Mens Tennis Forums banner

Roddick injured since Eastbourne

3K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  andylovesaustin 
#1 ·
Based on this interview he has been laboring a shoulder injury for a while now since Eastbourne. he dropped his racquet by 10 pounds.

Q. How is your shoulder?

ANDY RODDICK: Shoulder's okay. You know, whatever.

Q. When you woke up yesterday...

ANDY RODDICK: It's not great. But, you know, it's good enough. I got max a week of tennis left, so it's good enough for that.

Q. Loosening the tension?

ANDY RODDICK: Yea I loosened it. The day before I played Eastbourne, I dropped my racquet 10 pounds just so I could get a little sling action in it and help the old Hamburger Helper here

Q. The Hamburger Helper, are you going to need surgery or rest when this is all said and done?

ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. A lot of times they said, You want an MRI of your shoulder? I said, For what? If it's a year or nine months of surgery, I don't want to know about it.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2012-09-02/201209021346625707972.html

See less See more
#2 ·
Great. Del po will get a walkover hopefully :) He needs all the help he can get to beat Nole

#10 ·
No I know. But that would be the best way to go out. Say... I was undefeated when I left the game cause you know he is going to get bageled by Nole even if he beats Del Po

#4 ·
No injury. Since Queens he has been okay. Long term issue more likely.

#6 ·
No. Us hardcore Roddick fans have noticed that he hasn't serve in 140s for a quite a long time. Andy's first match against Williams was the first time he's done that for years.

The shoulder is messed up, he's not getting the same power anymore. He was unreturnable off the first serve in 01-10. In 2012 he's about the same as everyone else in terms of serve stats, speed, etc.

There's a long time injury there.

#8 ·
First CD was lecturing Federer on his backhand, now Topspinclown lectures Roddick on his serve...

#7 ·
if he had retired in rogi wogi's backyard in '04,
he'd look sane

#9 ·
if he had retired in rogi wogi's backyard in '04,
he'd look sane
You are truly in the lower tier of MTF users, almost the last one, I would trust to assess on sanity.

#12 ·
surgery on a shoulder-ripped sane server. at least roddick isn't evil djoker, right, bigjohn?

#13 ·
#14 ·
There had to be a reason he lost to Ferrer on the grass of SW19.

#16 ·
100% Nadal = 100% Roddick

Tough to make a call

Early 2009 Nadal Vs late 2003 Roddick

Would be very exciting match up. but very tough to call the winner

#34 ·
I think Andy did the best he could with the talent he had.

I just think.. and this is stating the obvious: Andy isn't Pete, Andre, or Connors.

For sure Andy is a very polarizing and charismatic tennis player.

I'm going to miss my love/hate relationship I have with Andy as a competitor. But... I do think his heart is in the right place as far as trying to give back.

So Bravo to Andy Roddick: you made the sport interesting and you will be missed.:hatoff:

I'm glad he's going out on his own terms.:worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.