- View Single Post - Johnny Groove Tennis Career
View Single Post
post #161 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
country flag Johnny Groove
When You're On The Poster
Re: My tennis career, back from the dead, won 2 rounds, into my first ever semifinal

Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
And whats your ranking now?
Well the new rankings will come out in early June, the USTA does it once per month.

The guy I beat in the 1st round was ranked #37 in the state of Florida in the 4.5's, and I'm pretty by making the SF, I am going to gain 50 points and jump from 152 in the state in the 4.5's to #95 or so in the state

By contrast, I am ranked #549 in the state in the Men's Opens, the true ranking, really. A bit of perspective, the #1 in the state in the Men's Open is Matt Bocko, former #400 ATP in 2010, #9 in the state is Joe Cadogan, ranked 1351 ATP currently, and most of the other top 10-20 in the state either currently or formerly have had rank or are playing futures.

So its a long way to go

Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
its good to hear that you got some good results, work harder Johnny
Thank you mimi

Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
Good luck Jon, and congrats on the results!
Thank you Maya

Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Congrats, keep it up
Thanks mate

Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance.
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome