. :lol: The hardest part will be picking the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.