Mens Tennis Forums banner

Olympics R1: Monaco (9) def. Goffin 6-4 6-1

2K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  Hian-GOAT 
#1 ·
followed it on live scores. goffin had plenty of break points in the first set but the second set was one way traffic. hopefully lopez or tursunov will crush the vulture in chief.

#2 ·
Re: Olympics R1: Monaco a.k.a. Vulture In Chief (9) def. Goffin 6-4 6-1

Ohhhh yeahhhhh :dance:

#3 ·

Real tennis IMO.

#7 ·

I really think that some players of the younger generation, like Nishikori and Goffin are being overrated in terms of ability and game style simply because they're young(ish). And this isn't a knee jerk reaction to this loss. I find both of their game styles extremely boring.

#9 ·

I really think that some players of the younger generation, like Nishikori and Goffin are being overrated in terms of ability and game style simply because they're young(ish). And this isn't a knee jerk reaction to this loss. I find both of their game styles extremely boring.
agree, no kidding but i'd rather watch steve johnson or jack sock with their athletic and risky style of play

#10 ·
What are you watching, Goffin was 2/2 in the first set and was 0/4 in the second

#14 ·
Good job Pico! :yeah:

#25 ·
Good performance from Monaco, great to see him live up to expectations and his ranking.
Too early for Goffin yet, but I think it's a mistake to count him out in the future.

If it weren't so lame, I'd put "Goffin will rise" in my siggie - but eh, no I won't. :angel:

Just. Shut. UP!

#20 ·
He plays more aggressive in the grass, though tends to pull back when things gets tight.

#23 ·
little boy goff couldn't ride the lucky loser card and jerk off at the sight of federer in the next match. booohooo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.