Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Raonic in 2

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Raonic in 3

Votes: 8 14.5%

WWW Tokyo SF: [1] Murray vs. [6] Raonic

4K views 50 replies 33 participants last post by  GSMnadal 
#1 ·
H2H is 1-1, 1-0 for Murray on hard court, with him winning their most recent match at the USO in straight sets.

#3 ·
Well...he's already done it once before. Admittedly, that was a Murray in a completely different state of mind with a passive game.

I think the faster surface here will definitely help Milos' serve and thus his chances (as opposed to the slow Arthur Ashe court last month), but it's hard to see anybody beating Murray right now.

#51 ·
I don't see how Raonic can win this. Injury is his best hope here. GoatReturnray is an awful match up for any servebot.
Andy should win if he plays anywhere near 80%. His game is just too good and too varied for someone as one-dimensional as Raonic.

Andy can win if he plays badly, but Raonic HAS to be near his best to win (and that's assuming Andy is mediocre). If Andy's playing well, Raonic will NOT win.
Ha-Ha! Oh...and the obligatory Sapeod style emoticon -> :wavey:

#8 ·
Gotta be Majoray, NID, most likely in 2, could go 3 though.

#10 ·
Andy in straight sets, he is just tough match-up for Raonic, the same was with Karlovic, but Milos has much more game besides serve than Ivo, but still USO was nice example how it will goes, maybe Milos can do better this time, but he will have chances to take Milos´s serve for sure, maybe Milos can take him to tie-break, but that´s it. Andy in 2 sets.

#11 ·
Raonic, something like 7-6 2-6 7-6.

#16 ·
The Dumblane Dynamo will fell the lumberjack in 2 easy sets. Why he has even bothered to fight for this title is beyond me :shrug:

#22 ·
Would be awesome if Milos won this, a part of me is cheering for him.

#24 ·
Hopefully Milos as he'd be an easier opponent for Kei in the final (assuming Kei gets there).

Probably Murray though, more complete game and all. Milos needs to serve great and have a great day off the ground to have a chance to win.

#29 ·
Andy should win if he plays anywhere near 80%. His game is just too good and too varied for someone as one-dimensional as Raonic.

Andy can win if he plays badly, but Raonic HAS to be near his best to win (and that's assuming Andy is mediocre). If Andy's playing well, Raonic will NOT win.

#32 ·
Raonic will hit more aces and winners, have higher % of 1st serve and take more points at net. What does it mean? Yep, still Murray in 2. :rolleyes:

Though I hope it will be real match, I`ll get up at 6 AM for this, but on the paper it should be relatively easy day for Slamray.

#33 ·
Andy Murray has statistically the best returner ever on hard

Is this true??

#35 ·
It's true, Andy is a returnbot. His career hasn't ended yet, so he still has time to fix that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.