Mens Tennis Forums banner

*********** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - ROG is the Runner-Up ***********

34K views 747 replies 43 participants last post by  Litotes 
#1 · (Edited)
Roger has draw Ferrer, Del Potro and Tipsarevic in his RR!

I expect him to go 3-0 although JMDP has caused few problems, even last week in Basel, but on such a big occasion, we all expect roger to rise to revenge! :devil:

Good good luck Roger!! I will see his second match live!

I can't wait, lets go guys!!!

HOPPP ROG!

#79 ·
Re: **************** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - RR Vs Tipsarevic - ************

So Roger will play

Tueday, Thurs, Sat as Round Robin

Semis on Sunday

Final on Monday?

3 consecutive matches...could be tough!

#85 ·
Re: **************** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - RR Vs Tipsarevic - ************

So Roger will play

Tueday, Thurs, Sat as Round Robin

Semis on Sunday

Final on Monday?

3 consecutive matches...could be tough!
:mad: So basically the winners of group b are screwed. great :rolleyes:

well I will not worry about that now

GO ROGER :cheerleader: against Tipsy!

And to everyone here going to the o2, have a great time :)

#80 ·

The best scenario for Federer is that at the SF Delpo arrives at the final and Roger at the SF against beats Tsonga.
If I'd love to see Roger - Jo in the final like last year it means Roger has to play Nole/Angy or Berdych in the SF and a tired Berdych is not so bed or not?

Of course Roger needs to find his fit and best tennis.
Obviously in tennis never nothing is said so let's simply taste what Roger is going to do.

#87 ·

I got Roger's autograph!! I'm so excited that I can't focus on the doubles match happening right now. All I can think about is roger!!!! He's so handsome in person. :hearts:

#100 ·

he started getting warm in the end, I hope he will get an evening session, he usually plays better in the evening :lol:
I didn't notice he was feeling warm. It's indoor so there is not a lot of difference between day and night session. I think it is being heated but also the public get hotter the environment with their bodies and with their breath so in the end it's normal to be hotter.
This year Roger managed to play great matches in the day and made some disasters in the night sessions. Let's the luck play and dicede his best.

#99 ·

Today Roger was sublime. He needs more 1 serve in. In the 2ond set he was faster on the movement and his piece of the rallies was fast

#101 ·

This match was so good live. The support that he got from the crowd was pretty incredible to witness in person (albeit probably annoying for the few non-Federer fans there :lol:) and more importantly, watching him play tennis live is just a whole other experience. The amazing shots that he produces, especially off the forehand side, look incredible on TV but they are absolutely mind-blowing in person. I don't think I exaggerate that much when I say that watching him hit a perfect forehand winner (or just a perfect forehand, really) makes me feel incredibly happy and thankful to be alive. His great performance, coupled with getting his autograph earlier on and seeing him up close, have made my day absolutely wonderful. :hearts: I still can't stop smiling! I really hope he makes the final and wins the tournament; I have a ticket to the final
and it would be so so so wonderful to see him lift the trophy.

#106 ·

This match was so good live. The support that he got from the crowd was pretty incredible to witness in person (albeit probably annoying for the few non-Federer fans there :lol:) and more importantly, watching him play tennis live is just a whole other experience. The amazing shots that he produces, especially off the forehand side, look incredible on TV but they are absolutely mind-blowing in person. I don't think I exaggerate that much when I say that watching him hit a perfect forehand winner (or just a perfect forehand, really) makes me feel incredibly happy and thankful to be alive. His great performance, coupled with getting his autograph earlier on and seeing him up close, have made my day absolutely wonderful. :hearts: I still can't stop smiling! I really hope he makes the final and wins the tournament; I have a ticket to the final
and it would be so so so wonderful to see him lift the trophy.
Thanks for your report :)
I can totally relate to your emotions. It's just magic to see Roger playing and feeling the love and respect he gets from the crowd.
I already feel proud whenever Roger enters the court and gets introduced. Listening to all his achievements is so special :)
Even on a bad day Roger still produces shots you won't see from other players but of course it's even more pleasant when his game is on for the whole match.

Congratulations for getting his autograph :yeah: Did you already got one before? What did Roger sign for you if you don't mind me to ask?

For all those like me who haven't been able to watch the match and of course for all those who want to see it again:

#102 ·

Amazing tripwires! Sounds like you have a Memorial Day! I will see Roger live on Thursday! I can't wait! Congrats for the easy win !

#109 ·
Re: **************** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - RR def. Tipsarevic 63 61*******

Amazing tripwires! Sounds like you have a Memorial Day! I will see Roger live on Thursday! I can't wait! Congrats for the easy win !
It will be amazing! Try to catch his practice session if you can. That was how I got his autograph. :D I really want a photo with him!

@ tripwires, I absolutely agree on seeing Roger live gives 900% of his beauty of game and you can appreciate how he moves and ho explosive are his legs - thing that on TV you can't do. And last but not least his charm live is more magnetic and wonderful.

I was lucky to watch one his match and to appreciate all those things - staying in the hotel and the tickets for the CC during all the tournament was tough. You have to stay at least 4-5 days out.
I just love seeing him whip his forehand in person. :hearts: It's amazing watching other players live too but there's just something special about Roger. :inlove:

Yeah it was quite tough going to the Australian Open. Luckily I'm living in London at the moment so I can just go to the O2 and come back to my hall after that. :)

About the next match of Roger - he's playing the winner of tonight in the day session on Thursday.
How do you know he's playing in the day? I really hope he gets the night session as I have an important class from 11 to 1 that I would really like to not miss. I skipped my classes today to watch him. It was worth it of course, but Thurday's class is difficult and I would like to not skip it. :sad:

Thanks for your report :)
I can totally relate to your emotions. It's just magic to see Roger playing and feeling the love and respect he gets from the crowd.
I already feel proud whenever Roger enters the court and gets introduced. Listening to all his achievements is so special :)
Even on a bad day Roger still produces shots you won't see from other players but of course it's even more pleasant when his game is on for the whole match.
Yes. :hearts: great thing was that right before each singles match they broadcast this short video of the history of the WTF, and the crowd always cheered at the part about Roger winning a record-breaking 6th WTF title last year. :D I was at both matches on Monday and that happened as well. I feel proud as well even though it's totally irrational. :p

Congratulations for getting his autograph :yeah: Did you already got one before? What did Roger sign for you if you don't mind me to ask?
It was my first which is why I was - and still am - so excited! It was my first time going to his practice session too and I was really lucky that I was in the right part of the stadium. The RE couriers from RF.com was just to my left so I was pretty confident that he would come to my side. :D I got him to sign this picture of him that I took at the Australian Open this year when I watched him beat Qualifier, so that's extra special for me. :) I was so relieved when I saw that he had a marker with him 'cause I don't have a marker and I was worried that he wouldn't be able to sign my picture!

How many autographs have you got already? :p

For all those like me who haven't been able to watch the match and of course for all those who want to see it again:
Thanks!!! I need to download this match and keep it forever. :hearts:

#103 ·
Re: **************** Barclays ATP World Tour Finals - RR def. Tipsarevic 63 61*******

@ tripwires, I absolutely agree on seeing Roger live gives 900% of his beauty of game and you can appreciate how he moves and ho explosive are his legs - thing that on TV you can't do. And last but not least his charm live is more magnetic and wonderful.

I was lucky to watch one his match and to appreciate all those things - staying in the hotel and the tickets for the CC during all the tournament was tough. You have to stay at least 4-5 days out.

@ Rogieva - have fun on Thursday.

About the next match of Roger - he's playing the winner of tonight in the day session on Thursday.

#107 ·

Oh mlrf11, thanks for the info.

I'd like to see him player Ferrer, as he's probably gonna win and I'd hate to see him for the first time live and for him to lose.

But against JMDP may be a better match, but less chance of winning. We will see!

#112 ·

I saw on viagogo that it will indeed be the afternoon session, sorry for tripwires I sympathize :sad:

I just read on a French website ( http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp-finals/58161-federer-ce-n-est-pas-fini ) that in his press conference yesterday, Fed apparently said :

"the people's love is probably one of the reasons which press me to keep on. Undoubtedly they inspire and motivate me, without them I would maybe not be here anymore" :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.