Mens Tennis Forums banner

The NEW, improved STRONGAWAGON - Oh right, I was gonna upload this title

42K views 345 replies 45 participants last post by  JoWilly 
#1 · (Edited)
New year.
The first title came in the 2nd month, when Jo won Marseille by defeating Tomas Berdych in the final 3-6 7-6(6) 6-4

ALLEZ, JO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys. I have decided to create a brand new thread about the StrongaWagon. Who needs to be revived like in the good-old times.
2011... A year of surprises. Tsonga getting strong again, putting the so called "Duopoly" under his strong arm and punching 'em like Ali.

The Ali of tennis is back. He's just a deserved top 10 again, 2011 is the new 2008.
He's the only player that the "big 4" fear.
He's the only one who can stop the non-slam-france.

He's waving the french flag again, and this time, there's no mercy.

They fear him... And they're right doing it.

See less See more
#309 ·
I thought his BH and ROS were improving under Roger Rasheed (well hopefully once learned, he doesn't need him anymore). But on the other hand his training regime might be excessive and may have been the cause of his injury. I'm torn on this issue.

#310 ·
Rasheed confirmed the split on radio today. He said the reason given to him by Tsonga was the language barrier which Rasheed was suprised about. Regardless he said he appreciated Tonga's honesty so the split was pretty amicable.

#311 ·
They split cause language barrier that is odd cause Tsonga IMO can speak English well anyway, I wonder who going too be his new coach or is he going too get an new coach I hoping he does

#314 ·
Not sure about the racquet - but his movement looks pretty good. 1st set to Tsonga, 6-3

#316 ·
Lost in the Finals :sad: he seem to be still rusty and it his first event back from his injury so a final is good start hopefully he can win an another title before the year over but I think he need a coach since he not with Roger

#317 ·
Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships

His Draw tough one

(7) Kevin Anderson (RSA) vs. (Q)
(Q) vs. Dmitry Tursunov (RUS)
Michael Llodra (FRA) vs. Jeremy Chardy (FRA)
(WC) Go Soeda (JPN) vs. (3) Milos Raonic (CAN)
(5) Gilles Simon (FRA) vs. Marcel Granollers (ESP)
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) vs. Juan Monaco (ARG)
(WC) Yuichi Sugita (JPN) vs. Ivan Dodig (CRO)
Gael Monfils (FRA) vs. (2) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)

#319 ·
Tokyo. R1 - JWT d. Gael Monfils, 6-3, 7-6

I couldn't watch the match... did anyone see it? Looks like a fairly comfortable win from the score. Good start from Jo.

#320 ·
lost in the second round Ivan Dodig (CRO) d Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 6-4,7-6(5), I hoping was really he make an QF-SF but he just coming back form his injury and he still rusty and his knee has not recover 100%. I hoping through he get an coach soon

#321 ·
Next he playing Shanghai Rolex Masters, Erste Bank Open, BNP Paribas Masters will be his last events before the season over. I hope he can win one of these events before the end of the year.

#322 ·
from twitter

Tsonga admits in l'Equipe he didn't go all out against Dodig: I'm subconsciously afraid of my knee, play with the brakes on.
Answering the question, "why play" Tsonga answers: Because the knee's improving. Stopping for 5 months at this point made no sense
Tsonga wants the best possible seeding at the AO

#323 ·
Draw Shanghai Rolex Masters

Ferrer [3] vs Bye
Benneteau vs Rosol
Wu [WC] vs Mayer
Paire vs Simon [13]
Nishikori [12] vs Dimitrov
Melzer vs Dodig
Youzhny vs Andujar
Bye vs Tsonga [7]

#325 ·
Great match from Jo against Mayer. Forehand was on fire today. Had 2 DFs and 0:40 while serving for the match, but he hold in the end.

Also nice tweener, which Flo then hit into the net. He had his left hand in his pocket during the shot, then he sat down for the changeover and started singing :worship:

He now is a little bit in front of Gasquet and very close behind Federer in the race for London.

Next stop in Shanghai some guy from Serbia. :angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsQ5upU5vfA

#327 ·
Yeah I Notice that as well it seem like the racket has been doing him good as well with his result lately on his comeback. here an article about the racket

Babolat launches the new Babolat Pure Strike

Babolat launches the new tennis racket Babolat Pure Strike

# Strikefirst - Accuracy and reactivity plays in advance with the new Babolat racket

Tennis is in constant evolution and innovation for Babolat tennis players, observing the game. Babolat offers a brand new model of racket, Babolat Pure Strike , born from the research and collaboration with the tennis is designed for the "first striker", or for those who hit the ball right after the bounce. Playing most of attack, this racquet gives their responsiveness and precision, thanks to a hybrid structure of the frame (partly square and partly elliptical) and specific technologies. The racket Babolat Pure Strike will be available in stores from 1 December 2013.

Two profiles of player

Babolat brand specializing in tennis, he noticed that most of the tennis players, today, preferably plays from the baseline. They differ, therefore, two profiles of players, because of their position on the line at the time of hitting the ball: the " puncher ", which strike the ball at the top of the bounce, standing behind the end line, and the" first striker " , who have a game and led the advance quickly hit the ball.

Babolat Pure Strike : the racket for the "first striker"

The " first striker "play especially within the field, hitting in advance, quickly, with the ball still in the ascent from the rebound, and use the speed given to the ball by the opponent to generate power. Therefore need a racquet that is reactive precise because they use every part of the field to displace the opponent and take advantage. And 'they who turns the racket Babolat Pure Strike .
"With the new hybrid structure of the frame (partly square and partly elliptical), the racket Babolat Pure Strike offers more responsive to the impact with the ball than any other segment of the same racket. The
" first striker "you will find the perfect balance between responsiveness and precision," says Gael Moureaux, Product Manager at Babolat.

Between technology and know-how

In addition to the models of rackets have become the best-selling world, Babolat Pure Drive, Babolat AeroPro Drive and Babolat Pure Storm, Babolat has today developed a new benchmark for the industry, with advanced design: the union of carbon gray and innovative fluorescent red.
Definitely looks to the future, Babolat Pure Strike integrates technologies developed to promote responsiveness and precision.

The range Babolat Pure Strike

That each "first striker" you can find the racket perfectly suited to his game, Babolat offers 4 variation of Pure Strike :

Babolat Pure Strike 18 x20
Ideal for players using every corner of the field to displace the opponent, this racquet offers the utmost precision thanks to the stringing plane of 18 x 20.
Headsize: 630 cm ² / Weight: 305 g
Suggested Retail Price : € 189.95 (without stringing)

Babolat Pure Strike 16 x 19
Power and effects of ball for players that use the speed given to the ball by the opponent, thanks to a plan of stringing 16 x 19. Available from May 2014. Headsize: 630 cm ² / Weight: 305 g Recommended retail price: € 189.95 (without stringing)

Babolat Pure Strike Tour
Heavier, this model is designed for athletes who play in advance, hitting the ball immediately after the bounce.
stringing Plan 18 x 20
Head size: 630 cm ² / Weight: 320 g
Recommended retail price: 199, € 95 (without stringing)
Babolat Pure Strike 100
For players looking for a lighter racket for better handling, with a larger oval for greater tolerance.
stringing Plan 16 x 19
Head size: 645 cm ² / Weight: 290 g
Recommended retail price: 179 , 95 € (without stringing)

About Babolat
Founded in 1875 in Lyon (France), Babolat is the oldest international company specialized in tennis. Babolat is today number 1 in sales of shoes in the United States, Japan and Europe. French-owned family business for over 5 generations, Babolat is today a brand of great innovative capacity in the field of tennis, and offers all fans of tennis complete technical equipment: racquets, strings, shoes, balls, bags, apparel, accessories . Babolat provides strings and racquets for numerous professionals including Rafael Nadal (SPA), Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA), Li Na (CIN), Sam Stosur (AUS), Agnieska Radwanska (POL), Nadia Petrova (RUS) Alize Cornet (FRA) Sam Stosur (AUS), Agnieska Radwanska (POL), Nadia Petrova (RUS), Alize Cornet (FRA) (the last two are also using Babolat shoes).
* (Sources: No. 1 in value in the U.S., specialized journals, TIA / SMS, January agoste 2013 / Japan Yano Reasearch Institute, year 2012 / No. 1 in value in Europe: SMS, year 2012)

#328 ·
well.. he fought back in the second set today, but it was too late. His first serve let him down in the beginning and in the end of the match. He needs to concentrate more right from the start. Sometimes he forgets the score during a match, wants to play on, when it is a changeover etc.. :eek:

His backhand is much, much better though and he moves quite well. Here and there he showed some great defense skills. Let's see what he can do in the last tournaments of 2013. So far one final and a SF in a Masters 1000 event isn't too bad in his situation.

#329 ·
His Draw to Erste Bank Open

[1] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA - BYE
Daniel Brands GER - Andreas Haider-Maurer AUT
Dominic Thiem AUT - Daniel Gimeno-Traver ESP
Marinko Matosevic AUS - [6] Gael Monfils FRA

#330 ·
Another match, what makes me angry.

Against Brands and Thiem, he clearly didn't serve full force, when he was losing the set... it was a lot of kick serve around 160/170km/h..

Now his knee is bandaged and he served around 130km/h/140km/h and only tried towards the end of the second set ....

He has no one who tells him what to do. Withdraw from Vienna, just play Bercy or what ever...

Waw SUI 3150 - - - - -
Fed SUI 3145 - - - - -
Tso FRA 3055 - - Lost in Vienna SF
Gas FRA 3020 - Moscow F - 3120 3120

So. It is between him and Gasquet for the last spot to London.

London is not a necessity... He already missed the second week of Wimby and the whole north american tournaments.

Just rest and get fit again for 2014.

#331 ·
Sad he lost in the SF but you can tell he still not 100% recover I think he should end his season as well and recover & find a coach but he seem like he wanna make WTF

#332 ·
His Draw Tough one Maybe some in her Draw will pull out If Not I hoping he can at least make an QF

2013 BNP Paribas Masters

(1)Rafael Nadal bye
Dmitry Tursunov vs Marcel Granollers
Adrian Mannarino vs Q
(14) Jerzy Janowicz bye
(9)Richard Gasquet (FRA) bye
Ernests Gulbis vs Fernando Verdasco
Kei Nishikori vs Julien Benneteau
(8)Jo-Wilfried Tsonga bye

#333 ·

Tsonga with his new coaches today in Paris, Nicolas Escude & Thierry Ascione
Tsonga announces in Bercy he'll be coached by Nicolas Escudé & Thierry Ascione who also work w/Nicolas Mahut
After split with Roger Rasheed, Jo #Tsonga announces he'll share coaches with Nicolas Mahut: ex players Nicolas Escudé & Thierry Ascione

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.