Just to confirm, or to let those of you know who weren't aware, that the qualification for the Olympic Games will be the same as in 2008.
You can check the 2008 thread here or there is a summary of the rules below: Tennis Tipping # 49 ~ The Olympics! Congrats Slovenia, double gold medalists!
- Rankings Cut off Date: June 11th 2012
- Country limitation: no more than 4 players from each country.
- 64 direct acceptances, no qualifying.
- Fifth players are allowed to play only if one of the four higher ranked players from their country don't commit.
- Country limitation: no more than 2 teams from each country.
- 32 direct acceptances, no qualifying.
- Teams should be composed from the four (two) best ranked players from each qualified nation.
- Fifth players are allowed to play just if one of the four higher ranked players from their country don't commit.
- The same applies to third players of nations that do not have enough qualified players to form two teams.
- Additional rule: Top 10 players are automatically qualified, providing they find a ranked player from their country to play with them.