Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

159K views 5K replies 29 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
So many posts, we went through that last one so fast :D

New chat thread :rocker:

#1,541 ·
I think people shoul have a grasp of world history. I have a better understanding of English history than other European history. Probably French Russian and German in that order. I like Chinese history a lot but it is quite a task. I'm really ignorant of Indian history except for colonial history. I read history all the tie but I'm not sure how much sticks in my head. I need quizzes after each book. :p

Watch the Ken Burns series The Civil War.

There are even black people in it. Women too.

#1,549 ·
Agreed. Yet I must say that the dialogue, the very real way in which human emotion was portrayed in this film is what I liked most about it. I think I might rewatch once I´ve read up on the historical background of this period.

Medieval history has always been my favorite. But now in my latter years I have done more reading in u.s.history. As a student I never liked the civil war or anything after 1815. I did have a morbid fascination with the holocaust so I read every thing available there. Now I will read nearly anything I can find about anything. Books about wwII and the civil war are more plentiful. There are some great biographies on Catherine and Peter the great out now. I liked the Catherine one best.
Tsarist Russia, can´t go wrong with that :D My own tastes are rather similar to yours I must say, minus the penchant for US history. Did your fascination for the holocaust simply fizzle out because you were over-satiated with books on the subject or were there other reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.