Mens Tennis Forums banner

Has Tennis won this year?

3K views 53 replies 36 participants last post by  001 
#1 ·
I know for many on mugstennisforums, the focus is not on the individual player but tennis.

So how has tennis fared this year?

Did tennis win when Murray won his first grand slam in US 2012 (answer = yes)?
Has Jerzy Janowicz saved tennis in Paris?
Did Nishikori beating Raonic save tennis?
Has tennis lost or gained by Nadal's injuries? Did Rosol save or lose tennis?
etc

#3 ·
Did tennis win when Murray won his first grand slam in US 2012 (answer = yes)?
Has Jerzy Janowicz saved tennis in Paris?
Did Nishikori beating Raonic save tennis?
Has tennis lost or gained by Nadal's injuries? Did Rosol save or lose tennis?
etc
No
Yes
Yes
Yes;Yes

4-1 = Tennis wins.

#4 ·
1-No, it lost.

2-No, he might if he wins tomorrow though.

3-No, Nishikori winning is always glorious for tennis, but Raonic winning wouldn't have been bad for tennis either.

4-It has lost.

#5 ·
Tennis wins every year it exists. Don't get it twisted.

#9 ·
1) Yes
2) No, he needs to beat Ferrer.
3) Yes
4) Neutral; Rosol saved tennis, but losing Nadal for a while is a bad thing (even if he would have ended up a non-issue at the USO).

So yes, tennis has won, but truly, Ferrer needs to lose tomorrow to really cement it.

#10 ·
1) I don't like Murray but maybe he deserved it after the Olympics. If Ferrero and Roddick won a slam why not Murray
2) Tennis can't be saved only by 1 player's fluke run. Even if he wins the title it's still kind of same. But it's always good to see some fresh air in the tour and a young gun coming out of nowhere. If he'll keep that level or not it's to be seen next year
3) Youngster vs youngster, more talented guy beat the serve-bot so yes
4) Tennis can't win if Nadal is injured. Not even if you're a hater

#13 ·
Tennis can't win if Nadal is injured. Not even if you're a hater
I think post-Rosol has been awesome and I won't give too much of a crap if he doesn't ever return :shrug: Shoot me. After RG tennis never seemed in such a disillusion. Now it's on the way out of the doldrums (with plenty of work still to do of course)

#14 ·
FYI the correct answers are:

Yes
Yes
Yes
Tennis lost; tennis gained

Give yourself a mark out of 5.

#19 ·
It's no coincidence it's Murray and Federer fans that are more happy Nadal is out. Nole fans aren't happy or are neutral about it. Maybe it's because they know their man is the real #1. And Murray fans, they know Murray is not a true elite player, so whatever happens to open the playing field for their man is a good thing for them. They have no confidence in Murray's game.

#28 ·
Caroline Wozniacki participated in a photoshoot this year, which featured her in her underwear and sexy poses, tennis definitely won IMO despite Windray upsetting No2e for some MM tournament I already forgot about.

#29 ·
Caroline Wozniacki participated in a photoshoot this year, which featured her in her underwear and sexy poses
Good for the game. Fucking amazing for the game.

#31 ·
querrey won two matches in a row, muger frauderer won a slam, amd berdych fluked his way to a slam semi final, so tennis was definitely on life support for a while

however, murray and djokovic have delivered the adrenaline which will kick start the heart of tennis

#32 ·
- Weak era stars Nadal and Grindovic crying and threatening to pull out of Madrid's beautiful blue clay court tournament
- Nadal vulturing the rest of the clay court season
- Rainfael halting the Nole slam with complaining and delays
- David overrated Nalbandian violently hurting refs
- Ball-bashing nobody with 2 career wins on grass makes a mockery of this weak era by beating former champ Nadal
- Wimbledon played on fake grass courts, Djokovic sick in the semis, allowing Indoorserer to serve bot and big nose his way to another fake grand slam
- Rainovic vulturing his way to the Toronto Masters
- Tiredovic allowing himself to get bagled by crippled old man/computer no. 1
- Muzz pushing his way to a grand slam in one of the most disgusting major finals of all time
- Top 8 outright quitting and tanking the end of the season

No, tennis has not won this year, not by a longshot.

#34 ·
If only Fairyrer had more luck, he'd be ever so cute. The world is full of unfair rules which prevented him from living the good life.
Why are there better top 5 opponents?
When will the Davis Cup event & Hawkeye challenge system get eradicated?
Why do Fairyrer's quiet insults to Slam conquerers get media attention?

#37 ·
It was a more interesting year than 2011, when Djokovic killed everyone. I like that there are 4 different slam winners, though I don't like that they are all from the top 4. As I've said before, I am done with the domination game by these guys, they should lose more often to make the tour more interesting.

I like Janowicz' run alot, I hope he not only goes on to win it, but also inspires other youngsters to join the rebellion.

#38 ·
1. A new slam winner was good for tennis. That it happened to be Murray was not good but oh well. 0,5p to tennis
2. Yes JJ has saved tennis in Paris. His playing style is a fresh breath of air to tennis. 1p to tennis
3. No Nishikori beating Raonic did nothing for tennis. But Nishi facing Raonic for a title was good for tennis. 0,5p to tennis
4. Yes what Rosol did was good for tennis. Nadal's injuries aren't good for tennis though. Much better when he plays and get roasted. 1p-1p=0p

3p to tennis total. But now comes the real test today.

Ferrer winning over JJ? 1p for new M1000 winner. -2p for vulturing. -1p for style

JJ winning: 1p for new M1000 winner, 5p for qualifier surprise victory, -2p for being hacker

So tennis either ends up with 1 point or 7 points. If JJ wins not even a shitty WTF can cause Tennis to lose. But if Ferrer wins and WTF goes bad well who knows, Tennis might end the year on minus. Then Bye better play good in 2013 to pay off the debts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.