Who are you, Sodafans? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Registered User
 
sunzhewyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 729
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena, Egy View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm definitely a Sodafan I would really love to join your great group! I'm Nesreen, from Egypt. You can call me Rena though Nice to meet all of you!
Welcome Rena!

Robin Soderking
sunzhewyq is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 05:11 AM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena, Egy View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm definitely a Sodafan I would really love to join your great group! I'm Nesreen, from Egypt. You can call me Rena though Nice to meet all of you!
Nice to meet you too, Rena!!!
AgnRus is offline  
post #78 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered User
 
Rena, Egy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 2
 
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Sunzhewyq and Agnrus, thank u
Rena, Egy is offline  
post #79 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 59
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

I am Anders, a 40+ mathematician from Sweden that loves tennis both as a spectator and as a player (at a modest level).

I have followed Robin closely since his break through performance where he reached the final in Stockholm open against Mardy Fish.

I'm much into sports in general, besides tennis I particularly like downhill skiing, although not competetive - just for fun.
AZ-12 is offline  
post #80 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered User
 
sunzhewyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 729
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-12 View Post
I am Anders, a 40+ mathematician from Sweden that loves tennis both as a spectator and as a player (at a modest level).

I have followed Robin closely since his break through performance where he reached the final in Stockholm open against Mardy Fish.

I'm much into sports in general, besides tennis I particularly like downhill skiing, although not competetive - just for fun.
welcome Anders

Robin Soderking
sunzhewyq is offline  
post #81 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered User
 
MaxPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 7,805
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

hi everyone and nice to meet you all!

Realized I never presented myself because honestly this thread seemed quite dead and now it's off season now anyway....



I'm Max, 27 years old. Lives in southwest Sweden. Work as a programmer.

BIG tennis fan and played myself (until about 10 years ago) but not anymore. I do play squash sometimes for fitness and hey at least it's a racket sport.

Always followed the swedish players and my favorites used to be Enqvist, Norman and Pim-pim and as they retired/got injured only Soderling remains. I always liked his style and ballsy play. His win over Nadal in 2009 is still is probably my best tennis memory as it was so unexpected and so awesome. I probably rate that as one of the best sport moments ever.

To me great tennis is about power and aggressive play. Huge serves, big forehands, big backhands. It's about taking your chances on critical points and to be brave. All those things that make you go "wow I would never be able to play like that or be that brave under pressure" To me Soderling is one of those guys. He truly is an amazing athlete and got a great attitude on court. Is also very under-appreciated (in Sweden and everywhere) so I feel a bit of a need to give him some props internationally.

Except tennis I'm also a huge hockeyfan (yes ice-hockey) but mostly of NHL and of course of the swedish national teams in the WJC, WC and Olympics. I also follow MMA and boxing to some extent but not as much as tennis. Football (soccer) I follow mostly because many friends are huge fans. I've never gotten that into it. Find it boring and often unsportsmanlike with all the diving going on.

You'd probably seen me around the general message mostly but I'd say this Soderling forum is one of the prime sources of info about him. His own webpage and facebook/twitter are just terribly outdated.

We'll see how active I am in 2012, depends a bit on my workload but lets hope Soderling can bounce back. It's been some dark months now but after rain comes sunshine!
MaxPower is offline  
post #82 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered User
 
sunzhewyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 729
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
hi everyone and nice to meet you all!

Realized I never presented myself because honestly this thread seemed quite dead and now it's off season now anyway....

I'm Max, 27 years old. Lives in southwest Sweden. Work as a programmer.
Hello,Max

Robin Soderking
sunzhewyq is offline  
post #83 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Registered User
 
tommyg6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,701
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Big Robin Soderling fan here,

I'm from Canada, I've been watching Soderking play since he beat Rafa at French Open 2009. Thats when I first noticed him and I have been a fan of him ever since. My favorite match from him is his match against Michael Llodra at the Shanghai Masters.

I love Robin's ballbashing aggresive style. Its fun to watch. It seems rare to see somebody play with that much aggression and risk taking and succeed! I play tennis myself and I aspire to play his style! Its so awesome.
tommyg6 is offline  
post #84 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Registered User
 
AgnRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
My favorite match from him is his match against Michael Llodra at the Shanghai Masters.
Perhaps you meant the Paris Masters

Welcome!
AgnRus is offline  
post #85 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered User
 
sunzhewyq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 729
                     
Re: Who are you, Sodafans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
Big Robin Soderling fan here,

I'm from Canada, I've been watching Soderking play since he beat Rafa at French Open 2009. Thats when I first noticed him and I have been a fan of him ever since. My favorite match from him is his match against Michael Llodra at the Shanghai Masters.

I love Robin's ballbashing aggresive style. Its fun to watch. It seems rare to see somebody play with that much aggression and risk taking and succeed! I play tennis myself and I aspire to play his style! Its so awesome.
Big welcome to big fan!!!haha

Robin Soderking
sunzhewyq is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome