- View Single Post - Question about the Lifetime membership
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
country flag Nekromanta
Question about the Lifetime membership

Ok so I'm ignorant about this whole lifetime membership thing so I would like the dear mod team to enlighten me about it. This is what I posted yesterday in the wrong section of the forum. Maybe it's full of erroneous speculation so please point out where I'm wrong and why. Thanks for your patience and wisdom:

Nekromanta:" Ok so let's discuss this... I make an internet forum and offer a "product" or service called Premium, LIFETIME membership for 25$. Then I pocket the money and simply ban the user permanently. Seriously, what kind of procedure is that? Ban the member for months, years, but permanently? If you're a serious, professional person, you have to give back the $ if you ban him permanently. The idea for this topic arose in connection with the Clay Death ban. Seriously people, in his case the LIFETIME membership was a big disadvantage. Did anybody warn him he could get permabanned, that is, cheated out of his money and screwed over? Does "lifetime member" in reality mean permanently banned member for a lifetime? It's especially painful because the victim of this financial and moral crime is my friend CD. (Of course I take that all back about the theft if he DID get his money back, got warned about the possible permaban, etc.) CD is good natured guy who's almost like a child, I'm going to miss him posting his pelican and boat pictures."

Also, it's never too late to reconsider unbanning Clay Death. I know there has been precedent for something like that and it would make many good people on the forum happy.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome