Robin SoderKing's 2011 - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #571 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 59
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Some news about Robin in swedish: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13726378.ab

The bottom line is that while there is some progress with Robin's health, it is not very fast and the start in Stockholm is far from certain.
AZ-12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Robin will not play in Stockholm, it's obvious.

It's impossible to recover for 2 weeks remaining before the tournament.
AgnRus is offline  
post #573 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 7,805
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Urgh not good news. Expected him to be back in training long ago. If it doesn't answer well when he starts this week he might as well throw in the towel.

It's weird that Rosengren was coaching of Ancic as well. Now he's had two of the guys with the worst mono-outbreaks in recent years. But it also means he will be very careful and advice Robin to stay away from the court as long as possible. In the end it's probably for the best.


Quote:
Originally Posted by henke007 View Post
Maybe Robin will get better Draws ranked 12th then he got as nr 4 and 5 in the world


Seriously tennis is in a sad state right now. Delpo and Robin not playing the game and mugs like Simon, Almagro and Tipsarevic entering the top 10.
Agree. Tipsy won his first title just a week ago and will now pass Robin in the race. Delpo threw away his chance and Monfils is out with injury and will miss both Beijing/Shanghai so means that there will maybe be one unexpected player in London. I just hope it's not one of those 3
MaxPower is offline  
post #574 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.
AgnRus is offline  
post #575 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
sunzhewyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 729
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Nastia,take it easy...No one is spiteful..

by the way..Robin will get the T-shirt some days...woohoo!!

Robin Soderking
sunzhewyq is offline  
post #576 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,908
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.
Robin might have had mono for over a month before the doctor diagnosed him, so... Anyway he should skip Stockholm imo. He's not gonna win it anyway with so little time to prepare.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
post #577 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Robin might have had mono for over a month before the doctor diagnosed him, so... Anyway he should skip Stockholm imo. He's not gonna win it anyway with so little time to prepare.
His agent said he did tests on mono after Wimbledon, and the result was negative
AgnRus is offline  
post #578 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
His agent said he did tests on mono after Wimbledon, and the result was negative
The problem with mono is that it's very difficult to properly diagnose, especially in the initial stages. Even if he didn't have it at that time yet, it may well be that he's been having it for quite a while now.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #579 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post
Nastia,take it easy...No one is spiteful..
Jonathan, I don't blame anyone, I just express my opinion.if my posts seems too negative to you, you can skip them. I am not a pessimist, I am a realist.
And yes, as a fan of Robin, I don't see any reason to delight in the last couple of months. It saddens me to see my favorite player falling down, it really surprises you?
AgnRus is offline  
post #580 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered User
 
swedes_rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 606
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.

thats why i suggested he should take the rest of the season off, but when i suggested that everyone said "noooo he'll be back in a couple of weeks". i think a "quick recovery" would be the stuidist thing he could do.. he was never going to be able to get to London this year, and ok so he loses some spots in the rankings - but thats better than permanently affecting his health!! the tour is crap with him not being around but im also really glad he's not being silly with this and actually taking some time to try to get better. im just hoping for a healthier 2012 season

Grigor Dimitrov | Jarkko Nieminen | Stan Wawrinka
Simon Aspelin | Jonas Bjorkman | Thomas Enqvist | Thomas Johansson | Magnus Norman | Robin Soderling
swedes_rule is offline  
post #581 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
sunzhewyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 729
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Jonathan, I don't blame anyone, I just express my opinion.if my posts seems too negative to you, you can skip them. I am not a pessimist, I am a realist.
And yes, as a fan of Robin, I don't see any reason to delight in the last couple of months. It saddens me to see my favorite player falling down, it really surprises you?
i think no one here is pleased to see these situations, especially those who want to see him face to face in the following tournaments.

His disease needs a lot of time to recover, which we all know. Every one wants him to get better and better. I just hope he can, even if he is not able to in fact.So what can surprise me is nothing but his comeback.

Robin Soderking
sunzhewyq is offline  
post #582 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 7,805
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

recovery from mono is very individual so no-one could have known how long it would take. Some athletes are back in no time. Federer didn't miss much either. Sadly Robin took a major beating from the disease and the reason was probably that his body was weakened, possibly from too much physical training combined with different medication he's taken during the time leading up to the mono outbreak.

The wrist injury could have been a contributing factor as he had to "over-train" as he didn't have much time to get in match shape for the US Open series. He's stubborn and really wanted to play Cincy and USO and in the end those factors probably put his body under so much stress that he was defenseless vs the mono outbreak. Had he decided on an early stage to skip Cincy and USO I guess he would have been back by now. No-one knows that either but that's what I think. A big lesson for the future is to decide earlier to skip/not skip tournaments so he can actually rest. Been like that most of the season that he's been under pressure just to be ready. When he finally decided to skip a tournament early (the DC meeting after wimby) it paid off big time
MaxPower is offline  
post #583 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
thats why i suggested he should take the rest of the season off, but when i suggested that everyone said "noooo he'll be back in a couple of weeks". i think a "quick recovery" would be the stuidist thing he could do.. he was never going to be able to get to London this year, and ok so he loses some spots in the rankings - but thats better than permanently affecting his health!! the tour is crap with him not being around but im also really glad he's not being silly with this and actually taking some time to try to get better. im just hoping for a healthier 2012 season
Christina, if Robin will be ready for Bercy for example, why should he wait for 2012? It will be harder in 2012, when he falls heavily in the rankings now, because he can meet the top players earlier. And don't count on the fact that he can stay healthy the whole season 2012, he has never had such seasons without injuries and illnesses, his chronic injuries will not go away and he gets older.
AgnRus is offline  
post #584 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered User
 
swedes_rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 606
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Christina, if Robin will be ready for Bercy for example, why should he wait for 2012? It will be harder in 2012, when he falls heavily in the rankings now, because he can meet the top players earlier. And don't count on the fact that he can stay healthy the whole season 2012, he has never had such seasons without injuries and illnesses, his chronic injuries will not go away and he gets older.
If he's ready, of course he should play. I just mean that he shouldn't push himself when he's not ready just so he doesn't lose ranking points. He'll lose a whole lot more if he's still sick/injured next year.. thats all I mean.

Grigor Dimitrov | Jarkko Nieminen | Stan Wawrinka
Simon Aspelin | Jonas Bjorkman | Thomas Enqvist | Thomas Johansson | Magnus Norman | Robin Soderling
swedes_rule is offline  
post #585 of 676 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
If he's ready, of course he should play. I just mean that he shouldn't push himself when he's not ready just so he doesn't lose ranking points. He'll lose a whole lot more if he's still sick/injured next year.. thats all I mean.
I think everyone here agree with this.


Robin apparently too weak yet :

http://svt.se/2.21318/1.2558043/sode..._open&from=rss
AgnRus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome